Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marimba26
    I can't resist...
    If the touch gets any lighter, it will be nonexistant! It's not like they're making out in the broom closet or something! (speaking of brooms...)
    That's how YOU see it. I see it differently.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      That's how YOU see it. I see it differently.
      I think you've made your views very clear--just stating MHO. The name of this thread implies that both points of view are acceptable and welcome here. Unless I missed a memo...
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
        I can't resist...
        If the touch gets any lighter, it will be nonexistant! It's not like they're making out in the broom closet or something! (speaking of brooms...)
        There are more degrees than virtually non existant and making out in a broom closet. I notice it, there's too much for me to ignore, and that's too much for me. Actually, there was a time when ignoring it didn't come into the picture. You don't ignore what doesn't exist, and once upon a greatly blissful and happy time, it didn't exist for me.
        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Sharona and Disher are hilarious! He so obviously has a thing for her. I'm not sure what she thinks of him though. I've never seen the Monk/Sharona thing except in that episode where they had to pretend to be married. And it's not so much that I saw chemistry or thought they should be together but that it seemed that the writers were kind of leaning that way in that episode. What is it with writers and the need for a love triangle?

It's like Stargate. Want to try to boost ratings? Bring in another man. I'm really anxious to see how Pete-the-Plot-Point is handled this season.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

To me, the episode where Monk and Sharona pretend to be married was to lay at rest any idea of them getting together, by showing just how impossible it was. Poking fun at the tired convention that the lead actor and actress must become romantically involved.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

I was kinda hoping it was the writers' way of saying, "See? This could NEVER work! Now let us get back to writing the show!" Dunno if that's what it was about, but that's what I'm HOPING, anyway.

Disher's very cute. I still loved that scene in one ep where he was standing on a desk in his tee/undershirt trying to fix a leaking fire sprinkler. Kind of a background thing and not a lot to see, but still funny. And a nice image.

Comment

I just thought that I would resurrect this thread from page 10 and bring it to the forefront since it seems to be a hot topic again. Please remember to use spoiler space when discussing season 8. And I would also just like to request (this is just a personal request not a mod) that when discussing Pete that people refrain from posting all of the ways in which they want him to die. It's just my opinion but I don't really find that conducive to discussion.

Spoilers New Order and Affinity

Personally I think that TPTB are using the "Hey look over here!" tactic with Pete this season. Especially with the newly released photos of Sam and Pete. I honestly don't think anything permanent will come of the Sam/Pete relationship. Getting people all riled up in one way or another is a good way to get people to tune in in droves.

Comment

Can I add in to please refrain from the use of derogatory nicknames for ANY of the characters? No "Pit", no "Doe Eyes of Death" none of that crap that isn't conducive to an open-minded and honest discussion of ship. I'll even drop "moopy" if it botheres people.

SPOILERS for Affinity

I agree. This whole entire thing- Pete, TPTB comments, all the stupid interviews, it's all a huge, childish smokescreen to keep us guessing and at each others' throats about the whole Pete (or anyone else)/Sam/Jack issue. I think it's an incredibly stupid and dangerous move. Fandom is hostile and fractured enough as it is without rubbing salt in the wounds.

Comment

Hostility on a PG-forum isn't as fun as it could be

Comment

Personally (and some of my anti-shipper and noromo friends agree as well) I sincerely hope that the Sam/Jack ship is resolved one way or another this year. I doubt there will be another last minute renewal for yet another season of Stargate this time, seeing as how RDA seems pretty adamant about not doing another season. And I really don't see them continuing on without him no matter what RDA says. And I mean 100% definatively resolved. I realize that some people think something extremely subtle or open-ended would be good because each and every person could see what they want to see but I personally think that's a cop-out. No matter how you cut it some part of the fandom is gonna be seriously ticked off so why not go full bore? If you do definately shippy than anti-shippers and noromos will be upset and if you go in the opposite direction then the shippers will be unhappy. But personally I think that if they ride the fence and try for a middle ground that both parties will be unhappy.

I don't need some "From Here to Eternity" love scene or Shakespeare or anything dramatic. I don't need the Sam/Jack As the Stargate Turns episode. I don't need the entire season devoted to Sam/Jack ship. Just a definative resolution. Are they together or not. For the love of chocolate just pick!

Comment

Sam and Pete will not be getting married. I'd bet on it. If you ever watched JAG I think Pete is basically the "Mick" of Stargate. There to provide some nice character development for Sam, some nice angsty scenes for AT to play, but not *the guy*.

As for Sam and Jack, I do appreciate the shippers' desire to have a definitive resolution for S/J. I think it's probable they'll include something at the end that will make it "canon" that S/J are going to be together. After all most of TPTB (as far as I can tell) are S/J shippers. It just seems logical that they're not going to dump all over a pairing that most of them support. However I think they may leave enough wriggle room to allow for the big shippy stuff to occur in a movie. Of course if they're pretty sure they'll never get RDA or the financing to do a movie then I think you may well get the "From Here To Eternity" love scene in the series.

I also don't think TPTB have been plotting to pit the shippers against the anti-shippers or the noromos or whatever; I don't think they've had the time with two shows to produce. I think they've probably been surprised at the reaction over the introduction of a boyfriend for Sam. However, I think they're being a little coy and are playing what's been handed to them for all it's worth -- they devoted quite a bit of time to it in the Lowdown and have mentioned it in countless interviews.
                        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                          I also don't think TPTB have been plotting to pit the shippers against the anti-shippers or the noromos or whatever; I don't think they've had the time with two shows to produce. I think they've probably been surprised at the reaction over the introduction of a boyfriend for Sam. However, I think they're being a little coy and are playing what's been handed to them for all it's worth -- they devoted quite a bit of time to it in the Lowdown and have mentioned it in countless interviews.
                          Well, if not actively plotting then certainly taking advantage, as you said. And I still think it's a bad idea. They're still playing the sides off each other and it's still creating a bloody big mess. Maybe nothing equal to the Daniel Wars... YET... but still not very pretty.

I for one am sick to death of hearing about ship in the interviews and everywhere else. Have they forgotten that there's a show?? It's called Stargate SG-1. It's about a TEAM! With FOUR PEOPLE on it! Can we get back to the frelling point, please??

Comment

Originally Posted by Muldy_SG1 in the Season 8 thread -no spoilers in post:
                            4. Is there any TV show that had absolutely no ship that lasted as long as Stargate? That's not a question to annoy people, i'm just curious cos I can't think of one...
                            Okay, this isn't meant to be rude, but my honest answer? I don't care. First of all, longevity isn't my be all and end all benchmark on how good a show is. I've seen a lot of shows that should have ended way before they did. X-Files for one (and I was a Mulder/Scully shipper). I've seen shows that didn't last a long time, but were still very good. Second, what other shows do or did has no bearing on Stargate, imo. I'll judge Stargate on its own merits. And, if other shows need ship to last long, and can't ever make a show last without it, well they obviously dont' have a lot of creativity. Just because there might not be any shows that have lasted a long time without ship (and I'm not saying definitely either way, because I don't feel like trying to go through every show that I know of to confirm) doesn't mean it's a hard fast rule that no show can. It just means that no one has tried.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Well, if not actively plotting then certainly taking advantage, as you said. And I still think it's a bad idea. They're still playing the sides off each other and it's still creating a bloody big mess. Maybe nothing equal to the Daniel Wars... YET... but still not very pretty.

I for one am sick to death of hearing about ship in the interviews and everywhere else. Have they forgotten that there's a show?? It's called Stargate SG-1. It's about a TEAM! With FOUR PEOPLE on it! Can we get back to the frelling point, please??
                              Well, you're not the only one who got sick of the interviews. Seems to me that most of the SHIPPERS I know were tired of those interviews. We felt like we were being bombarded with Pete, who very few of us like. I know that's my opinion and I don't want to debate the merits/flaws of Pete, just making the point that I think a lot of people were tired of those interviews. And you *know* it's bad when both sides feel like things are being crammed down their throats.

As for the division in the fandom over the ship, I don't like it at all. GC was my first con (like you couldn't tell I'm sure) and I was very impressed that I met people of all opinions and I got along with all of them just fine because we all have a common love--Stargate SG-1. There were no boos (except when the MC came in to end the panel with the big three) and I was impressed that everyone could behave so well.

I think we can all be civil to each other (we're all people here folks) and if we want to snark, there's a thread for every opinion. That's not directed at you personally Shadow, just a comment on a post you made earlier in the thread that people should keep the character name calling to a minimum and respect each other's viewpoints. I was rather shocked a thread had to be closed today because the discussion got out of hand--especially while one of the PTB was lurking there. A real shame I think that some folks have to get personal and can't behave--again, not directed at you personally, just an observation.

Now that I've wandered around for a while, my point is that I'd like to see some resolution so that we can all move on and enjoy the show. I feel if they resolve it in some way, shape, or form, it would be better--personally, I would be happy with a simple adult conversation to decide whether they wanted to pursue a relationship later. Then we could get on with the show and actually *use* that strange looking vertical swimming pool for a change!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                                Okay, this isn't meant to be rude, but my honest answer? I don't care. First of all, longevity isn't my be all and end all benchmark on how good a show is. I've seen a lot of shows that should have ended way before they did. X-Files for one (and I was a Mulder/Scully shipper). I've seen shows that didn't last a long time, but were still very good. Second, what other shows do or did has no bearing on Stargate, imo. I'll judge Stargate on its own merits. And, if other shows need ship to last long, and can't ever make a show last without it, well they obviously dont' have a lot of creativity. Just because there might not be any shows that have lasted a long time without ship (and I'm not saying definitely either way, because I don't feel like trying to go through every show that I know of to confirm) doesn't mean it's a hard fast rule that no show can. It just means that no one has tried.
                                You are definitely right that X-files went on WAY too long. I was a Mulder/Scully shipper (sort of) but I think the problem there wasn't the ship really. There were a number of contributing factors, IMHO. First, the move to LA to film, then Duchovny's absence--I think they weren't quite sure how to handle that writing-wise so it was bit strange. They introduced Doggett, who I liked (okay, so i was probably the *only* person in America who liked him), and later Reyes, who I also liked. I thought that the Doggett/Reyes stories without Mulder/Scully had the flavor of the early eps and were pretty good. The problem there IMO was that they were too little, too late, a last ditch effort to keep a show alive that should have ended two seasons earlier. They had screwed it up so much by that point with weird plot arcs that didn't make sense (even for The X-Files) that it wasn't enough--sad, IMHO.

As for to ship or not to ship in a show, I guess that depends on the cast. I've watched lots of other shows that I don't feel have any ship in them and are wonderful. I adore Law & Order and Law & Order: Criminal Intent and while the original series may have had a ship once (reference Jack's grief and guilt over Claire's death here) I don't remember ever seeing much of it and I've seen most of the eps. IMHO Criminal Intent doesn't have a ship even though the two partners are male and female. Crossing Jordan flirted with a bit of ship for an ep or two, then dropped it but they did it in such a way that you didn't mind it when it was there and you didn't mind it when it was gone--no pining, longing, or angst, just a cute remark here and there and that was it. Sheesh, do I watch NBC, or what?

As for Stargate, I will also judge it by its own merits. I like the ship (though I know you know that), I *would* like them together at the end, and I'm sure that I've given my reasons numerous times elsewhere so I won't bore you. I simply want resolution. Nothing more. Just MHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X