Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An all new crew: Who would you want MGM to hire for a new Stargate show or movie(s)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An all new crew: Who would you want MGM to hire for a new Stargate show or movie(s)?

Let's say MGM hires writers, producers, crew, and cast for a 4th Stargate television series or movie(s).

Completely new writers.

Completely new producers.

New crew.

New cast.

Everybody is new.

Excluding anybody from the past, who would you want MGM to hire for any of those positions?

What key elements from SG94 (Stargate (1994)) and what key episodes from SG1, SGA, and SGU would you like those individuals to use as references or general guidelines for the new SG show or movie(s)?
    Are you in the Kansas City area? Do you know any SG fans in the area?
    Email me and join the local group of Stargate enthusiasts! (Email address in my profile.)
    What if... events occurred differently in Stargate? | Which version Stargate fan are you?
    When have you met SG cast or crew (excluding conventions)?
    Stargate Enthusiasts in the Kansas City Area | Being Introduced to Stargate

So all the regulars would need to be new. Could we have guest stars from the other series in the first epsiode (like Jack for SGA and SGU) to kick things off and establish the connection?

Also, what about people who were guest stars in one of the series? Could we have them as regulars in the "new series" like Rodney was in SGA after guest appearances in SG-1?

Comment

All new.
      Email me and join the local group of Stargate enthusiasts! (Email address in my profile.)
      What if... events occurred differently in Stargate? | Which version Stargate fan are you?

Comment

All New...
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Hm...
          Scott Bakula(lead role.)
          Ian McNeice(Primary villain.)
          Robert Schenkkan(The Lieutenant.)
          Terry O'Quinn(The Leader. MUST have more action that normal ones.)
          Michael Emerson(The Scientist.)
          Andrew Divoff(The Warrior sidekick.)

I chose three Lost actors because I think they were some of the best actors I ever saw. If Stargate can do a Farscape reunion, a Lost reunion wouldn't be a problem.

Fictional Director: Stanley Kubrick. If only
          Real Director: Whoever directed Farscape.

Setting: Roaming around the galaxies. This is a rogue team(similar to that NID one) which has the non-evil purpose of gathering all types of alien technology(yes, illegally) to create a spaceship capable of leaving the Milky Way for exploration. Sounds Star Trek-ish but the show focuses on the team gathering the tech.
          Last edited by rushy; 07 September 2012, 12:22 PM.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

For a Film:

Director: Either Christopher Nolan or Peter Jackson
            Writer(s): Either Christopher & Jonathan Nolan or Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh
            DOP: Either cinematographer that is usually attached to a Nolan or Jackson project
            Composer: James Newton-Howard, Howard Shore or Hans Zimmer

SG team leader: Sam Worthington
            Jackson's counterpart: Sharlto Coplay
            SG team soldier: Idris Elba
            SG team rookie: Ben Foster or Taylor Kitsch

Base Commander: Tom Sizemore

Villain: Tom Hiddleston (either Goa'uld or Lucian Alliance)

For a TV-series:

Writers: Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman
            Producer: JJ Abrams
            Composer: James Newton-Howard

SG team leader: Matthew Fox
            Jackson's counterpart: Patrick J. Adams
            SG team soldier: Michael Ealy
            SG team soldier: Scott Foley
            Possible fifth SG soldier: Max Martini

*I chose two actors who starred in The Unit as Delta operators, since I'd take a lot of the plot themes and cinematic cues from that show.

A few references I'd want them to make would be Ra and Abydos (even though they're both gone) from the 1994 film. The Asgard, The Alliance of Four Great Races, some of Earth's allies, Dakara, the Ori from SG-1. Atlantis, the Wraith, the Genii from Stargate: Atlantis. Destiny, it's crew, it's probable location from SGU.

Some of those references could just be in passing, like using one as a precedent for a current course of action. A few of the others, like Destiny and it's crew, could be a bit more interconnected into the plot of the present show, as well as the Wraith. For example, the new SG-teams goal could be both looking for a way to prevent another Wraith attack as well as finding a way to contact/supply Destiny or return it's crew home.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
              Scott Bakula(lead role.)
              Agreeable.. would he be taking Hammond's role?

Had to look all these up. Ian, though a fellow brit imo is too chubby as an actor as well as is too old for an evil guy. He might make for a good Dr lee replacement.
              Terry o'quinn would be better for the baddie roll.
              Schenkkan, ????
              Emerson is a good pic for daniel's roll.
              Andrew in a good role?? He would be better as the baddie.

SG team leader: Sam Worthington
              Jackson's counterpart: Sharlto Coplay
              SG team soldier: Idris Elba
              SG team rookie: Ben Foster or Taylor Kitsch
              Good choices.. Especialy Elba and kitsch.

SG team leader: Matthew Fox
              Jackson's counterpart: Patrick J. Adams
              SG team soldier: Michael Ealy
              SG team soldier: Scott Foley
              Possible fifth SG soldier: Max Martini
              Ohh... the Suit's guy for daniel.. interesting pic,
              Fox though a good presence imo does not have the chops for a leader.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Fox though a good presence imo does not have the chops for a leader.
                You think so? Every time I see a Lost rerun, especially the episodes where Jack's (albeit reluctant) leadership of the survivors comes into play, I can't help but imagine that he's commanding an SG team. Perhaps you're right though.

Additional choices for feature film:

SG-team leader: Jeremy Renner, Liev Schreiber or Leonardo DiCaprio (I know DiCaprio sounds horribly cliché, but he's put out some amazing films in the last 6-7 years at least, and pairing him with Nolan for Inception was a major success).
                Jackson's counterpart: Adrien Brody
                SG soldier: Marton Csokas

Villain: Rodrigo Santoro

Base Commander: Tom Hanks (I know, this may seem like an unusual pick for a science fiction story, but c'mon... Hanks is incredible).

Also contract Industrial Light & Magic for any space scenes, use Weta Workshop for "bigatures" and models and Weta Digital for any large scale terrestrial CGI (e.g. a land-based battle scene if needed).

I also think it'd be great to make use of New Zealand's landscape, which would be prudent if the Weta companies were contracted.

Additional choices for TV series:

Undetermined role: John Noble (I know he already played Meurik in "Camelot" but Richard Kind also played two different roles, among other actors and actresses of varying importance)
                Undetermined role: Anna Torv

Base Commander: Dennis Haysbert (He'd actually be my number one pick)

(a nod to Fringe with Noble and Torv—especially appropriate if Abrams were to produce)
                Last edited by Aesop; 08 September 2012, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Wow! Already some great (and interesting) responses. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Agreeable.. would he be taking Hammond's role?

Had to look all these up. Ian, though a fellow brit imo is too chubby as an actor as well as is too old for an evil guy. He might make for a good Dr lee replacement.
                    Terry o'quinn would be better for the baddie roll.
                    Schenkkan, ????
                    Emerson is a good pic for daniel's roll.
                    Andrew in a good role?? He would be better as the baddie.
                    No, Bakula is team leader.
                    McNeice made a brilliant Baron Harkonnen in the Dune miniseries, he makes a fantastic villain.
                    I know Terry always is a fun evil character, but I'd like to see him in a main, not recurring role. The General job fits(as I said before, he needs action too).
                    Schenkkan gets in for the line "We seek peaceful coexistence!!" in TNG: Conspiracy. It might be scripted yes, but his delivery made me laugh and he was pretty fun in his two eps.
                    Emerson makes a fun everybody(in Lost he actually played a teacher in Season 6, he'd make a good Daniel and he has chemistry with Terry)
                    Andrew can betray them later like Ford did.
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Hm...
                      Scott Bakula(lead role.)
                      That's a somewhat older cast than normal...

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                        That's a somewhat older cast than normal...
                        Have them return from retirement or sth.

Comment

Ok, how 'bout this?
                          Big Villain role: Sam Jackson.

Comment

Great suggestions!

Comment

Ok, how 'bout this?
                              Big Villain role: Sam Jackson.
                              For a moment there, I thought you meant Samantha Carter, married to Daniel Jackson, aka: Sam Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                              X