MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insolence.

I have just imagined Thor is saying to good-bye to Daniel then basically Michael Shanks is talking with himself.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

His alter ego is an alien...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I believe they have slightly changed his tone as well as more and more obvious it was that MS was talking as Thor. Maybe I have just imagined this change because I knew this face, but it feels a bit different in season 2 or in season 10. Maybe I was gettting better at English and I have got used to his voice and speech style much better during the years.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

It can’t believe this might be finally happening ! Let’s hope for the best !

We really need good news !

Comment

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2020/...iting-destiny/
            I hope he is not playing with our feelings again...

Comment

I'll believe it when a network is announced.

Comment

I was expecting bigger activity here after this great news. I agree with you, we have been fooled too many timesand 9-10 years were way too much waiting, but at least BW is working on the 4th series. No Stargate : Command app jokes anymore please... Finally we have got not just a one word "trying" answer, but definately a positive confirmation that the project is shaping according to Joe. Just I wish we could hear it from Brad Wright. He doesn't have to reveal any title before somebody steals the domain name etc., just I need a real confirmation from him directly. If you read us, Mr. Wright, please....
                Or just ask him on Twitter.

Comment

It'd be difficult for them to start writing or even filming anything now due to the COVID-19 situation. Stargate is a show that requires coreograqphers, stunt actors, makeup etc.. That's a whole a lot of people. MGM is probably delaying to submit any info back to Brad since nobody wants to be responsible for someone getting infected or even work under the current outbreak situation and potentially, end up giving their lives for it just so we could see the adventures of an SG team on-screen. To risk everybody's safety and well-being because of making a goup of main 4-5 fictional characters using a space portal just isn't worth it.

Comment

BW can polish his scripts. They can have a longer casting as part of the pre-production etc.

I wish Jason Momoa would invest some money as producer.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      I wish Jason Momoa would invest some money as producer.
                      Jason Momoa has an estimated net worth of $14 million. The amount of that that he'd have available for new investments wouldn't come close to being able to finance what a single high end episode of a science fiction program would cost today.

Comment

Probably he will earn more with Aquaman2, but anyway it was just a wild idea. We can only hope they get a bigger, approximately 5-8 million / episode budget, so they can afford such things which was impossible 10-15 years ago.

I am still happy that something is happening, just it would be nice to hear it from BW directly. Or if they could reveal at least the working title. Maybe they can shoot it next spring when this COVID madness is over, so we could have a premiere at summer.

Comment

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2020/...-shows-amazon/

Maybe this is a sign that the fourth series will come to the Amazon Prime.

edit. FH has just told me on Twitter that this is not available outside of the USA. Again. I have a strong Stargate : Command de ja vu.
                          Last edited by Platschu; 13 September 2020, 04:25 AM.

Comment

It's why I use torrents. I have all three series + OG movie + Ark + Cont. downloaded, I'm just waiting for the right time to get a new external HDD because the current one I'm using seems to have some kind of minor internal damage which makes any media stop playing in any player without a reason and without me pausing it. The second I get the new external HDD, I'll get everything transferred over so that I can do a detailed SG re-watch.

Comment

Ehhem... ehhem... We don't talk about such things openly on the forum. I have got my DVDs as this is my favorite tv show, so it deserves to own it legally. I have got some homemade versions too with the Hungarian synch as we have never been lucky to be release in our language.

Comment

SG is my favorite TV show as well, it's just I don't currenlty have financial resources to dedicate for purchasing official DVD's/BlueRay's. And that's not the case just with SG for me, it's for a lot of other TV shows and movies as well. Plus I already have official DVD's of a sitcom that aired in my grandmother's birth country and they're just collecting dust on the top of a closet in a box in one of the rooms in my house.

Comment

Working...
                                X