This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinking the City

I don't know if this question has ever been answered, but does anyone know why the wraith all of a sudden left Atlantis alone when the ancients evacuated it. They had to stop attacking almost right away, because in the ep. where the past elizebeth comes to the future, we see a flash back where janus said the each ZPM would only last 3.3 thousand years each, so that means the on 9.9 thousand years could go by. So the wraith must have stopped right away or the shield wouldn't have lasted. And we know that the wraith knew where Atlantis was because they destroyed the transport ship that was headed to the planet. Does anyone have the answer?

Originally posted by Academy3 View Post
    I don't know if this question has ever been answered, but does anyone know why the wraith all of a sudden left Atlantis alone when the ancients evacuated it. They had to stop attacking almost right away, because in the ep. where the past elizebeth comes to the future, we see a flash back where janus said the each ZPM would only last 3.3 thousand years each, so that means the on 9.9 thousand years could go by. So the wraith must have stopped right away or the shield wouldn't have lasted. And we know that the wraith knew where Atlantis was because they destroyed the transport ship that was headed to the planet. Does anyone have the answer?
    they must have realised that after a while nothing was hapening no ships no battles and they probabily could detect the city being powered down
    sigpic
    Sig For Me!

Comment

It was sunk, they couldn't really keep attacking it, it would be futile. They might have thought they destroyed it since there were no detectable life forms and no ships had turned up. Also they probably detected the city had powered down or even they couldn't detect it at all.
      Best quotes ever:
      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
      Thor:I like the yellow ones
      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

magnets ofc
        sigpic
        EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
        -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
          magnets ofc
          LoL
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
            It was sunk, they couldn't really keep attacking it, it would be futile. They might have thought they destroyed it since there were no detectable life forms and no ships had turned up. Also they probably detected the city had powered down or even they couldn't detect it at all.
            That's true
            sigpic
            Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by maylet View Post
              That's true

The truth is we dont know.
              The ancients could have faked the city's departure or destruction.

I feel the most likely is that it was apparent that the ancients were evacuating it. Watched it sink below the surface and rather than investigate an inert city they chased the fleeing ancients. Technology was never there aim but food was.

Comment

IMO it's becuase they didn't know about Earth. They didn't learn about Earth until the Atlantis Expedition started exploring, i.e. Rising.
                They were happy to go back to their own feeding now that no one was challenging them.
                sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1142444/pranksta-4-lyf

R.I.P. Pike River Miners

Spoiler:
                It was all fun and games until Kyle chased a weka.
                I once ate two buns.
                I'll stand in the water while you wash your carrots.
                Let go of my arm, you stupid anemone!

Comment

I think that, when someone lives the city, save it - for some reason. Someday someone will get back and live there so - another source of food! maybe the Wraith isn't so stupid and think perspective...

and if they once make it possible to win in the battle between Ancient ant them so why couldn't do this again?
                  sigpic
                  sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Working...
                  X