This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate and life's lessons...

Name the top three lessons you have learned over the last 7+ years of Stargate?

I'll start...

1. When you're backed into a corner or being chased by bad... people, I want Jack O'Neill watching my six...

2. Don't, under ANY circumstances... eat yellow... square things... especially the one's that are given to you by little grey guys...

3. When all else fails... blow it up!...

Wow. We really have learned a lot, haven't we?

Comment

stay in school or you will end up like jack

Comment

I learned that not all TV suck, does that count?
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

There may be life on other planets.

Comment

If you see someone with glowing eyes and a snake in their head claiming to be a god, kill them in any way possible. But just wait for awhile until a new more powerful one shows up.
            Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
            RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Under NO circomstances stand in the way of an alien artifact being powered up for the first time in a couple thousand years, no matter HOW empty the center appears to be...
              [email protected]
              http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
              One nation under dog
              There of which I stand alone
              A face in the crowd
              Unsung, against the mold
              Without a doubt
              Singled out
              The only way I know

Comment

When you're patient is suffering from some bizarre alien illness/wound, pumping them five times the lethal dose of drug x will always work!

Comment

< silly mode on >

Best not to touch mirrors of any kind, unless you want to find yourself in some wacky upside down universe where nothing makes any sense whatsoever and impending doom is likely to strike at any minute.

If you're suddenly invisible with the neat ability to walk through walls, do not fret, you are not a ghost. You've simply been exposed to the rays of a very pretty crystal skull. Next time you stumble across one, do not - I repeat not - look directly into its eyes. Just walk away. Plenty of other harmless skulls laying around, I'm sure.

< silly mode off >
                  Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
                    Under NO circomstances stand in the way of an alien artifact being powered up for the first time in a couple thousand years, no matter HOW empty the center appears to be...

And if you do, under NO circumstances touch the blue, watery like substance.

Under NO circumstances trust anything Noridic with a red stone set into it.

Heros always have unlimited amount of ammo, unless they are wounded and hiding from the enemy.

My Own Little World

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
                    101 Ways to Annoy, Harass, Confuse or Generally Scare Lord Voldemort
                    "Be nice to nerds;
                    one day, you'll end up working for one."
                    -Evil Overlord Bill Gates
                    Ba'al: I'll never let go, Jack, I'll never let go!
                    Jack: *choke* That's my throat, Ba'al.....

Comment

My top three lessons?

1.) The difference between a thing that might go wrong and a Thing That Cannot Possibly Go Wrong? When a Thing That Cannot Possibly Go Wrong goes wrong, it turns out to be almost impossible to get at or repair.*

2.) If someones yells "DUCK!" - do so. Ask questions later.

3.) If the enemy is in range, SO ARE YOU.

*courtesy of Mr. Douglas Adams

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                      it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                      It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                      And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Thanks to this show my "Conspiracy Theory" paranoia about governments and aliens being in collaboration is alive and well.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

If you do tech support for a very large printer firm, and you take a call from the Dept. of the Air Force, and the printer is located at the Cheyenne Mountain Complex and the sergeant says that the printer is "mission critical," send a technician or you may not live to regret it.

BTW...This really happened to me. But the guy just went "huh?" when I tried to ask him about Stargate. Coverup?...naaaaah.
                          Sam & Jack 'Ship...

Comment

I've learned that no matter how many of my boyfriends drop dead, one day, there will someone who will live long enough for me to love.
                            Last edited by Sela; 15 October 2004, 06:37 PM.
                            "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                            it has it's own laws and beats about things
                            which the intellect scorns."
                            - Mark Twain -

Comment

Don't stand directly in front of a large ring after someone dials a large pedistal with symbols in it.

"We come in peace" doesn't always work.

A really smart archeologist can decifer any language if you give him about 15 minutes and a few commercial breaks.
                              Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Working...
                              X