This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest actor to guest star???

I've been trying to figure this out for a while, and i know it's really personal opinion, so i'm asking, who in your opinion is the biggest named actor to guest star on any of the stargate series?

in my opinion it's either Michael Ironside, Danny Trejo or Dean Stockwell (I wouldn't really have picked Stockwell, but he was nominated for an academy award )
    sigpic

Richard Kind. Fred Willard. Bill Nye. Neil deGrasse Tyson. Christopher McDonald.

Can't think of any off the top of my head. SGU has some good people currently and coming up.

Comment

Robert Patrick and Rhona Mitra are pretty big names too.

Comment

Robert Knepper, Dean Stockwell, Louis Gossett Jr., Lou Diamond Phillips, Bill Nye, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Shooter MacGavin!
        Spoilers for upcoming SGU episodes
        Spoiler:
        Jack "motherfrakking" Bristow!! (A.K.A. Victor Garber)
        sigpic

Comment

One of the Baldwins' - oh wait it was Adam Baldwin NOT Alec, Daniel, Billy or Stephen Baldwin.
          I thought Beau Bridges was pretty well known being Lloyd Bridges son.
          sigpic
          Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

James Earl Jones (voiced the Unas in Thor's Hammer) and Dom DeLuise.

Comment

Louis Gossett Jr. played Gerak season 9. He won an best supporting actor Oscar in 1983 for An Officer and a Gentleman. Can't think of any other Oscar winners who have guest starred on any Stargate.

As for non-actors-- i remember there was a military advisor to one of the presidents who guest stared in the early years of SG1.
              Last edited by Snookie16; 19 October 2010, 06:57 AM.
              All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Didn't "The General Ryan," the actual Chief of Staff of the Air Force star in an episode of SG-1 once? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_E._Ryan

Also, and this one is near and dear to my heart because he's from my hometown... the President from season 7 on is played by William Devane. I used to play quake with his nephew haha

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                  Didn't "The General Ryan," the actual Chief of Staff of the Air Force star in an episode of SG-1 once? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_E._Ryan

Also, and this one is near and dear to my heart because he's from my hometown... the President from season 7 on is played by William Devane. I used to play quake with his nephew haha
                  yes that is who I was thinking of! It was great to see the close connection between tptb of sg1 and the US military which really paid off in Continuum!
                  I also enjoyed William Devane as the president. Ronny Cox (Kinsey) was a well-known character actor as well. He had been in everything from Deliverance to Total Recall to Beverly Hills Cop to Star Trek :The Next Generation prior to SG1. Great actors and stargate have a looooong history.
                  All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I'd say Dean Stockwell, at least for genre fans. Followed by John de Lancie.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                      I'd say Dean Stockwell, at least for genre fans. Followed by John de Lancie.
                      Never even heard of de Lancie before Stargate. Dean Stockwell on the other hand i remember from Quantum Leap when i was little. Ziggy was awesome.

/i'm on SG-1 season 6 rewatch now too. might be the best season ever.

Comment

LDP and robert patrick dean stockwel
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                          Never even heard of de Lancie before Stargate. Dean Stockwell on the other hand i remember from Quantum Leap when i was little. Ziggy was awesome.

/i'm on SG-1 season 6 rewatch now too. might be the best season ever.
                          John deLancie played "Q" in Star Trek, among other things.

Another "name" is Isaac Hayes, who played a Jaffa leader in Reckoning and maybe a couple of episodes following that.

Comment

Dan Castellaneta? I think he's pretty cool.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories: FFdotNet
                            My Stories AO3
                            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Marina Sirtis in "Watergate".

Comment

Working...
                              X