This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
    Assuming it took years to build the SGC, how long did it take for the Stargate to become operational?
    This is information I found when I googled NORAD:

The Cheyenne Mountain complex traces its origins to 1956, when General Earle E. Partridge, commander of the Continental Air Defense Command, proposed construction of a new underground combat operations center to replace the outgrown and vulnerable above-ground facility at Ent Air Force Base, Colorado.

Excavation for the facility began in May 1961, and was completed three years later in May 1964. The NORAD Combat Operations Center became operational on February 6, 1966.

Comment

So it would have only taken 3 years to build the entire complex over 20 stories deep? Including the basement area to explode a nuclear bomb?!

Comment

So it would have only taken 3 years to build the entire complex over 20 stories deep? Including the basement area to explode a nuclear bomb?!
        The entire channel tunnel only took 6 years to build.

Comment

Uhh....what?
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I think he's referring to Singularity; Sam is doing an experiment with microscopic particles of naquadah and potassium in a lead-sealed room "in the sub-basement floor of the complex". Or he's confusing the SGC with the abandoned nuclear facility 20 minutes away from the SGC where they dumped Cassandra in the basement.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Yes, it's about Singularity and Cassandra.......

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                Or he's confusing the SGC with the abandoned nuclear facility 20 minutes away from the SGC where they dumped Cassandra in the basement.
                Bingo.

Comment

Working...
                X