Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sabine Bauer also wrote some Stargate novels.

Comment

So... 5 months later, still complete silence it seems, no updates from Fandemonium, no new books?

Comment

Originally posted by DrMckay View Post
        So... 5 months later, still complete silence it seems, no updates from Fandemonium, no new books?
        Maybe the merger with Amazon stalled everything....I hope...

I think they are still selling the old books so hopefully that means they still have the license.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
          Maybe the merger with Amazon stalled everything....I hope...
          Amazon's take-over would have had little impact on the licensing of MGM's products, especially existing licenses. Those contracts continue until they're up and have to be renegotiated which is done by a branding company working for MGM.

MGM is still an existing entity within the Amazon group.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Darren already confirmed last year that he had contact with them, that they were still in business and still working on things.

Strange though. I know for them it's a side business, but up to 2019 there were releases every year, often multiple books per year, and now suddenly the last 3 years it has completely dropped off.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Amazon's take-over would have had little impact on the licensing of MGM's products, especially existing licenses. Those contracts continue until they're up and have to be renegotiated which is done by a branding company working for MGM.

MGM is still an existing entity within the Amazon group.
              Yeah, your probably right. Maybe approvals are behind? Hate to think they are done. Be nice to get a Stargate fix again.

Comment

Also wondering if maybe the authors of those books have moved on, since a lot of those books come from the hands of the same authors.

Since Stargate has been off our screens for so long, I'm wondering if there's still a lot of interest among authors to write books for the Stargate franchise.

Comment

Also wondering if maybe the authors of those books have moved on, since a lot of those books come from the hands of the same authors.
                  I saw a reddit post about someone recently contacting one of the authors via mail and another through twitter but neither got a response. It was about the Fandemonium lack of new stories so relevant but queries remain unanswered.

Comment

Yeah it's not looking good it seems.
                    Would guess if they were out of business the website would be gone too, but it's still online.

No idea what's going on.

I'm starting to have the same vibe as with the Stargate Network fan-made videogame recently: first complete radio silence for a year and then suddenly "yeah, we're done, MGM/Amazon doesn't want to play ball anymore".

Comment

I'm starting to have the same vibe as with the Stargate Network fan-made videogame recently: first complete radio silence for a year and then suddenly "yeah, we're done, MGM/Amazon doesn't want to play ball anymore".
                      Yeah but let's not forget that those guys were always walking a very fine line, and basically crossed it into copyright infringement. However, I think it was a mistake on MGM's part that they didn't want to give them a license when they did go and ask them for one, cause they did eventually apply for a license.

It must be said though, applying for a license as a fan network is probably what did them in in the first place. You need some serious investment money to play in the big leagues. The ROI is very important in such cases and MGM already got burned a few times.

I don't understand why MGM can't be more like Disney towards fan-groups (albeit Disney too has its flaws and shortcomings in that regard). MGM could have benefitted from for example the guys who build those lifesize gates (SG-1/SGA) in France (the Belgians did it too but ours was far less sofisticated than the Frenchies). I mean, ask about the Belgians in any group attending the Star Wars Celebrations... they're a bunch of fans who get the chance to build stuff for Disney and even get some support (okay, it does sometime involve an NDA and trust me, those can be steep -- at least I read it before I signed it).

Comment

Are any of the audiobooks (Shell Game, etc) available on Audible?

As an aside, Doctor Who books?
                        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I believe they're all available from Big Finish as digital downloads.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                            I believe they're all available from Big Finish as digital downloads.
                            And as it so happens they're having a sale of Stargate audiobooks at the moment. Offer ends August 7, 23:59 (UK time).

Comment

Thk yuboth!
                              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

And as it so happens they're having a sale of Stargate audiobooks at the moment. Offer ends August 7, 23:59 (UK time).
                                OH MY GOD thank you for sharing this. I've never caught a Big Finish sale I was hoping for, I always find out way after the fact.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Working...
                                X