This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting words in the mouth of an ancient

Trying to work out the best wording for a how an ancient would say something.

How an earthborn Ancient would express to a Tau'ri the fact they both are and aren't an alien.

How would an ancient say that he isn't a the same species but is sorta the same genus, counts himself as an Earthling because it's effectively his planetary version of a nationality, but points out that his species of humanity (and he does see himself as human as a Tau'ri, a Tollan, a Neanderthal, or a Hok'Tar) isn't even from this galaxy.

Anyone got any ideas of how they'd say that? Preferably I'd like to see someone write it as dialogue...
    With Superb-Caliber-Frag-Statistics-Explosions-Are-Delicious!!

Hello, I am Moros. It is good to finally meet you. We have much to discuss.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Twilord View Post

How an earthborn Ancient would express to a Tau'ri the fact they both are and aren't an alien.

How would an ancient say that he isn't a the same species but is sorta the same genus, counts himself as an Earthling because it's effectively his planetary version of a nationality, but points out that his species of humanity (and he does see himself as human as a Tau'ri, a Tollan, a Neanderthal, or a Hok'Tar) isn't even from this galaxy.

Anyone got any ideas of how they'd say that? Preferably I'd like to see someone write it as dialogue...
      Whatever it is that he or she said, I imagine the delivery being like the Elves from LOTR.

Comment

Good News Darwin was on to something; bad news....that's where it gets complicated

Comment

with the wisdom of the ancients i dont beleive they would want to dispell such myths so fast, like the asgardwould say about us and the planets under the protected planets treaty,were just to young..lol
          Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

ancient to atlantis team member, whos been sleeping in my bed......
            Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

We are the ones that came before. Your ancestors.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilord View Post

If you're talking about an Ancient that is the descendent of those people that came from the Ancient's home galaxy then I believe they would call themselves Alterran, because they're still from the same blood line that originally came from what is now the Ori home galaxy.

The Alterrans would IMO likely call us Humans, saying that we are genetic cousins of the Alterrans, created by the Alterrans.

So is Janus was talking to a Human like Elizabeth Weir he would say something like: "I am an Alterran, your people were created by my race, we are genetic cousins to each other".

I doubt an Alterran would see themselve's as a species of Humanity, rather he/she would say that we are their creation, genetically similar, though there are probably differences with genetic code.

Comment

Working...
                X