No announcement yet.

last person to reply WINS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That probably makes large family reunions a bit tense.

TW - you know Rubber Duckie in German?!? That would rock!
    sigpic
    Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
      That probably makes large family reunions a bit tense.

TW - you know Rubber Duckie in German?!? That would rock!
      I don't know if any of the German side of the family would show up, but we don't have family reunions anyway. We really don't have much contact with that particular line of the family, American or German.
      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
        I don't know if any of the German side of the family would show up, but we don't have family reunions anyway. We really don't have much contact with that particular line of the family, American or German.
        I find there's always one branch of the family tree that kind of goes off on its own. Usually for the better. Or maybe that's just with my family.
        sigpic

Comment

I find there's always one branch of the family tree that kind of goes off on its own. Usually for the better. Or maybe that's just with my family.
          It'd probably get rather large and unwieldly otherwise. Branches pruning themselves right off of the family tree.
          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Ah, you're not alone. My father's side of the family is dead to us. I haven't seen them in years. After what they did, I don't want to. If there was a reunion, it'd get uglier than listening to Carol Channing reading a copy of Mein Kampf out loud for two weeks straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
              Ah, you're not alone. My father's side of the family is dead to us. I haven't seen them in years. After what they did, I don't want to. If there was a reunion, it'd get uglier than listening to Carol Channing reading a copy of Mein Kampf out loud for two weeks straight.
              Ouch!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                I had the weirdest moment of deja vu as I read that. Have you mentioned something about this before?
                Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

I had the weirdest moment of deja vu as I read that. Have you mentioned something about this before?
                  About my family or Carol Channing reading Mein Kampf? I don't think I've ever mentioned either. However, I have a piss poor memory, so it's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                    About my family or Carol Channing reading Mein Kampf? I don't think I've ever mentioned either. However, I have a piss poor memory, so it's possible.
                    Both. I felt like I had remembered someone stating something about his/her family, and then talking about Carol Channing reading Mein Kampf. It didn't seem like the normal "I've experienced this moment before" deja vu. It was more like I simply remembered a similar (though not exactly the same) event.
                    Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Both. I felt like I had remembered someone stating something about his/her family, and then talking about Carol Channing reading Mein Kampf. It didn't seem like the normal "I've experienced this moment before" deja vu. It was more like I simply remembered a similar (though not exactly the same) event.
                      I don't know what to tell you. I don't pretend to understand what goes on in your twisted replicator mind.

I just realized you have a Fifth avatar. Creepy.

Comment

Maybe it was a precognition thing. Where you think or dream something and then it happens later. I've done that before. It's kinda jarring.
                        sigpic

Comment

I know not what it was.

Vee, half the time *I* don't know what's going on in my mind.

I've always had the Fifth avatar, I think it somewhat bears a resemblence to my actual face. Note that I also have poor eyesight.
                          Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

I got rubberducky as an attachment from a friend, and played it, discovering (my friend not knowing this) that the song was a techno-version done in german. I still have it and listen to it.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                              I got rubberducky as an attachment from a friend, and played it, discovering (my friend not knowing this) that the song was a techno-version done in german. I still have it and listen to it.
                              Heh.
                              Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                                OMG! Any way you can share? That would be too funny.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X