This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Starship

This is an idea that struck me: Why don't we permanently assign a Daedalus class ship to the Atlantis expedition, controlled by the expedition leadership and having an international crew just like the expedition.

1) No need to have the Daedalus and Apollo running all about. The new ship can be there to serve Atlantis's needs anytime.
    2) It will go a long way to appease the international community. I'm sure there are nations very uncomfortable US is the only nation to control weapons capable spaceship, and not 1 but 3.

Comments?
    Lt.Col. pilot_f302
    Comd(Ftr Wg), Phoenix

Great idea! But we'd need to roll some more 304's off the line and send at least 1+ to PG, and keep another 1+ here in MW.

It would shut the IOA up for a while, though

Comment

I don't think the IOA cares much, since the Daedalus is pretty much assigned to Atlantis as it is, and doesn't need a billion scientists. It's a warship, and should be staffed by military personnel.

The only people with guns on Atlantis are offworld teams and soldiers. Some of them are USAF, but we've seen guards with other flags, likely from those countries militaries as well, not civvys.

Comment

the 304's are only produced by the US russia was GIVEN 1, but they havnt chosen to build there own (as said in an early episode why waste the money when they can just let the US do it)

and why would the US risk the plans falling into the wrong hands by having a multinational crew on its most top secret craft as more then a temporary guest?

Comment

Originally posted by ph30nix View Post
          the 304's are only produced by the US russia was GIVEN 1, but they havnt chosen to build there own (as said in an early episode why waste the money when they can just let the US do it)
          actually what Colonel Chekov said was that while the US spends millions if not billions of dollars creating the 303(at the time) Russia would stand back and when US finally built it they would give the plans to russia and they would only need to spend a fraction to build it.

Edit: Hmmm that is what he said but i think i am wrong on how they got it.

The Korolev was given Russian control after President Henry Hayes decided it was the only way to keep the Stargate in the hands of the United States government.
          from the Omnipedia
          where are you going?
          I am leaving you are about to explode.
          AHHHHHHHHHHH
          Kaboom!

Comment

Originally posted by Lycan View Post
            actually what Colonel Chekov said was that while the US spends millions if not billions of dollars creating the 303(at the time) Russia would stand back and when US finally built it they would give the plans to russia and they would only need to spend a fraction to build it.

Edit: Hmmm that is what he said but i think i am wrong on how they got it.

from the Omnipedia
            yep which is why i said russia is the only other country to have plans for the
            302 303 and 304 well i implied that anyways.

Comment

Why go through all the trouble? The last time we gave a 304 to someone else it got destroyed on its maiden voyage. Besides I like Caldwell too much. We need to keep him and the Daedalus around.

Comment

In the Last man a 304 is assigned permanently to Atlantis. This may have something to do with the war though. It was after the Phoenix was destroyed.

I tink a ship would be a good idea but it could make Atlantis seem like DS9. I did like the Daedalus episodes of season 2. How many episodes will Caldwell be in season 5/

Comment

The 304 assigned to Atlantis WAS the Phoenix.

Comment

Also, with the US paying for and staffing the current Daedalus class ships, it is really only out of our own discretion that the IOA can use them as their ferries and supply ships. The IOA may have the funding pull over the SGC operations, but the Daedalus ships are all USAF-controlled.
                    sigpic

Comment

Actually, all nations signatory to the Gate Alliance Treaty have access to the plans of the 302, 303 and 304. It is just that the US is the only one building it, so it is not a secret.... at least not classified at a national level.

The premise of an multinational vessel is the same as a multinational Atlantis expedition. After all, space does not belong to the USA. And it would not be a purely science ship... it will be fully combat capable with the crew coming from the different nations' armed services.

PS: Perhaps we can revive Col. Chekov to command this ship. J/K.
                      Lt.Col. pilot_f302
                      Comd(Ftr Wg), Phoenix

Comment

Working...
                      X