General Ship ( Relationship) Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jper View Post
    Any spoilers for SGU (season 1 or season 2) need to be marked and put under spoiler tags! It's in the official rules! And I'd really appreciate it if you guys/girls would do that. 'cause I'm trying not to read too much spoilers. Thanks!!

Also, I don't want to nag, but could you please put Bones spoilers under spoiler tags, too. Thanks!! That way I can keep reading this thread without being spoiled too much.

P.S. VampyreWraith, this is not specifically directed or focused on you. I just quoted your post 'cause you brought it up.

Thanks again. Jasper.
    Oh right, so you haven't seen the last season of Bones Jper? I'll try remember spoiler it then
    sigpic

Comment

Any spoilers for SGU (season 1 or season 2) need to be marked and put under spoiler tags! It's in the official rules! And I'd really appreciate it if you guys/girls would do that. 'cause I'm trying not to read too much spoilers. Thanks!!

Also, I don't want to nag, but could you please put Bones spoilers under spoiler tags, too. Thanks!! That way I can keep reading this thread without being spoiled too much.

P.S. VampyreWraith, this is not specifically directed or focused on you. I just quoted your post 'cause you brought it up.

Thanks again. Jasper.
      Thanks for pointing that out. I think a lot of us who don't spend a lot of time in the SGU folder probably didn't realize it was an official rule.
      Sorry if I didn't spoiler anything earlier.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        Chloe/Scott (I'll spoiler for now just in case for people who haven't watched)
        Spoiler:
        I don't like Chloe/Scott. I don't like the characters when they are around each other. Individually and with others thery are ok. If they wanted me to take that pairing seriously; they shouldn't have had Scott with James in the suppy closet a week or 2 before getting with Chloe. And the fact that the whole James/Scott thing was barely discussed annoyed me.

TJ/Young
        Spoiler:
        Young was married, and he admits he made a mistake and he was trying to get back together with his wife. Thankfully TJ isn't being portrayed as continuing to go after Young(at least that I saw). That would really bother me. I like the two characters as just friends and hope they develop the friendship angle more.
        Chloe/Scott
        Spoiler:
        I know what you mean about the Scott?James in the supply closet. And then a few weeks later he's banging Chloe? Huh? And we find out in one ep he got a girl pregnant when he was younger? Is this guy a sex addict or something? I kinda feel sorry for James, seeing Scott end up with Chloe. I kinda feel sorry for Chloe too, as far as I know she doesn't know anything about it.

TJ/Young
        Spoiler:
        That's one thig I'm thankful for with TJ. I like TJ, she was becoming a favourite character of mine. So I'm glad they didn't turn her into some sort of hussy trying to break up a marriage. But I was very disappointed in Young when he used someone else's body to have sex with his wife That put me off him for a while.

I wish they kept these two as really good friends and nothing more but I guess it's too late for that now. My only hope now is that they don't get them back together as a couple.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          Oh right, so you haven't seen the last season of Bones Jper? I'll try remember spoiler it then
          I haven't seen all episodes yet, apparently. I thought I had seen them all on TV, but seems like I've missed some. For example, some of those comments here didn't make sense to me, so I guess I still need to see those episode(s). I did see the last one. Unlike previous comments here, I was rather happy with the fifth season. And I'm really really looking forward to the sixth one. I do try to stay away from spoilers for that season, though.

And I'd really appreciate it if you could remember that! Thanks. I hope that won't be too hard on your "goldfish" memory.
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I haven't seen all episodes yet, apparently. I thought I had seen them all on TV, but seems like I've missed some. For example, some of those comments here didn't make sense to me, so I guess I still need to see those episode(s). I did see the last one. Unlike previous comments here, I was rather happy with the fifth season. And I'm really really looking forward to the sixth one. I do try to stay away from spoilers for that season, though.

And I'd really appreciate it if you could remember that! Thanks. I hope that won't be too hard on your "goldfish" memory.
            Oh I'm sure I'll manage to remember
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out. I think a lot of us who don't spend a lot of time in the SGU folder probably didn't realize it was an official rule.
              Sorry if I didn't spoiler anything earlier.
              It really has nothing to do with the SGU folder, it's in the general rules you agreed to when you signed up (not to spoil anything about any current or future Stargate season until it has aired via syndication), not to mention in the first post of this thread as well (see the quote in my the post you've quoted here. )

Comment

Chloe/Scott
                Spoiler:
                I know what you mean about the Scott?James in the supply closet. And then a few weeks later he's banging Chloe? Huh? And we find out in one ep he got a girl pregnant when he was younger? Is this guy a sex addict or something? I kinda feel sorry for James, seeing Scott end up with Chloe. I kinda feel sorry for Chloe too, as far as I know she doesn't know anything about it.

TJ/Young
                Spoiler:
                That's one thig I'm thankful for with TJ. I like TJ, she was becoming a favourite character of mine. So I'm glad they didn't turn her into some sort of hussy trying to break up a marriage. But I was very disappointed in Young when he used someone else's body to have sex with his wife That put me off him for a while.

I wish they kept these two as really good friends and nothing more but I guess it's too late for that now. My only hope now is that they don't get them back together as a couple.
                Chloe/Scott
                Spoiler:
                I know what you mean. Going by what happened with James, I would have rather had Scott protrayed as a bit of a man whore(can I say that lol) than as someone who had found true love with Chloe. But since they had Chloe/Scott have some sort of deep bond. I would have really liked it if Scott actually had a really nice conversation with James about what went on with them; and also have talked about it with Chloe. It was touched upon a bit but not enough for me in Pain

TJ/Young
                Spoiler:
                TJ is pretty my favorite female character in sgu so I really like that TJ wasn't portrayed as a homewrecker. I don't like the body sawp sex at all; so I also didn't like it when young visited his wife in Telford's body.
                LOL because you used the McKay smiley i read it as "I was very disappointed in Young when he used someone else's body to have sex with his wife :mckay" lol
                sigpic

Comment

It really has nothing to do with the SGU folder, it's in the general rules you agreed to when you signed up (not to spoil anything about any current or future Stargate season until it has aired via syndication), not to mention in the first post of this thread as well (see the quote in my the post you've quoted here. )
                  I'm not American, could you explain what Syndication is? I'm not really sure what that is? Is that when the show goes on a rerun?

Chloe/Scott
                  Spoiler:
                  I know what you mean. Going by what happened with James, I would have rather had Scott protrayed as a bit of a man whore(can I say that lol) than as someone who had found true love with Chloe. But since they had Chloe/Scott have some sort of deep bond. I would have really liked it if Scott actually had a really nice conversation with James about what went on with them; and also have talked about it with Chloe. It was touched upon a bit but not enough for me in Pain

TJ/Young
                  Spoiler:
                  TJ is pretty my favorite female character in sgu so I really like that TJ wasn't portrayed as a homewrecker. I don't like the body sawp sex at all; so I also didn't like it when young visited his wife in Telford's body.
                  LOL because you used the McKay smiley i read it as "I was very disappointed in Young when he used someone else's body to have sex with his wife :mckay" lol
                  TJ/Young
                  Spoiler:
                  STOP your train of thought right now

But yes, that bodyswap sex thing really put me off Young for quite a while.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm not American, could you explain what Syndication is? I'm not really sure what that is? Is that when the show goes on a rerun?
                    Wikipedia can explain this much better than I ever could:
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast_syndication

('cause I am not American either, so I don't know exactly how it works. It has something to do with SGU airing on other local broadcasting networks/channels).

Comment

Sorry , didn't see the first post update. And I don't know why, but I thought that once the ep was aired it was ok to talk about scenes in the ep. I guess thats because its ok to talk about what happened in the ep in the ep folder(which I have done); but I guess that makes sense to not have to put spoiler tags in there because I think theres a warning that there may be spoilers for eps in there; and no one would be able to talk about anything in the ep without spoilering it. I understand why its necessary outside the ep folders, i just didn't realize it was an actual rule even after the season was over(I didn't realize it was after syndication) I think what I said made sense, but I tend to ramble in my posts sometimes it gets confusing lol sorry ( Spoilers for Season 2 I completely understand) LOL and anyway I put spoiler tags for sgu stuff here ; though I'm just not sure if I slipped up on other threads.
                      sigpic

Comment

TJ/Young
                        Spoiler:
                        STOP your train of thought right now

But yes, that bodyswap sex thing really put me off Young for quite a while.

Spoiler:
                        LOL @ the thought of Young/McKay.

Yeah I think syndication is when other networks buy the right to air reruns.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sorry , didn't see the first post update. And I don't know why, but I thought that once the ep was aired it was ok to talk about scenes in the ep. I guess thats because its ok to talk about what happened in the ep in the ep folder(which I have done); but I guess that makes sense to not have to put spoiler tags in there because I think theres a warning that there may be spoilers for eps in there; and no one would be able to talk about anything in the ep without spoilering it. I understand why its necessary outside the ep folders, i just didn't realize it was an actual rule even after the season was over(I didn't realize it was after syndication) I think what I said made sense, but I tend to ramble in my posts sometimes it gets confusing lol sorry ( Spoilers for Season 2 I completely understand) LOL and anyway I put spoiler tags for sgu stuff here ; though I'm just not sure if I slipped up on other threads.
                          No problem. It made sense, and you are correct. No spoiler tags in the episode folders 'cause there's a warning beneath the episode folder's name. (Although you do need to spoiler-tag future spoilers). Same goes for thread titles with a warning in the thread title. Those don't need spoiler tags, too for spoilers included in the warning. And in general, for GateWorld, rules and topic specific for a thread are mentioned in the first post of a thread and the thread title. Check out the FAQ and the stickied posts in the Forum Announcements and Help folder for more info.

Comment

Wikipedia can explain this much better than I ever could:
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast_syndication

('cause I am not American either, so I don't know exactly how it works. It has something to do with SGU airing on other local broadcasting networks/channels).
                            Thanks Jper I think it made sense to me when I read it

Just one more question on this topic I swear (cause I know this is so the wrong thread for this ) - Do we still spolier the eps until after the syndication has finished or when the syndication starts is it ok.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that made no sense whatsoever
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Jper I think it made sense to me when I read it

Just one more question on this topic I swear (cause I know this is so the wrong thread for this ) - Do we still spolier the eps until after the syndication has finished or when the syndication starts is it ok.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that made no sense whatsoever
                              If the episode has aired in syndication, normally you don't have to tag spoilers anymore for that episode, but you do need to spoiler-tag spoilers for episodes that still need to be aired in syndication. I think that's how it is... I, however, just play it safe and spoiler-tag anything SGU for now. I even spoiler-tag things for SGA season five, too from time to time...

Also, if you're posting in the episode folders, you can never spoil a future spoiler without spoiler tags. For example if you're posting in the first season SGA folder, you can't go around and tell everyone that in season 3, Sunday,
                              Spoiler:
                              Carson dies.
                              Even though the episode has aired in syndication. Common sense I'd guess... Still that's how it was spoiled for me. When I caught up on SGA, someone posted it in the first season episode folder without spoiler tags. It ruined part of the episode for me.

Comment

No problem. It made sense, and you are correct. No spoiler tags in the episode folders 'cause there's a warning beneath the episode folder's name. (Although you do need to spoiler-tag future spoilers). Same goes for thread titles with a warning in the thread title. Those don't need spoiler tags, too for spoilers included in the warning. And in general, for GateWorld, rules and topic specific for a thread are mentioned in the first post of a thread and the thread title. Check out the FAQ and the stickied posts in the Forum Announcements and Help folder for more info.
                                Thanks for clarifying everything.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X