Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting my 1st DVD set. Should i get season 1 or 7?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course if you haven't seen the series or don't know it well Season 1 is the way to go (though I declined to give my sister season 1 DVDs because of the number of dud episodes in it). But if you have seen the series and you are familiar with it, the later seasons are simply better DVDs.

btw, is anyone else glad they lost the bits of Hammond and Fraiser talking directly to the camera during the Secret Files of the SGC? I can't take the characters seriously when they are talking to *me*.
    Last edited by Major Fischer; 29 November 2004, 04:49 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
      btw, is anyone else glad they lost the bits of Hammond and Fraiser talking directly to the camera during the Secret Files of the SGC? I can't take the characters seriously when they are talking to *me*.
      Yeah, those clips were kinda cheesy. I do love the behind-the-scenes featurettes we've had since then, though (as well as the parts of those 'Secret Files' that didn't involve Hammond and Fraiser).
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

well i got them in the order 3,4,5,6,1,2, and im waiting for series 7 on region 2 but really if your gonna collect them all,just get them in the order thats easiest (that particular order was easiest for me ) and if there all equally easy to get,start from the beginning and work your way up.living in ireland makes it pretty tough for me to get the box sets;they are NEVER in any of the shops so i started ordering online and 3 and 4 happened to be on special offer at the time,and i had a limited amount of cash so i bought them then.other than that,i would probably have bought them from the beginning and worked up to series 7.
        or else,pick your fave series first,and then go back and go in order.that way,you have your fave series to watch while waiting for all the others
        meh

Comment

its good to look at the older classic eps of stargate and see how far the series has come so i would say start with season 1 and work ya way up from there.
          For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by drizzt86
            Season 7 definitly is a good choice if you love lots of action and special effects (like me) so i would aggree with your decision. It also has the most emotional episode ever (like Heros part 2) and Micheal Shanks does an awesome acting job in Lifeboat. And of course my favorite, Lost City the coolest most action packed episode in the Season!
            I worked my way from Season 1 onwards - Stargate's continuity is so fantastic, it's the only way to go; you won't appreciate it to it's best effect otherwise! Also, when you get to season 5, you'll see the absolute most emotional episode - Meridian; Heroes is emotional & a great episode, but I was a STATE after watching Meridian!
            Oy-Vey!!!

Comment

this is my DVD bying order so far

just to be different

can't wait 'till I get season six - It's brilliant (I do love Danny, but on the whole (with the exception of season 4) it's my fave!)
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Season 1.

Why? Because, we just saw S7. Season 1 is fuzzy and it was a great season. So, rediscover it!
                The Eye of Botox has been formally recognized by the System Lords! Beware my fire-y wrath!!

by Nikkirose

Comment

ok, uv all convinced me, Season 1 it now is.
                  Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky277
                    ok, uv all convinced me, Season 1 it now is.
                    Good decision. In order is the way to go with SG1. S1 also has the uncut version of COTG which will never be shown on Scifi.

Just send the adolescent boys in the household to bed prior to viewing or the disk might be missing next time you look .

Comment

Working...
                    X