This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Sam ever...

Did Sam ever learn to use the various go'auld hand devices? I remember she used one to kill Seth, and the last time i ever saw her use them was when she attempted to save Daniel in Meridian, but i don't remember her ever being fully successful at any other point.
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
    Did Sam ever learn to use the various go'auld hand devices? I remember she used one to kill Seth, and the last time i ever saw her use them was when she attempted to save Daniel in Meridian, but i don't remember her ever being fully successful at any other point.
    I think that was the last time. I don't think she ever did anything with it after that, to my recollection.

I've always thought that TPTB must not have liked the Jolinar storyline for Sam, because it really started getting downplayed after Martouf was killed off, and eventually seemed to vanish altogether. Which I personally thought was a shame. I always enjoyed that storyline for Sam, and her exploration of the abilities she got from it.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

I remember that she had a basic control over them and that she used the healing device to successfully heal Cronus in the episode "Fair Game" (3x03). And that she has used them many other times though not her ability has always been eratic.
      LLAP

Comment

I'm surprised whatever shadowy government wing of the week didn't look into using that tech more, just one field operative with a personal shield thanks to the hand device would be a huge deal, I'd have thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          I think that was the last time. I don't think she ever did anything with it after that, to my recollection.

I've always thought that TPTB must not have liked the Jolinar storyline for Sam, because it really started getting downplayed after Martouf was killed off, and eventually seemed to vanish altogether. Which I personally thought was a shame. I always enjoyed that storyline for Sam, and her exploration of the abilities she got from it.
          My thoughts to, also after the goa'uld were defeated perhaps they wanted to leave it in the past
          Best quotes ever:
          O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
          Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
          Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
          Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
          Thor:I like the yellow ones
          O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquarian View Post
            I remember that she had a basic control over them and that she used the healing device to successfully heal Cronus in the episode "Fair Game" (3x03). And that she has used them many other times though not her ability has always been eratic.
            Now that you mention that, yes i do remember that

and, i agree with uncle tobias, wouldn't the IOA try to do more research on sam's abilities?
            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
            sigpic

Comment

Well I'm sure they didn't want to have Sam save the day with the hand device all the time. Just like they made it so that the sarcophagus had bad effects on the user. (which I actually think made sense in explaining some of the goa'uld's evil.) I do wish that we had had more fallout from the Jolinar experience though.
              In Seth, we sure got the idea that Sam was uncomfortable with having used the hand device.

Comment

Yeah, they could have done something with Jolinar. Plus, there could have been some interesting moments between her and Vala that weren't about shopping.

I got the picture that the hand device grossed her out too much and made her uncomfy.
                sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

I think the reason they got rid of the ribbon device was it made the Goa'uld to powerful think about it, even the replicators couldn't get through the shield and if sam had one the wraith would be toast
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

it is like sam and jolinar was a cool thing for sam...but after season 3, it just kinda faded away. there was the daniel bit in meridian, but nothing past that.

jolinar did play a part in desperate measures and that storyline, but they just kinda dropped it

fans have done a lot more in fic than tptb ever did
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I too was disappointed they dropped this particular arc. My personal explanation for why this was so was because of Meridian...that Sam was so torn up at having made Daniel's condition worse that she felt that this particular Pandora's box should remain closed and not tempt fate anymore.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I always wondered why they dropped it, it was a shame that they did because i really liked that storyline....i was surprised that it didn't even get a mention in later seasons...
                        I always thought that Sam might talk about the experience to Vala, since she was taken over by Qetesh
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
                          I too was disappointed they dropped this particular arc. My personal explanation for why this was so was because of Meridian...that Sam was so torn up at having made Daniel's condition worse that she felt that this particular Pandora's box should remain closed and not tempt fate anymore.
                          That's kind of been my thinking too, as the fanon interpretation. Also I've kind of thought that maybe when Sam started getting closer to Jack (which did start about the same time they started downplaying this storyline), she may have subconsciously tried to distance herself from that, since Jack hated the "snakes" so much.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X