What non-sci-fi TV did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top gear (3 wise men episode)
    The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Episodes 7 and 8 of The Pacific.

Ep 7...brutal. What a waste of lives as the military ended up never using that island.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
        Episodes 7 and 8 of The Pacific.

Ep 7...brutal. What a waste of lives as the military ended up never using that island.
        Episodes 7 & 9 were the most wrenching in the series, I think. Emotionally speaking, these two episodes indirectly answered a question brought up by Band of Brothers: What would Easy Company have been like had Winters been KIA during the middle of their European advance rather than survive to become battalion commander? I think E Company would have taken it as hard at Sledgehammer, Jay de L'Eau and the other Marines when Capt. Haldane died.
        sigpic

Comment

The Simpsons season 10 (hoping to watch it all today )
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Father Ted
            The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Jaws 1, 2, 3 (only parts on 3 so far) - repeating over and over again on Encore channel today

From Vienna: The New Year's Celebration 2011
              annual tradition since my childhood - although a little upset this year as they didn't just do music from the Strauss family. But they kept the traditional ending of the Radetzky March!!
              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                Episodes 7 & 9 were the most wrenching in the series, I think. Emotionally speaking, these two episodes indirectly answered a question brought up by Band of Brothers: What would Easy Company have been like had Winters been KIA during the middle of their European advance rather than survive to become battalion commander? I think E Company would have taken it as hard at Sledgehammer, Jay de L'Eau and the other Marines when Capt. Haldane died.
                Yeah that was a hard episode to watch. Haven't seen eps 9 and 10 yet. Easy Company certainly would have been different if Winters had been killed.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Just finished watching the season 3 premiere of Southland.

Yeah that was a hard episode to watch. Haven't seen eps 9 and 10 yet. Easy Company certainly would have been different if Winters had been killed.
                  Part 9 was the toughest one to watch for me; definitely one of the darkest war stories I've ever seen. Though it was very well written, it was a bit of a relief for that episode to be over and to get to part 10.
                  sigpic

Comment

Southland 3.01 Let It Snow
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

local news
                      sigpic

Comment

the simpsons
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

eps 9 and 10 of The Pacific.

Really good series. Though I still think Band of Brothers is the better of the two.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Days of our Lives. FINALLY stuff is happening after months of set up!

IHS
                            sigpic

Comment

eps 9 and 10 of The Pacific.

Really good series. Though I still think Band of Brothers is the better of the two.
                              Congrats on finishing it. I do like them both almost equally, though BoB tops the Pacific by a little bit for me.
                              sigpic

Comment

From who knows when until tonight:

Operation Mincemeat

Horizon - Fermat's Last Theorem

The Search for Life: The Drake Equation
                                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                                X