This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who do you think is smarter ?

EDIT: OOPS! I MISSED THE "R" IN SMARTER! guess i'm not going to win huh?

who do you think is smarter out of these stargate characters
    Scientists:
    Sam
    McKay
    Lee
    Felger
    Zelenka
    Medical Doctors:
    Frasier
    Becket
    lam
    Keller
    Other:
    daniel
    jonas
    weir
    Last edited by tombombadil; 21 January 2008, 10:28 AM.
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
    who do you think is smarter out of these stargate charcters
    Scientists:
    Sam
    McKay
    Lee
    Felger
    Zelenka
    Medical Doctors:
    Frasier
    Becket
    lam
    Keller
    Other:
    daniel
    jonas
    weir
    Scientists...... Carter was right on several occasions where Rodney did not agree. More so than Rodney was right when she disagreed.

Medical.. Becket..... Frazier was a great doctor.. but was she smart enough to develop a retrovirus for the Wraith.

Other..Jonas...... He absorbed all Daniels knowledge in a matter or weeks? months?
    BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Whoever knows that SMARTER is spelled with an R.

Comment

Scientists.......I'd say McKay has the highest IQ but carter has more common sense and better instincts so i supose it depends on your definition of smart. I tend to go either way.

Medical............Hard to say. I could say keller based purely on what we found out in quarentine but if i base it by episodes then i'll go with Frasier. She was the longest serving doctor. She had the most experience.

As for the others...........I'd say Jonas......He just had a higher capacity for learning then daniel. Given another couple of years i'm sure jonas would have far surpassed him. But at the same time daniel has the repressed knowledge of the ancients so you never know.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Ooohh this is a tough one.

Rodney and Carter both have this insane ability to come up with solutions to life-threatening problems. The thing with these two is that we really haven't seen so much of Rodney in comparison to the ten seasons we've seen Sam take on stupid problems. I'd say this is a tie really. Let's just say that the two of them probably can outsmart every Wraith, Goa'uld, Replicator and so on in the universe.

I agree with Bytor, someone that almost singlehandedly can "invent" a retrovirus to use against The Wraith has to be immensely smart and resourceful.

Without any doubt at all i say Jonas, just the fact that he "replaced" Daniel in like a month is proof enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            Scientists.......I'd say McKay has the highest IQ but carter has more common sense and better instincts so i supose it depends on your definition of smart. I tend to go either way.

Medical............Hard to say. I could say keller based purely on what we found out in quarentine but if i base it by episodes then i'll go with Frasier. She was the longest serving doctor. She had the most experience.

As for the others...........I'd say Jonas......He just had a higher capacity for learning then daniel. Given another couple of years i'm sure jonas would have far surpassed him. But at the same time daniel has the repressed knowledge of the ancients so you never know.
            I agree

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
              Scientists: Carter
              Doctors: don't know
              Others: Daniel. Do not confuse Jonas' ability to learn with knowledge. Daniel had what Jonas didn't enlightenment.

believe it or not, knowledge is not intelligence.

Comment

1. Sam/Rodney (Just depends on the title of the show )
                2. Keller
                3. Daniel
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                  Yes, but how many people know it has two?

Comment

Interesting question:

Scientist:
                    It is a toss up between Carter and Rodney. I think P-90-177 summed it up very well ....

Scientists.......I'd say McKay has the highest IQ but carter has more common sense and better instincts so i supose it depends on your definition of smart. I tend to go either way
                    So to that I will say ditto.

Doctor:
                    I think I will say Frazier. Beckett is brilliant too but I think the things I see him brilliant in don’t really have to do with Beckett the doctor but more with Beckett the scientist/researcher. All that work he did on the retrovirus, vaccines, etc. is really more scientific in nature (I think) than medical.

Other:
                    Tough call. I think I will abstain from this one as each choice has their own strengths and weaknesses

Comment

Oma.

She was ascended!
                      [/end_thread]

Go Green

Comment

I'm sure that sam is smarter than everyone else. she has done greater deeds than all the others . mckay only looked beter couse it was his show.
                        also becket is the beter doctor . And Ithink the reasons are clear
                        And last but not least : OFCOURSE THAT DANIEL IS SMARTER. MAYBE JONAS HAD AN AMAZING TALENT TO LEARN STUFF BUT ABILLITY AND INTELIGENCE ARE NOT THE SAME DANIEL HAS DONE BETER THAN THE OTHERS WHOLE THE TIME

Comment

Scientists:
                          Zelenka

Medical Doctors:
                          Beckett

Other:
                          Daniel

sigpic
                          Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Scientists: Sam

Medical Doctors: Fraiser

Other: Daniel
                            sigpic
                            Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Scientists: Sam

Medical doctors: Beckett

Other: Jonas (that man could absorb knowledge ridiculously fast!)
                              "Great... Last time I came face to face with myself, I ended up kicking my own ass..."

- John Sheppard

Comment

Working...
                              X