Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

Love this movie. I liked the scene where they are all playing pirates to throw Lt Pascal off the boat and Nitro (the electrician) has a chicken you'd buy in the meat dept of a store on his shoulder to replace a parrot.
    Nitro (Toby Huss) and Sonar (Harland Williams) are my favorites in that movie because they're just so off the wall. Toby Huss does some pretty good Frank Sinatra impersonations and can actually sing Sinatra songs very well. Not surprisingly, he's ended up doing a lot of voiceover work. And then there's Harland Williams, who is one of the most random people I've ever seen—everything from whale impersonations to just everyday strangeness. I've seen Harland on Conan a few times in the past and not even Conan knows what to do with him.
    sigpic

Comment

Lost in Austen (2008 miniseries). Love this show and as a big costume drama fan I think this is one of the most entertaining shows I've seen in awhile.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
        True....
        but there are levels of gore...and I think they are way up there
        Bah it's tame compared to some of the shows out there. Boardwalk Empire on HBO really beats almost any other show (or film for that matter) at times on gore. Hell HBO in general, the producers for Game of thrones say that if they had adapted the books into films rather than a tv series, with content in them it would have meant they would have been rejected from having a R rating, the sex and violence being so strong.
        http://www.accesshollywood.com/produ..._article_42031

Comment

Big Love Episode 45 A Seat at the Table

Dexter 2.01 It's Alive!
          Dexter 2.02 Waiting to Exhale
          Dexter 2.03 An Inconvenient Lie
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Dexter 2.01 It's Alive!
            Dexter 2.02 Waiting to Exhale
            Dexter 2.03 An Inconvenient Lie
            So. Enjoying Dexter I take it?
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

The Adventures of Lano and Woodley, 1.05 - The Wall
              The Adventures of Lano and Woodley, 1.06 - The Two Men

Criminal Minds, 3.14 - Damaged
              Criminal Minds, 3.15 - A Higher Power

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                So. Enjoying Dexter I take it?
                So far so good. I'll admit to being mildly disappointed with a thing or two, and I think the show gets a bit too much praise. But it's still good stuff and I'm enjoying it.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

So you have horribly high standards then? Gotcha.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    So far so good. I'll admit to being mildly disappointed with a thing or two, and I think the show gets a bit too much praise. But it's still good stuff and I'm enjoying it.
                    It gets better, and better and better. And hell if there was a show that beat HBO ones for gore, Dexter might be it. Season 4 is nasty at times, and bloody disturbing. It actually, I found, becomes uncomfortable to watch, not cause of the gore though that's there, but it delves into the mind of a child killer (not Dexter though you'll be happy to hear) , it's riveting drama but it is not cheery fun entertainment.

Comment

Excellent, sounds right up my alley. Cheery fun entertainment has its place, but I do so prefer the dark and heavy

Comment

Castle!!!

The Cape (probably the last time)
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Episodes 1.01 Episode One
                          Episodes 1.02 Episode Two
                          Episodes 1.03 Episode Three

Dexter 2.04 See-Through
                          Dexter 2.05 The Dark Defender
                          Dexter 2.06 Dex, Lies, and Videotape

Comment

**** my dad says - 1.14
                            sigpic

Comment

Top Gear Season 16 episode 1

Comment

Dexter 2.07 That Night, A Forest Grew
                                Dexter 2.08 Morning Comes
                                Dexter 2.09 Resistance is Futile [HILARIOUS ]
                                Dexter 2.10 There's Something About Harry

Comment

Working...
                                X