This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
    Well, that would be subjective. Jack didn't work for me until watching through SG-1 the second time—he felt too cliched and scripted at first.
    True - for example, there seem to be quite a few people here who don't feel like Mitchell and Sheppard are the asme character, While I, on the other hand, felt I was readnig a Heinlein book when watching that particular scene in Pegasus Project...

You may as well at least give it a try. I know it may seem like a long shot to you (it did to me when the character details were unveiled), but it could end up worth it. I'm sure there were a lot of people who expected to despise Atlantis, who ended up loving it.
    Oh, I've talked about it so many times already.... The truth is, I expected to love Atlantis, and ended up being partial about it at best, expected to love season 10 and AoT and Continuum and came out disappointed every time... so I think I'll give Universe a pass. Those character details aren't helping, of course, but I was already "there" anyway...
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Frank Simmons View Post
      I hope they don't write the lead of Universe the same way.
      *pat pat* It's okay, Frank, you'll get over this irrational desire for originality soon enough... or be branded a heretic and run out of fandom.

Considering that the description for the lead guy in SGU blatantly says something to the effect of "a young Jack O'Neill" I sincerely doubt we'll be able to escape having another carbon copy leader.

TPTB only know how to write so many characters, you know, that's why they keep cropping up again and again. Same with the plot lines. And according to Common Wisdom, this is only to be expected. After all, there's no such thing as a TRULY original plot or character so there's bound to be some repetition. Especially since the poor ickle writers have been at this for over a decade. Do you seriously expect them to write NEW stuff all the time??

Sorry, my sarcasm is showing again...

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Frank Simmons View Post
        Frankly I'm getting sick of the producers and writers writing the team leaders of the show (Col. Mitchell and Col. Shepherd) with the same personality and sense of humour the same as Jack, it makes the characters unoriginal and annoys me. Does anyone else feel this way? I hope they don't write the lead of Universe the same way.
        Mitchell and Sheppard same personality and sense of humour? What show are you watching?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          Mitchell and Sheppard same personality and sense of humour? What show are you watching?
          Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis, in that order
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            I agree. Sheppard has East Coast humor, Jack has Midwest humor, Cam has Southern humor. And that's just one dimension.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              *pat pat* It's okay, Frank, you'll get over this irrational desire for originality soon enough... or be branded a heretic and run out of fandom.

Considering that the description for the lead guy in SGU blatantly says something to the effect of "a young Jack O'Neill" I sincerely doubt we'll be able to escape having another carbon copy leader.

TPTB only know how to write so many characters, you know, that's why they keep cropping up again and again. Same with the plot lines. And according to Common Wisdom, this is only to be expected. After all, there's no such thing as a TRULY original plot or character so there's bound to be some repetition. Especially since the poor ickle writers have been at this for over a decade. Do you seriously expect them to write NEW stuff all the time??

Sorry, my sarcasm is showing again...
              Much as I love Jack, I understand and agree with your sentiment. I blame the taste of the general public consumer. They outnumber us internet fans by such a huuuge margin.

Comment

Working...
              X