MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
    Maybe if I got to pick which Goa'uld. Not sure about Ra.
    How about Nerus? Free cupcakes all day
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      How about Nerus? Free cupcakes all day

So long as he doesn't just leave crumbs from those individually frosted cakes. That's a deal breaker.

Comment

A never-seen-before technologic marvel: Individually frosted cakes.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I would give up my freedom and serve a Goa'uld System Lord for a new Series. And I would sell my soul to see an ending to SGU.
          "Well. We had our wonderful galactic empire what treated everyone fairly and equally. Then some misbehaving, rebellious groups from the Tau'ri commited numerous terror attacks. They have eliminated the legally chosen leadership of the planets while they were spreading fake news in the galaxy. We granted long life and prosperity, but they changed our teocracy into anarchy. "

- imagine this type of news report on the BBC Goa'uld channel. It really depends how and who presents the same news.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            "Well. We had our wonderful galactic empire what treated everyone fairly and equally. Then some misbehaving, rebellious groups from the Tau'ri commited numerous terror attacks. They have eliminated the legally chosen leadership of the planets while they were spreading fake news in the galaxy. We granted long life and prosperity, but they changed our teocracy into anarchy. "

- imagine this type of news report on the BBC Goa'uld channel. It really depends how and who presents the same news.
            Good guy Ra, invests lots of $$ in infrastructures and pyramids
            Good guy Ra, keeps millions of Jaffa employed
            Good guy Ra, create new colonies by bringing humans to various planets
            Good guy Ra, keeps the other system lords at bay
            Spoiler:

Comment

Does this require us to have a long range (or short range) message ball?
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well done, Chaka. Finally you understand how hard is to enslave... :cough: ... to integrate millions of people.

"Justice for the Goa'uld!" campaign should be started.
                Last edited by Platschu; 15 May 2018, 12:06 PM.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Good guy Ra, invests lots of $$ in infrastructures and pyramids
                  Good guy Ra, keeps millions of Jaffa employed
                  Good guy Ra, create new colonies by bringing humans to various planets
                  Good guy Ra, keeps the other system lords at bay
                  Political commercial: "Good guy Ra helps children. If you topple Ra, then you hate children. You don't hate children, do you?"
                  *cue camera shot of children*
                  https://www.gateworld.net/gallery/al...vie01_1526.JPG
                  Last edited by WraithTech; 15 May 2018, 11:18 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

How 'bout this: the "SCU"

Stargate Cinematic Universe

We spend four years and four movies to introduce our new characters, then one movie where they "team up" :wink: :wink: :nudge: :nudge. Then spend another four years introducing even more new characters, then let them team up with the original characters.

Etc. etc.

Yadda yadda

Don't get me wrong, I love the MCU...

Comment

Our life would be so simply if we could get a tiny little SG show again.

Comment

What I would like to see:

Individual movies (SGA / SGU) ---------> Brand new show
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Our life would be so simply if we could get a tiny little SG show again.
                          *Puppy eyes*
                          Pppplease.... just... one tiny-tiny show Mister producer?
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                            How 'bout this: the "SCU"

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                              66% percentage happened already - Stargate : Universe.

We talked about many times that there is no logic behind why MGM doesn't do anything with this franchise. Maybe a tv show, tv movie, mini series would never earn that amount of money like a big budget Stargate 2 movie, but money is money... The DVD movies were also successful as they could double the budget. The staff wanted to do them, the fans waited for them, so it was like a perfect match, but then they said no and no and even more no. Imagine that now we should have 15-20 movies now... Then we could really have got a "cinematic universe".

Comment

66% percentage happened already - Stargate : Universe.
                                Stargate also has a Loki. That has to be worth a few more percentage points.
                                And other Asgard too.
                                Last edited by WraithTech; 15 May 2018, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X