Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    I always saw Daniel/Sam as more like siblings
    I did for a long time - for years I never could figure out where the Daniel/Sam shippers were coming from. I'm not sure what changed exactly. Somewhere along the way I took another look at it, and thought...."actually, that could work." I think the Carmen Argenziano quote influenced me too.

I think part of it was was that Daniel was married in the beginning when he and Sam were closer, and then after Sha're died, they started putting more emphasis on S/J, so...there wasn't so much Daniel/Sam stuff. So that's why I didn't see it at first. But it's an interesting "what if" for me. I very much like the whole "best friends who grow into something more" type ships, so that's where I'm coming from on this.

none of the others bothered me, except Sam/Pete but that's a whole other matter
    To be honest, I'm not all that fond of Pete myself. At the time, it was like "well at least she's finally moving on from Jack." Sorry! *tries to duck buckets of rotten tomatoes from S/J shippers* But I never really was all that thrilled about him - I thought Sam could do better.

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
    I loved Daniel/Sha're too (mostly film Sha're). I would have loved to see them save Sha're, though I don't think they would have lasted.
    Really? Oh I can't imagine them not lasting personally. If she'd survived that is. But maybe that's just me.

Really? They were thinking of doing Jack/Janet?! Don't kill me S/J friends, but man, I definitely think they missed the mark here in deciding to go with S/J instead. I think TR and RDA had loads of chemistry and I, as a team-over-ship type person, would have greatly preferred the romance to stay off the team. They still could have played with the rules and regs but maybe it wouldn't have been as offputting at times if it was between a main cast member and a supporting cast member. MISSED OPPORTUNITIES!!!
    I am right there with you on this one! Wow - major missed opportunities. I would have loved to see Jack/Janet. I thought I'd seen someone say something about them having played with the idea of J/J, but I don't know where it was, and I was starting to think I'd dreamed it.

I wasn't really feeling Kerry. Mostly because I was completely over the romance plotlines by that point and she was just another part of the drama. She was very pretty though.
    Agreed on this as well. I have nothing against Kerry, but I did not like Threads. At all.

Originally posted by Petra View Post
    See, for me Sam/Cam is the worst idea possible right after Sam/Daniel. Firstly, I enjoy their friendship and, just like Linda, I've never seen anything shippy in their interactions - even though I know certain TPTB tried very hard to sell this pairing which annoys me to no end. Secondly, I think Cam is too boyish for Sam. I just can't see him as a *man*, he gives off this kid vibe which is cute, but which I can't imagine Sam being attracted to. Sorry. Thirdly and most importantly, shipping her with Cam would be incredibly damaging to her character. Here we have a grown-up, successful woman who'd been in love with her boss for years...and as soon as her boss moves on, she immediately falls for his replacement?
    Hmm, I think I like Cam for Sam for precisely some of the reasons you don't like him for Sam. I like that they're such good friends - that's part of the attraction, and I like that he's more "boyish" - that he's more emotionally open and unrepressed. And I think his personality provides a good balance for Sam's personality - I see him as someone who could bring some fun to Sam's life, pull her out of the lab and make her laugh. (if you can't tell, I'm a huge Mitchell fan)

And as far as the other - well, that's easily solved by not having Sam be in love with her former CO. *rotten tomatoes rain down again*

In all seriousness, I don't want you to think that I'm denying that Sam and Jack have a thing, canonically. I'm not. But then, I don't believe Sam/Cam is canon either - I just like the idea.

And for the last thing - well. I don't remember Cam ever treating Sam badly. But YMMV. I didn't have the issues with Cam taking command of SG-1 that I know a lot of people did. Probably not a debate for this thread though.

And I think it would have lasted. I can't imagine Sha're wanting to go back to Abydos after everything she went through. I tend to think she'd stay on Earth with Daniel and although their relationship would be troubled and difficult it would work out in the end.
    I agree with you.

I tried to search for the interviews mentioning J/J thing, but all I could find on such short notice was this:

http://www.rdanderson.com/ Archive: Articles: "Gate crasher"

Relevant bit:
    "Anderson also protests innocence of any knowledge of the possibility that Dr. Janet Fraiser (Teryl Rothery) could pique O'Neill's interest. It might appear that to the Colonel she is merely yet another scientist, but her fiery and determined personality could ignite a few sparks in the coming months. Definitely a case of "watch this space"." SFX, October 1999

I could have sworn there was something more...
    Thanks for the quote - that's more than I've seen.
    Last edited by Killdeer; 18 August 2010, 01:54 PM.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
      If the episode has aired in syndication, normally you don't have to tag spoilers anymore for that episode, but you do need to spoiler-tag spoilers for episodes that still need to be aired in syndication. I think that's how it is... I, however, just play it safe and spoiler-tag anything SGU for now. I even spoiler-tag things for SGA season five, too from time to time...

Also, if you're posting in the episode folders, you can never spoil a future spoiler without spoiler tags. For example if you're posting in the first season SGA folder, you can't go around and tell everyone that in season 3, Sunday,
      Spoiler:
      Carson dies.
      Even though the episode has aired in syndication. Common sense I'd guess... Still that's how it was spoiled for me. When I caught up on SGA, someone posted it in the first season episode folder without spoiler tags. It ruined part of the episode for me.
      I guess big events(births, deaths, marriages, rebirths, ect) on a show should probably always be spoilered for people new to the show who don't want to be spoiled.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
        If the episode has aired in syndication, normally you don't have to tag spoilers anymore for that episode, but you do need to spoiler-tag spoilers for episodes that still need to be aired in syndication. I think that's how it is... I, however, just play it safe and spoiler-tag anything SGU for now. I even spoiler-tag things for SGA season five, too from time to time...

Also, if you're posting in the episode folders, you can never spoil a future spoiler without spoiler tags. For example if you're posting in the first season SGA folder, you can't go around and tell everyone that in season 3, Sunday,
        Spoiler:
        Carson dies.
        Even though the episode has aired in syndication. Common sense I'd guess... Still that's how it was spoiled for me. When I caught up on SGA, someone posted it in the first season episode folder without spoiler tags. It ruined part of the episode for me.
        *closes eyes and thinks* Okay I think I got it now. Geez I now know how Jack felt when Carter was trying to explain wormholes to him

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        I did for a long time - for years I never could figure out where the Daniel/Sam shippers were coming from. I'm not sure what changed exactly. Somewhere along the way I took another look at it, and thought...."actually, that could work." I think the Carmen Argenziano quote influenced me too.

I think part of it was was that Daniel was married in the beginning when he and Sam were closer, and then after Sha're died, they started putting more emphasis on S/J, so...there wasn't so much Daniel/Sam stuff. So that's why I didn't see it at first. But it's an interesting "what if" for me. I very much like the whole "best friends who grow into something more" type ships, so that's where I'm coming from on this.
        I just never saw it between them, seeing them as like siblings would make it weird for me to see them together

To be honest, I'm not all that fond of Pete myself. At the time, it was like "well at least she's finally moving on from Jack." Sorry! *tries to duck buckets of rotten tomatoes from S/J shippers* But I never really was all that thrilled about him - I thought Sam could do better.
        Hey if they wanted to give Sam a love interest you know who I think could have worked? Agent Barrett *hides* What? There was just something about their interactions
        sigpic

Comment

Hey if they wanted to give Sam a love interest you know who I think could have worked? Agent Barrett *hides* What? There was just something about their interactions
          I thought that too. I wouldn't have minded that.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

I thought that too. I wouldn't have minded that.
            Me too. *runs*
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Well, IMHO, that'd been better than Sam/Pete.
              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Sam and Barrett wouldn't have been bad.
                sigpic

Comment

did you guys know that when they were first thinking of who could play sam's new love interest, they were considering ben browder? he, thankfully, turned it down (b/c there'd be no ben/mitchell then), but i wouldn't have minded seeing such delicious eye candy for sam, even if it THANKFULLY didn't work out b/c she was in love with jack.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

She could definitly do better than him.

The reason why I dislike Pete is not because I'm an S/J Shipper. It's because I didn't like the character, at all. I mean, come on, Sam is a beautiful and intelligent woman. If she isn't to go with Jack, give her someone more interesting than that cop. The first time we saw him, he was stalking her and spying on her. What kind of guy is that? Especially for Sam.
                    Sorry if that sounded harsh, but I really didn't like him.

Yes! That guy was so much more interesting than Pete. I wouldn't have mind Sam going for him. Plus, they were chilhood friends, or at least friends before the Stargate program, IIRC. That would have been so much better and more in-character for Sam, IMO.
                    sigpic
                    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

See, I always thought that on earth, she'd have been a prisoner. I mean, Teal'c was always in danger of being taken to Area 51 and dissected and with her memories of her time as a host, particularly one so close to Apophis, she would have been seen as a very valuable commodity. It took 8 years for Teal'c to be allowed to live off-base and I can't imagine Sha're being willing to live in the SGC.
                      I'm not so sure about that. Other aliens living on Earth (Cassie, Nyan, that boy from The Light) didn't seem to have any problems. Then there's Vala...I also don't see how Sha're's situation would have been any different from Sarah's (Osiris' ex-host) and we've never heard of her having trouble with the NID (well, we've never heard of her again, period, but still...). I think Teal'c was a bit of a special case because he truly was an alien, in the sense that even his anatomy was different; if something happened to him - car accident, fire, whatever - Stargate's cover would have been blown. Sha're otoh was a normal human being.

But I think I get where are you coming from and I'm happy to agree to disagree.

Thinking about it though, I'm glad we saw so little of Sha're because the actress was terrible and probably would not have had the talent to carry this kind of drama.
                      Yeah, I wasn't impressed by the actress either.

RE: SGU.
                      Chloe and Scott are boooooooring.
                      That's pretty much my reaction. I don't mind Chloe and Scott but whenever they are onscreen I'm like "yeah, you love each other, whatever; next scene please!"

Hmm, I think I like Cam for Sam for precisely some of the reasons you don't like him for Sam. I like that they're such good friends - that's part of the attraction, and I like that he's more "boyish" - that he's more emotionally open and unrepressed.
                      Fair enough. But I'd like to point out that Sam was friends with Jack too.

And I think his personality provides a good balance for Sam's personality - I see him as someone who could bring some fun to Sam's life, pull her out of the lab and make her laugh. (if you can't tell, I'm a huge Mitchell fan)
                      This is where we completely disagree. I don't see Sam laughing at Cam's jokes even half as much or as often as at Jack's, but more importantly, I don't see her as a person who'd need someone to bring out her fun side. *Sam* has a fun side. She's an adrenaline junkie, she wears leather, rides a bike, takes part in space races *for fun* and is teased by her friends - Jack btw - for regularly getting speeding tickets. She simply needs someone to keep up with her. Mitchell, judging from his choice in ladies shown onscreen, prefers calmer and quieter women (Amy, Reya)

Anyway, that's my take on them, nothing more.

In all seriousness, I don't want you to think that I'm denying that Sam and Jack have a thing, canonically. I'm not. But then, I don't believe Sam/Cam is canon either - I just like the idea.
                      I know, don't worry. S/J thing is canon, no matter how much one would like to deny it; similarly D/V thing is canon too, as much as it pains me to admit it. and I was under the impression that we've been talking about other *possibilities* here. That's why I mentioned that if there was no S/J, I could have seen Jack with Kerry, Janet or JS's Weir. Similarly, I could have seen Sam with Barret and...I'm drawing blank at the moment on who else I could have seen her with. I'm sure I'll think of someone eventually.

And for the last thing - well. I don't remember Cam ever treating Sam badly. But YMMV. I didn't have the issues with Cam taking command of SG-1 that I know a lot of people did. Probably not a debate for this thread though.
                      I don't wish to reopen the WSL debate, but I'd like to explain that my issues with Cam treating Sam "badly" on occasion have to do with his command. I don't like how he ignores her advice, sometimes mocks her and first and foremost, despite their equal ranks orders her around far more than Jack ever did. It just rubs me the wrong way that TPTB were talking about co-command and yet we *never* saw Sam take charge when Cam was around but somehow there were plenty of times when he was simply giving her an order far more harshly than Jack and she never protested. Never told him off. Never even brought up the issue - not to mention that IMO the whole thing with him retaining command of SG-1 once Sam was back should have been explained onscreen.. It was one of the reasons why it took me awhile to warm up to their friendship; at first it felt incredibly forced and unnatural in light of the above.

Err, okay, I think I'm done on the subject of command.

I agree with you.
                      Yay! Finally, we can agree on something!

Sorry to burst your bubble but you are so not the first one to think of that Actually most of the S/J shippers I know agree that Barret would have been perfect as Sam's boyfriend and we were talking about it on this very thread 10 pages ago

For the life of my I can't figure out why TPTB felt the need to create a new love interest for Sam when they already had a nice, cute guy who had buckets of chemistry with Sam/AT, respected her, had a crush on her and already knew all about her job and life, so there's be no reason for secrecy and so there would be no following around, background checks, crashing stake-outs, storming out of the house on the "morning after", making out on the job, making Sam look stupid and incompetent etc. Yes, I don't like Pete either

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                      Yes! That guy was so much more interesting than Pete. I wouldn't have mind Sam going for him. Plus, they were chilhood friends, or at least friends before the Stargate program, IIRC. That would have been so much better and more in-character for Sam, IMO.
                      But...they weren't. They met in the 5th year of Stargate Program's existence, in season 5 "Wormhole X-treme" to be precise.
                      There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                      sigpic
                      awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

For the life of my I can't figure out why TPTB felt the need to create a new love interest for Sam when they already had a nice, cute guy who had buckets of chemistry with Sam/AT, respected her, had a crush on her and already knew all about her job and life, so there's be no reason for secrecy and so there would be no following around, background checks, crashing stake-outs, storming out of the house on the "morning after", making out on the job, making Sam look stupid and incompetent etc. Yes, I don't like Pete either
                        maybe so we'd know, right off the bat, that this ship was doomed?
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          maybe so we'd know, right off the bat, that this ship was doomed?
                          hehehe, good one.
                          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

But...they weren't. They met in the 5th year of Stargate Program's existence, in season 5 "Wormhole X-treme" to be precise.
                            Oh yeah? Sorry, my bad.

That still doesn't change the fact that they had a good chemistry and blah-blah... But we've been through this. ;P
                            sigpic
                            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Oh I love Peter and Elizabeth. They're one of the best married couples ever (Zoe and Wash are the other one).

The episode where she starts laughing her head off at his attempts to flirt while undercover...that was hysterical.
                              Oh yes, Peter and Elizabeth my favorite ship right now. Oh Zoe and Wash. loved them.

Sam and Cam, I loved them as friends and couldn't see them as a ship pairing.

I thought Torri's Weir had good chemistry with Daniel too but I kinda fell a little in love with Jack/Elizabeth (Torri again).
                              Last edited by SGLAB; 18 August 2010, 10:05 PM.

Comment

*closes eyes and thinks* Okay I think I got it now. Geez I now know how Jack felt when Carter was trying to explain wormholes to him

I just never saw it between them, seeing them as like siblings would make it weird for me to see them together

Oh yeah, there was a time a kind of liked Sam and Agent Barrett too. I remember in a s7 ep. when he asked her out thinking "darn, she's dating Pete"

I think I saw Sam and Daniel for a brief time years ago but then I thought about it and it seemed to me they were two people who needed a partner who could get them out of their head on ocassion. I really liked Daniel and Janet. I thought she would be good for him.

Now I ship Daniel with Cam.

Comment

Working...
                                X