Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the movie when it came out. Then, when I heard they're doing a series, I was sceptical first, but then I heard that RDA was part of it and so I thought "give it a try" and well, since then I'm in it

Comment

I saw Children of the Gods on Channel 4 (It was probably the first time it aired), and thought it was good, and sticked around to see what happened with Kawlasky... but being like... 11, I didn't keep watching

I started watching repeats on Sky (I remember seing The First Commandment...) and then the new episodes (The first new episode I remember is Into the Fire), then watched on and off for the 3rd season, and more on than off for the 4th. Then when I got the internet and found a certain download site, I became addicted for Season 5... I don't even remember when I found out about MS leaving, but it was before it would have effected by greatly

Comment

I've been watching since Children of the Gods...we actually got it in syndication in Australia very early, which was great. Too bad their scheduling has gone downhill since then. I mean splitting up a season midway for almost a year??? Blasphemy!

But I digress.

I missed the first 10 mins or so of CoTG but caught the rest. I loved it so much my brother brought the movie over and I loved that too. I've been watching it every since (though didn't participate online until last year).

Taking your fandom online makes you soooo much more obsessed! And it's the quickest way to talk yourself into buying all the DVDs....so much money. So much fun!

And I must say that watching the seasons in order, without huge breaks half-way (or quarter way. Or 3/4 way...grrr Channel 7) really does add to the experience. I mean you wait a year and you forget whether Apophis really died last time or not.

So all hail the DVD Gods.

Comment

I only found out recently I've actually been watching from the first season, or thereabouts.

The first ep that I remember was what we call "the mushroom men"
          which in actuality is the episode where the aeroplane thingie knocks down one of the mushroom plants and makes all the people on the planet sick.

I saw RDA and MS fighting. So the next ep that I saw, when they weren't fighting confused me a bit.

But, since then, I've definately become a sam/jack shipper. Possibly because of my unhealthy obsession with RDA and picturing myself as sam?

whatever the reason, I watched pretty regularly, but missed an ep every now and again. recently however a saharagate has helped me into the realm of obsessiveness, for which i will be eternally grateful!

Comment

Before I could start watching SG-1, I had to get over my naturally homophobic nature, and the subsequent dislike of the unusually feminine Teal'c. It took me a couple of years, but I started watching it regularly recently and now I love the show.

First episode I really loved was the one where they attempted to ally themselves with K'tana, the rebel leader. Talk about bullet-time. Wowzer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hostile
              Before I could start watching SG-1, I had to get over my naturally homophobic nature, and the subsequent dislike of the unusually feminine Teal'c. It took me a couple of years, but I started watching it regularly recently and now I love the show.

[B]Oh my god, that is toooooooo funny! I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything or my keyboard would be drenched![/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
                I only found out recently I've actually been watching from the first season, or thereabouts.

The first ep that I remember was what we call "the mushroom men"
                which in actuality is the episode where the aeroplane thingie knocks down one of the mushroom plants and makes all the people on the planet sick.
                The Mushroom Men (aka One False Step) is the greatest episode! So funny! Great way to start an SG1 obsession.

But, since then, I've definately become a sam/jack shipper. Possibly because of my unhealthy obsession with RDA and picturing myself as sam?

whatever the reason, I watched pretty regularly, but missed an ep every now and again. recently however a saharagate has helped me into the realm of obsessiveness, for which i will be eternally grateful!
                You are eternally welcome!

Girl, you gotto get over to the Sam/Jack shipper thread. Or the RDA/Jack Thunking thread (othewise known as the gutter).

You'll feel right at home
                :

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                  [B]Oh my god, that is toooooooo funny! I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything or my keyboard would be drenched![/B]

Indeed. Consider it payback for your absurdly funny sig quote.

Comment

About a year ago, I noticed that my dad kept watching Scifi endlessly, so one night I sat down and began to watch with him, wondering what could he possibly be so interested in?

And Behold...the marvel that is Stargate SG-1!

The first ep I ever saw completely was Cor-ai, which isn't a very nice way to began. The one that got me hooked was One False Step!

Comment

I was hooked from the movie. Thought it was one of the most interesting concepts I had ever seen in science fiction. When I found out they were going to make it into a series, I was thrilled. Watched it from COTG onward and was very impressed with how well they handled the transition. Became totally obsessed somewhere around the middle of Season 3 and the rest is history.
                      sigpic

Comment

I saw the movie in 1995 I believe when it came out on video in Scotland and loved it. I wrote a story based on an idea I got from Stargate.

Then I heard nothing more of it. Saw in the video store some of the SG-1 videos. I didnt rent them. The one sunday afternoon in 1999 my sister told me that the Stargate show was coming on to channel four. She suggests I watch it. However I wanted to go out and play basketball. It was a really nice day and for some reason I decided to go to the local court and see if anyone was there, but no one was. I shot about, but decided to leave as there was a lot of gang activity going about. Fireworks being set off druing the day is never a good thing.

So I head home and when I get there I find my sister is watching Stargate SG-1. I believe it had 10 minutes to go. Maybe less. All I can remember from my first viewing was the scens after SG-1 escape the prison. I watched the last 10 minutes of the Pilot and I was hooked! That says a lot.

I was going out on the Tuesday, which was when the next episode was airing so I recorded it. But I got hooked on SG-1 definitely in the last 10 minutes of the pilot.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
                        from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

I saw the movie when it came out on video which probabaly would have made me 11 or 12 at the time and I remember not being that impressed, I've since changed my opinion slightly!

I don't actually remember the first episode I saw...I definately missed the first showing of the beginning of S1 but my brother and dad both watched it and I turned out to be the addict. I think I caught on by the end of the series and then caught some of the eps I had missed in the repeats (ahhh...memories of school summer holidays) then I had to rely on videos to catch up the rest of epsodes. I was very happy and mildly shocked when I found the first season on video in my local £1 shop a couple of years ago!!
                          I am not disorganised, I have anti-systematic methodology disorder.

Comment

The entire season for only £1? You got to be kidding?

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
                            from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
                              The entire season for only £1? You got to be kidding?
                              Unfortunately no but each volume for £1, that makes a whole £11 for the season!
                              I am not disorganised, I have anti-systematic methodology disorder.

Comment

I first see the movie. When the show first aired on Sky One in the UK, I started watching thought high of the show and have watched ever since
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X