This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Mayborune View Post
    I've been rewatching Stargate recently and have come to the point where I'll be switching between SG-1 and Atlantis, so naturally I came to this thread to get a good viewing order. However, on all the lists I see in this thread, you have us watching all three parts of The Siege before watching Avalon parts 1, 2, and Origins. Given that the Daedalus doesn't leave to Atlantis until during Avalon part 1 it would seem to me you'd watch the first three episodes of season 9 before watching all three parts of The Siege. Does anyone have a list of rewatching the episodes in as proper a timeline as possible?
    I originally had trouble placing Avalon because of that but I have since concluded that the trip Daedalus make to Atlantis in Avalon is not the first trip to Atlantis that Daedalus makes in The Siege.
    I place Moebius after Letters From Pegasus as in Moebius they are calling the time ship a puddle jumper, a term that was coined on Atlantis and therefore no one on earth should be familiar with the term unless after the message from Atlantis was sent (it was not called a puddle jumper in It's Good To Be King).
    When the Reinforcements arrive in Siege Part 2, it is said that a ZPM was just found and Daedalus is on its way and arrives in Siege Part 3.
    There seems to be a lot of time (weeks-ish) between Moebius and Avalon as demonstrated by all the personnel changes at SGC, if that were when Daedalus first left, Atlantis would have been destroyed / taken over by the wraith. I suspect the trip to Atlantis mentioned in Avalon might be the same trip back to Atlantis mentioned in The Intruder.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
    Originally posted by Jonzey
    Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

"Avalon, Part 1" is set weeks to months after "Moebius, Part 2." The trip to Atlantis is not the first, hence the episode takes place after "The Siege, Part 3."

My advice... Just alternate seasons. It'll be more enjoyable that way.

Stargate (movie)
      SG-1 (Seasons 1-7)
      SG-1 (Season 8) / Atlantis (Season 1)
      SG-1 (Season 9) / Atlantis (Season 2)
      SG-1 (Season 10) / Atlantis (Season 3)
      The Ark of Truth
      Atlantis (Season 4)
      Atlantis (Season 5) / Continuum (takes place soon after SGA's 5th season premiere)
      Universe (Seasons 1&2)

There ya go.

Comment

Originally posted by jebus View Post
        I suspect the trip to Atlantis mentioned in Avalon might be the same trip back to Atlantis mentioned in The Intruder.
        That's actually a very good point. I hadn't thought of that before. Considering that, I think that it makes more sense for that to be the trip to Atlantis rather than the first trip to give them the ZPM and bail them out of their attack. Afterall, I doubt they would have let Jackson leave to Atlantis, as he was planning on doing during Avalon part 1, while it was currently under siege.

My advice... Just alternate seasons. It'll be more enjoyable that way.
        Na, I rather do the mix up. It's nice getting to switch off between the two different settings and groups, rather than just all SG-1, SG-1, SG-1, then Atlantis, Atlantis, Atlantis. Mix things up a little.

Comment

Originally posted by King Mayborune View Post
          Na, I rather do the mix up. It's nice getting to switch off between the two different settings and groups, rather than just all SG-1, SG-1, SG-1, then Atlantis, Atlantis, Atlantis. Mix things up a little.
          Stargate (movie)
          SG-1 (Season 1 - 22 Episodes)
          SG-1 (Season 2 - 22 Episodes)
          SG-1 (Season 3 - 22 Episodes)
          SG-1 (Season 4 - 22 Episodes)
          SG-1 (Season 5 - 22 Episodes)
          SG-1 (Season 6 - 22 Episodes)
          SG-1 (Season 7 - 22 Episodes)
          SG-1 (Season 8 - 20 Episodes) / Atlantis (Season 1 - 20 Episodes)
          SG-1 (Season 9 - 20 Episodes) / Atlantis (Season 2 - 20 Episodes)
          SG-1 (Season 10 - 20 Episodes) / Atlantis (Season 3 - 20 Episodes)
          The Ark of Truth (SG-1 movie)
          Atlantis (Season 4 - 20 Episodes)
          Atlantis (Season 5 - 20 Episodes) / Continuum (SG-1 movie, after 5-1 "Search and Rescue")
          Universe (Season 1 - 20 Episodes)
          Universe (Season 2 - 20 Episodes)

You can alternate episodes, but why? Do you get bored with one show or the other that easily? My first time through Stargate had me watching a whole season of SG-1 before diving into the current season of Atlantis afterwards. A lot of people treat the franchise as one, big TV show. For me, it's very clearly three very separate shows in one, fictional world. I like alternating seasons, because you don't have to obsess over episode order. You just watch one season of SG-1, then dive into a season of Atlantis. Easy!

Comment

Much more fun to alternate shows and episodes in my opinion, gives a nice big sense of continuity to the whole thing. Plus, it just makes more sense from a story point of view. It's definitely the way I'm approaching the rewatch once we reach SG-1 season 8.
            Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

It just seems like a lot of effort to rotate every episode or two. Don't you like to just watch five or more episodes of a show before rotating? Take my mom and I for example, we're watching Star Trek (DS9 & VOY) and Stargate (SG-1 & ATL). We usually watch between one and five episodes of a show before switching over to another show, and we rotate between the shows at random. My mom wants to stretch out the shows so they last longer (hence rotating), and she doesn't care about the timeline. It's entertainment, not a history lesson. Right now, we finished DS9's second season and are two thirds through VOY's third season (set during DS9's fifth season). As for Stargate, we've just started SG-1's fourth season while we're half way through SGA's third season. She doesn't have any trouble keeping up with what's going on. I've explained to her that Atlantis takes place during the final seasons of SG-1, and that's all she really needed to figure out why the two shows don't match up.

Comment

Effort? No. Unless you consider swapping a disc over too much to handle! And the timeline matters to me for the very reason you mentioned; it's more entertaining to do it all in order. I'm a stickler for chronology when it comes to TV shows, books, computer games, etc. I get all anxious even if my DVDs aren't arranged alphabetically/chronologically on my shelves!
                Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

I guess for me, it's not that big of a bother. Take my SG DVD's for example. I keep the three movies with all of my other movies under S (Stargate, Ark of Truth, Continuum). Under the TV section, Stargate falls under S (all of SG-1, then all of Atlantis). Now, I'll like to see the movie through all of SG-1 all the way up to Continuum in proper order. I'll want to see all of Atlantis from premiere to finale in proper order as well. However, given that SGA is a spinoff and not a sequel, I really don't care about matching up the timeline.

I understand where you stand, but for me, the timeline's not that important. Within a series, yes, but within the whole franchise... no.

Comment

star gate the movie. then SG-1 season 1-8. Start swiching back and forth between sg-1 and atlantis on an eposodly basis starting at seoson 8. continue whaching atlantis after sg-1 ends. watch continuem at the end of sg-a season 4. i don't know about the other movie, but prob at the end of atlantis because iirc that is why the odessey couldnt help agains the wraith. the sg-u if you want.

Comment

First, this has already been thoroughly covered in the previous nine pages of this thread. Second, you're timeline is inaccurate. I'm going to post this again so your post doesn't confuse people.

Stargate
                      SG-1 (Seasons 1-7)
                      The Ark of Truth
                      Atlantis (Season 4)
                      Atlantis (Season 5) / Continuum
                      Universe (Seasons 1&2)

Atlantis began right after SG-1's Season 8 two-part premiere. You can alternate episodes, but that's not really necessary. You can alternate seasons or simply finish SG-1 first. There are character and technology crossovers, but there really aren't any stories that start on one show and finish on the other. The Ark of Truth takes place after SG-1 ended and at the end of Atlantis's third season. You want to watch it before the Season 3 finale, because that leads into the fourth season where an SG-1 character crosses over full time. Continuum was intended to take place after the first SG-1 movie, but the Atlantis fifth season premiere sets it just after the episode. It's only one, brief scene towards the end of the episode that references the movie. SGU premiered several months after Atlantis ended.

Comment

I'll make it as simple as possible.
                        Stargate Movie
                        SG-1 Seasons 1-8(watch the first two episodes of Season 8)
                        Atlantis Seasons 1-5/SG-1 Seasons 9-10, Ark of Truth.
                        Atlantis Season 5/Continuum.
                        Universe Season 1-2.
                        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Didn't I just cover this?

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                          Atlantis Seasons 1-5/SG-1 Seasons 9-10, Ark of Truth.
                          It's more like...
                          The Ark of Truth
                          Atlantis (Seasons 4&5)

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                          Atlantis Season 5/Continuum.
                          The movie takes place at the start of the fifth season.

Comment

Originally posted by jebus View Post
                            I decided to come up with another alternative viewing order for seasons 8-10 of SG-1 with 1-3 of Atlantis. This order is designed to keep continuity (Moebius will always be after Letters From Pegasus and Before Siege 2) and to minimize unnecessarily changing discs when watched from the DVDs, so a switching discs when the disc is not over will only happen when continuity mandates it
                            WOW, what a great effort, thanks for the blue ray option. I think I will try this viewing order.
                            sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

This may sound like a shock, but would it be the end of the world to watch the shows separately? One of my friends is doing this. He watched all of SG-1 and the two movies before seeing the first episode of Atlantis.

Stargate
                              SG-1 (all 10 seasons)
                              The Ark of Truth / Continuum
                              Atlantis (all 5 seasons)
                              Universe (both seasons)

Why not?

Comment

That's what I did. But I knew I would be rewatching.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X