Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vikings: News/Discussion ( & Season 4 trailer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Eps
    Spoiler:
    his vision showed just how much his advancement cost him. He figured out how to navigate the ocean, to raid England, and it cost him his family.
    I wonder if they are leading up to Ragnar's last days
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It's still kinda odd to see Rollo go into battle so dressed.

Spoiler:
      So, I guess Bjorn is the leader now. Or at least acting one. And his younger brothers seem old enough to join him on the next raid. Rollo probably has a few French kids now. Also... what happened to Lagertha?
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I missed a chunk of the mid season finale (need to catch up when i can)

but it was interesting
        Spoiler:
        to see the huge jump in time, which I did expect given a statement michael hirst said about them knowing so much more about Ivar. No word about Lagatha that I heard, but I can't see them killing her off. I know Ragnar pretty much dumped her for what's her name, well the new wife is a bitter drunk so he may be regretting that, who knows.

I do kinda think this is Ragnar's last season.

sigpic

Comment

So what went wrong with this half season? Don't get me wrong, it was still good but the writing and direction of this show fell flat.

Luckily the next half looks good...I just don't want one of my favorite shows to turn bad.

Spoilers for next season/history

Spoiler:
          There are scenes in the 4B trailer that confirm the Great Heathen Army, which should be a blast to see on screen
          sigpic

Comment

Just started watching this, im not sure if i like it just yet but ill keep watching for awhile
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I need to catch up -- I'm so far behind it's a shame.

Darn I thought I could visit some of the locations when I visit Northern-Ireland in two weeks, but it seems I've already seen the locations where Vikings is shot -- or some of them anyway as they are shot in County Wicklow in Ireland. Been there already.

Oh well, lots of Game of Thrones locations to visit so probably won't have time to drive south to Wicklow anyways.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I need to catch up -- I'm so far behind it's a shame.

Darn I thought I could visit some of the locations when I visit Northern-Ireland in two weeks, but it seems I've already seen the locations where Vikings is shot -- or some of them anyway as they are shot in County Wicklow in Ireland. Been there already.

Oh well, lots of Game of Thrones locations to visit so probably won't have time to drive south to Wicklow anyways.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Looks good, I can't wait for the rest of season 4 to air.
                    sigpic

Comment

So...how'd you guys like last night's episode?
                      sigpic

Comment

well
                        Spoiler:

You knew Ragnar had to die. That part was 'fated' since the beginning seeing as how it was based on the historical figure, no matter how loosely.

I think he wanted to die...better to go out as a focus point for revenge than fade away a washed up hasbeen

Is this the last season for the show? Because I do kinda see it starting to fade.

I mean I like Bjorn going on his own and basically following in his father's footsteps.
                        Ivar, well Ivar is a sociopath so hard to have any real sympathy for him. And the other sons might do better now that their father is gone...and I am glad to see the wife gone...she enabled too much entitlement with her sons.
                        Nice to see Lagatha reclaiming her own.

The show will change, they have that much right.

sigpic

Comment

There is still 25 confirmed episodes left as it has been renewed for a 20 episode fifth season. That will give us 69 episodes total

That's a pretty good run.

But will that be it? Good question. Hirst has said he wants to have the show eventually get to the Vikings settling North America though that is still about 200 years away. He COULD condense the history, once again, and cram it into the next 25 episodes. But I'm not sure.

Either way, I'm glad that we get to see the Great Heathen Army coming up.
                          sigpic

Comment

well, as to the future
                            Spoiler:
                            they could theoretically get there if they forward to Bjorn's son or grand son following some story or with some desire for grand exploration like grampy used to do (aka my grandfather bjorn raided the Mediterranean, been there, done that, here's the story about the america')

and the latter part of the last season or last episode or two deal with the Vikings being in America

I like the history, no matter how loosely translated it may be but, well raiding is raiding, they can only tell the same story so many times.

sigpic

Comment

Not sure about Vikings in the America's, maybe a final scene of the final episode as they sail off into the sunset. I think future focus is on the sons, whom we have a much greater amount of confirmed history about.

Can Ivar live up to the hype they have created around his character? We'll see, he is so creepy but I can't help but root for him.
                              sigpic

Comment

He is creepy. BUt I guess, when you grow up in a warrior society, a child that should have been left to die, the son of a famous warrior that can't even stand on his own two feet? Well, you'd have an attitude too.

It will be interesting to see the transition of a show with having most of hte original characters gone by its end. Lagatha and Floki are the only ones reallly left to be a part of the show...and I'd say Lagatha's longevity is not guaranteed.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X