No announcement yet.

Alcatraz (FOX) - News/Discussion/Speculation/Predictions SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uggg..I liked the first 30 minutes of the show...but my allergy meds kicked in...will have to watch it on DVR and then comment on the 2nd half of the show.
    sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed last nights episode, I'm liking the intrigue and mystery as the show goes on.
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        I enjoyed last nights episode, I'm liking the intrigue and mystery as the show goes on.
        Same here but I don't know how long they can drag it out. This last one helped move it along, but I hope by the end of the season they'll have at least answered how they disappeared and reappeared in the present.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Well, I was finally able to watch the end of the show, and I enjoyed it. I like that the plot is thickening as we see the web of relationships. I agree with the general feeling of...I wanna know how they did it...
          sigpic

Comment

the reason for everything better make sense and be interesting because if it's not, the show is going to sink hard and fast.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
              Same here but I don't know how long they can drag it out. This last one helped move it along, but I hope by the end of the season they'll have at least answered how they disappeared and reappeared in the present.
              Who knows how long it will take them, look at Lost I really didn't like their so called explanation
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Who knows how long it will take them, look at Lost I really didn't like their so called explanation
                I honestly don't see the show lasting that long. Not enough to carry the show, imo. Criminal of the week will get old quick for me. Luckily I like the lead characters. Though it's kinda weird with Sam Neil on a tv show as I'm used to him in movies.

They need to at least reveal one of the big mysteries by the end of this season. Either how they got here or what they are looking for. I want to know what the keys are for and what's the deal with collecting the blood.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Breaking News, Alcatraz last night didn't suck! It was so so, but it was still better than all the rest. Sorry about not reviewing last week's episode like I promised, but there was no way in hell I would have put myself through that drivel from last week. this week though, was okay, and I'll definitely be back for next week's episode.

Comment

Got to watch this week's episode, finally. It was quite enjoyable. Based on the end of the show...it seems that it was Lucy who is connected in some way to what happened the to guards. I just want to know how the doctor, Lucy, the guards, and inmates haven't aged since the 60s. I'm sure it will all be revealed in due time...
                    sigpic

Comment

the first episode I saw was 6, so I went to FOX to catch up and the Pilot is already gone (so stupid) so I watched 2, 3, and now I am on 4, I hope this show won't be as drawn out as LOST was, I don't even know how many seasons that went on and on for, I lost interest after the first 2 or 3, LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                        Got to watch this week's episode, finally. It was quite enjoyable. Based on the end of the show...it seems that it was Lucy who is connected in some way to what happened the to guards. I just want to know how the doctor, Lucy, the guards, and inmates haven't aged since the 60s. I'm sure it will all be revealed in due time...
                        She probably is the reason, maybe a Philadelphia type experiment went wrong (hence why they don't know where/when they're coming back), especially with the "You know her methods, fix her" line at the end.

Also the guy will work her out, he said in the episode that there were no female doctors while taking to the guy before being interrupted.

I'm quiet enjoying this, but how are the viewing figures in the US? I hate it when something I like get's cancelled.

Comment

Ratings for this last ep:

18-49 rating was 1.9 and then Live+SD was 6.24 million viewers

Here were Live+7 ratings for the ep two weeks ago. Which had better ratings for the L+SD.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

I liked last nights episode. I like how they are going back to the inmates they have caught instead of just dumping them and forgetting them.

Do you know, Lonestar, whether those ratings were better than the previous week? I keep forgetting to check.
                            sigpic

Comment

I liked the last ep as well. These past three eps have been good.

Ratings seem to continue to slide down though.

Here's the ratings so far:

Two hr premier - 3.3 rating and 10.05 million viewers (L+SD)
                              Episode 3 - 3.0 rating and 9.03 million viewers
                              Episode 4 - 2.8 rating and 8.44 million viewers
                              Episode 5 - 2.3 rating and 6.91 million viewers
                              Episode 6 - 1.9 rating and 6.24 million viewers (which is a shame b/c I thought the previous ep was really good and would have held its #s)
                              Episode 7 (last ep) - 1.8 rating and 5.96 million viewers (adjusted #s haven't been posted on TVBtN yet)
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

It's moving too slowly for your average viewer. If fox is patient and gives it another season, then the buzz might catch up with it. but as much fun as 'solve the mystery' shows can be, they are risky. Because don't give viewers a pay off on a regular basis they move onto something else.

For me, being Human is on against it....so Alcatraz is caught on tape later.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X