Stargate models and Blueprints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Kino update*

All that is left to do now is the outershell..

I plan to have it all finished and sent to Shapeways by this time tomorrow

And hopefully they won't find any problems that make it unprintable..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
      *Kino update*

All that is left to do now is the outershell..

I plan to have it all finished and sent to Shapeways by this time tomorrow

And hopefully they won't find any problems that make it unprintable..
      Nice job, yes the dreaded issues with the .stl mesh is always lurking bewhere!!!
      Try downloading the free trial of Bonzai 3D and running a mesh analysis to save some time it will also allow you to repair the issues.
      sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

The Kino is uploaded

And the automatic checks show it is printable Even with the overlapping meshes, which is something I was worried about..

But!! It's so expensive

I was going to order the outer shell in frosted detail and polish it until it goes clear.. but that's not going to happen now

I made the main sphere as thin as possible and I'm only ordering half the Kino.. but still.. expensive!!

Comment

The Kino has been ordered..

So now Shapeways will do a manual check of the model to make sure it's printable..

...And then email me to say it's not

*update*

I just got the email to say the Kino is on its way to the printer
          Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 20 January 2015, 06:46 AM.

Comment

The Kino has been ordered..

So now Shapeways will do a manual check of the model to make sure it's printable..

...And then email me to say it's not

*update*

I just got the email to say the Kino is on its way to the printer
            yahoo
            sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

I only had to upload it twice

..I made the mesh a bit thinner so it would be cheaper to print

Comment

I only had to upload it twice

..I made the mesh a bit thinner so it would be cheaper to print
                I will take one!

Comment

I don't have it yet.. The order page on Shapeways says it should be shipped on Monday.. Don't know how long it will take to get here but I'll be waiting by the letterbox

Comment

The Kino has been shipped

Comment

The kino looks amazing! If it's not too expensive I would buy one. I'm impressed by your talented replication of it as it looked like a really awkward thing to copy. I've wondered for a while how I could create one for myself as it's a work of art in itself.

I've also been after one of those little lamps they had dotted around on tables around Destiny, but not willing to pay what prop sellers ask for original props. I remember going to the liquidation sale at Bridge Studios and being disappointed to find there were only a load of other generic looking lamps and light fittings that were used in SG-1 and SGA over the years left in boxes. I really hoped the ones from SGU would have been in there as I thought no one would be really interested in a lamp! Of course they were more recognisable as props so were snapped up by prop buyers when they took all the stuff they could make money on well before it got to the liquidation sale.

Comment

It could still go horribly wrong

*link to latest render*

Comment

You've done such a great job so far, I have great faith in it turning out really well!

Comment

What I've done so far might be the easy bit ...I think the hardest part will be making the mould of the outer casing.. I've been thinking about how to do it.. it should be ok..

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                              The kino looks amazing! If it's not too expensive I would buy one. I'm impressed by your talented replication of it as it looked like a really awkward thing to copy. I've wondered for a while how I could create one for myself as it's a work of art in itself.

I've also been after one of those little lamps they had dotted around on tables around Destiny, but not willing to pay what prop sellers ask for original props. I remember going to the liquidation sale at Bridge Studios and being disappointed to find there were only a load of other generic looking lamps and light fittings that were used in SG-1 and SGA over the years left in boxes. I really hoped the ones from SGU would have been in there as I thought no one would be really interested in a lamp! Of course they were more recognisable as props so were snapped up by prop buyers when they took all the stuff they could make money on well before it got to the liquidation sale.
                              You were actually at the liquidation sale? Wow I wish I was there. what was there? Any "iconic" props, or did propworx take everything good? How much was everything? What did you get?

Comment

Still looking for blueprints or any information for building a SGA Daedalus model in a larger scale like 1/350 or up. If somebody has information's to share I really would appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X