Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else sick of the immortal aliens?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets not forget to take into account that we are actually approaching that point, I mean the average lifespan has increased dramatically, and its still increasing. We are not immortal, but I think long lifespans are part of evolution, at least I hope so.
    I don't see anything wrong with Aliens with long lifespans. The Ascended are immortal because they are pure energy, and if we could use cloning to prolong our lives, Im sure we would. As for the sarcophagus, well, sign me up when they invent that thing, I wouldn't mind living a few hundred years ( thousands, maybe not. A few hundred on this confounded planet and I might want to die, lol)
    Last edited by ASAKATA; 13 October 2008, 02:43 PM. Reason: i cant spell
    "I didnt see you in church last sunday, were you there?"
    "Yes, I was there."
    "Oi, I didn't see you, I was juss worry apout you"
    "Is dat your chob?! You sit and coun da beople in the churg and not in da churg"
    "No I was chus wondring"
    "Maybe if I win the Lotto Ill make heaps of money and puy you a life"

Comment

I don't mind the immortal aliens thing. It is getting boring, yes but if they weren't like that, what would they be like?
      http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Yes, aliens that live forever do get boring. So do reused plot lines *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          Yes, aliens that live forever do get boring. So do reused plot lines *cough*
          Lol, nicely done. And yet the ratings say otherwise...hmmmmmm
          "I didnt see you in church last sunday, were you there?"
          "Yes, I was there."
          "Oi, I didn't see you, I was juss worry apout you"
          "Is dat your chob?! You sit and coun da beople in the churg and not in da churg"
          "No I was chus wondring"
          "Maybe if I win the Lotto Ill make heaps of money and puy you a life"

Comment

It would be cool to see a race/enemy who's people don't live forever.
            What about the Nox, I know they live for a long time but I don't think they're immortal.
            Then there's the Ashen, Tollans both of those races could potentially still be around and they don't live forever

I'm not really bored of it, but it would be good in my opinion to see a race that's more advanced than the Ancients (which is possible with Stargate Universe), who haven't ascended, but could become either an enemy or an ally.
            Perhaps two separate highly advanced races (on a similar level to the Alliance of Great Races) that have been fighting an intergalactic war and we get caught in the cross fire.
            Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 13 October 2008, 06:17 PM. Reason: Additional comments added.

Comment

I kind of like the immortal aliens thing. I actually never really noticed it. I'd like to live a few hundred years, but after that I'd get sick of this puny planet and ascend.

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii View Post
                And the Tau'ri were responsible for the Replicators coming to the Milky Way
                Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                And the Replicators were outdone by the Tau'ri.
                @ both these posts: So? This still doesn't mean the Tau'ri defeated the Goa'uld. The Tau'ri didnt lure the Replicators here on purpose, hell it wasn;t even really them that brought them here in the first place, it was the knowledge of the MW found in Thor's ship.

Originally posted by flameling View Post
                But they did destroy a good amount of system lords before and after the goa'uld's fall from power.
                But they weren't responsible for fall of the Goa'uld.
                Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                  This still doesn't mean the Tau'ri defeated the Goa'uld. The Tau'ri didnt lure the Replicators here on purpose, hell it wasn;t even really them that brought them here in the first place, it was the knowledge of the MW found in Thor's ship.
                  You can't forget that they were originally from Reese's planet, which was in the Milky Way.

And who defeated the Goauld is irrelevant to this topic. Is it or is it not a good idea to have aliens (All other races) that live 100x to 100000x longer than us?
                  sigpic

Comment

no not really. Never really notice this before reading this thread.

But may be something that could change for SGU.

Comment

The Jaridians on earth final conflict only lived 20 yrs before bursting into flames. Some genetic over metabolism thing or something.

Comment

i guess it is pretty awesome when you can liver forever??

not really !!!
                        sigpic
                        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

It is very old. For me, this breaks the show and ruins all the enjoyment for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X