This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greatest car?

I'm pretty nervous, this is my first thread, so bare with me!

I was watching TV earlier and i saw an advert on Sky One for the greatest cars. This gave me an idea and it was also solve an age old problem me and my mates tried to solve in our last year of school. What is the greatest ever car to grace TV? Here's some of my ideas...

The Delorian (Back to the Future), The Batmobile (batman), Kit (Knight Rider), Dukes of Hazard's Dodge Charger (Dukes of Hazard) and last but certainly not least, THE van! (The A-Team!).

Anyone got any other ideas? My vote goes to the Delorian! hopefully if we get some other ideas, maybe we could make it into a pole??

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

The Scooby Doo van lol

Found this:

Star cars from TV
    1 The Saint: Volvo P1800
    2 Thunderbirds: FAB 1
    3 The Prisoner: Lotus Super Seven
    4. The Baron: Jensen CV8
    5. Man in a Suitcase: Hillman Imp
    6. The Persuaders: Aston DBS and Ferrari Dino
    7. Department S: Lancia Fulvia Coupe
    8. Jason King: Bentley Continental
    9. Joe 90: flying, jet-powered car
    10. Return of the Saint: Jaguar XJ-S V1

http://www.channel4.com/4car/feature...s-from-tv.html

The Delorean is fab but Kit gets my vote
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

I haven't heard of half of those shows. they're all pretty retro in 60's/70's goodness! One is "return of the saint" and that's cos Alan Partridge plays air drums to the theme tune!!

As for Kit, he is definately a top runner! I like it even more after i found out that the voice of Kit was "George Feeney" from boy meets world. (a childhood favourite of mine!) I can't for the life of me remember his name..

Comment

I'd have to go with KITT.

It was smarter than its driver
        I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

How could you people forget it?! The flying car from Flubber!!
          sigpic
          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
            Star cars from TV
            1 The Saint: Volvo P1800
            Carter drives one of them!

Comment

It's got to be the General Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                Carter drives one of them!
                yeah she did have 1 of those in the early season 4 and 5 but i think it was season 6 she has i think either a volvo s80 or v80 im not too sure but its crap the classic volvo was better eye candy and it suited her better cars these days lack unique style and flare for dramatics, most cars look the same to a greater or lesser degree take cadillac those horrible escalades and stos look horrible (you know the car chase from the matrix reloaded they were both cads and looks awfrull to say the least.
                For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Wot no bond cars dude! I'd have to vote for one of the aston martins he drives they're all cool and go like the clappers.

Comment

My car, which incidentally is for sale.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

OK heres the bond cars

For full list seehttp://www.carenthusiast.com/news0910/bond_3.htm

Snippet:
                      A Chronological History of the James Bond Film Vehicles

(BMW AG press release)
                      1. The Beginnings: English Sport Cars and Luxury Automobiles for 007
                      In the first movie, Dr. No (1962), Bond, who was played by Sean Connery, drove a light-blue convertible. It was a Sunbeam Alpine, series 5, from the 1961 model year. Bond was picked up from the airport in Kingston, Jamaica, by a taxi driver with a Chevrolet Bel-Air. Both cars were unspectacular production models, and therefore hardly worth mentioning. In From Russia with Love (1963) a 4 1/2 Liter Bentley Sports Tourer appeared right at the beginning – a car that was also a favorite of Ian Fleming, the author of the Bond novels. Later in the film, Bond is chauffeured in a black Rolls Royce in Istanbul. It was not until the third film, Goldfinger that a movie appeared that made an English sports car world famous.
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

How could we all forget Ecto 1 from "Ghostbusters"? That car was cool and certainly gets my vote!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightingale
                          How could we all forget Ecto 1 from "Ghostbusters"? That car was cool and certainly gets my vote!
                          What a car! i loved the first ghostbusters movie and that car was one of the highlights. the siren was so cool.

Speaking of car chases, anyone remember the film "Bullit" (sp?) with steve mcqueen? that car chase was amazing. i loved those cars. everytime it's on Tv, i watch that scene although i still don't know what the actual film's about!

Comment

What? No mention of The Professionals? No gleaming silver Ford Capri?
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                              My vote goes to the Delorian!
                              Mine too!

Comment

Working...
                              X