No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judge will also headline the Stargate panel this month at San Diego Comic-Con, set for Thursday, July 19 (12 noon P/T) in Room 7AB. When asked if there will be new Stargate in the future, Judge coyly referenced the upcoming panel … and text message he’d received instructing him to say nothing other than that!
    https://www.gateworld.net/news/2018/...comiconn-2018/

It sounds promising. Just I don't want to be disappointed again, so we will see in 3 weeks time, if MGM is willing to announce something new SG material.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

For what it's worth I really hope we do hear something. I doubt it'll be anything massive but I'm still willing to give Origins a second try.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Probably we will get a second "season" of Origins what I hoped and expected. If we could get anything more (like new spinoff or other tv movies or more seasons of Origins in 2019-2020) than it would be a bonus. I really don't want to raise my hopes.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          Probably we will get a second "season" of Origins what I hoped and expected. If we could get anything more (like new spinoff or other tv movies or more seasons of Origins in 2019-2020) than it would be a bonus. I really don't want to raise my hopes.
          I'm kinda hopeful they'll do some SGU/Icarus Origins. Might be why my comics were cancelled...
          Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

how about this.... create a new series... called altered timelines... or 'at', or stargate at.... sgat.... sorta catchy....

and basically you have daniel, come back in time, through the gate, because **** has hit the fan so bad hes decided to alter events to a extraordinary level, maybe get a few others with him,, and combine this into the origins cast, and you can actually reboot stargate with a different era

although personally i like the idea of daniel and others going back caus **** and fan has collided, so they go back and intercept the ancients before they leave earth, either before pegasus or before the universe project, or after they return etc, and totally interact with them to alter events, either blatantly or otherwise

Comment

I wouldn't mind them exploring areas of the lore that just never got developed any further. The Giant Aliens, the Blue Fish guy (Nem?) and his people, old days of the Tok'ra, other SG teams, etc. There's so much potential for this to play with!
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Just received an email from SGC saying that SGC will be at San Diego Comic Con on July 19 at 12-1pm in room 7AB. Last time I was able to get a ticket for #SDCC was in 2007. No luck ever since. Not worth the travel for the Stargate fan meetup at 4:30-6:30 at Harbor House co-hosted with Legion M

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                  Just received an email from SGC saying that SGC will be at San Diego Comic Con on July 19 at 12-1pm in room 7AB. Last time I was able to get a ticket for #SDCC was in 2007. No luck ever since. Not worth the travel for the Stargate fan meetup at 4:30-6:30 at Harbor House co-hosted with Legion M
                  There's also a special public screening of Origins, and panels...

But the best part, our Millenium Falcon will be on display at SDCC so if anyone wants to visit it, and sit in the cockpit -- know that the steeringwheel you're touching is the actual one from the set used in the Han Solo film.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Just as long as it flies FH. That is what is important
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                      I have readed it as "Hathor House"!

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        I have readed it as "Hathor House"!
                        Well, it could be...

Comment

38 Shades of Stargate.

Comment

I have just seen a little article on SG:C about SDCC. It sounds promising, just I really don't want to be disappointed.

What do I expect from SGCC? They should announce:
                            - new Origins season twice a year - it would work like a character or race centric anthology type mini-series instead of short webepisodes, so the new Origins season(s) would be equal to 2-4-6 normal episode long mini serieses like an extended DVD movie
                            - new BW produced SG spinoff with 10-20 full episoded to debut at the summer and winter of 2020 - hopefully without reboot
                            - fee increase - probably it would be twice a year now
                            - to extend to Access to more countries or simple to extend to everyone who is willing to pay for it

I believe a new season of Origins would be the minimum requirement, while a mini-series or a full season (10, 13 or 20 episodes) would be an extra. I believe if they want to keep the people on SG:C then they have to provide at least 20+ weeks of new contents every year.

Comment

The only thing I want is Stargate Origins: Catherine on DVD (and BluRay) with a bunch of extras -- audio commentaries, the making off, behind the scenes interviews and whatever else.

Anything else, they can stick where the sun doesn't shine because all-access internationally beyond 6 countries is never going to happen. If they were ever "working" on that, it would have happened already. So **** them, and **** MGM!

Comment

FH: I understand your feelings. We will see what they are willing to announce to please the fans. Just someone should directly ask this All-Access related question at San Diego, so we should find an American fan who would do it in the name of the international fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X