General Ship ( Relationship) Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jper View Post
    Then where does "Turkey Sandwich" fit in?
    That's Teal'c's love! It may be an even fight with Ronan, but Shep would go down.

Don't touch the sandwich!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      That's Teal'c's love! It may be an even fight with Ronan, but Shep would go down.

Don't touch the sandwich!
      How can a "Turkey sandwich" not be Sheppard's love"?
      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I don't really ship anyone on any of the shows, but sci-fi wise, if I had to pick, I think I'd go with the Sam/Martouf//Lantash) ship. Why? Because it has so many interesting angles. The fact you have the 'is it my emotions or is it Jolinar's' and from Martouf (and Lantash) you have 'do we love her because of herself or because she was host to Jolinar'. And then Sam is also still somewhat Jolinar, so that part certainly does love them. Completely confusing. Full of possibilities for story-lines. If I were a writer I would totally love to explore that. That and the Tok'ra in general is one of the most intriguing sci-fi ideas on the show.

But otherwise? Nah, Stargate is about team, not about ship! (IMHO, of course!)

Comment

Hi shippers of all varieties and pairings!

For those interested in the Sam/Jack ship:

Love is in the air! Which means it's almost that time of year again . . .

Valenship

Here is your official invite created by Bekki.

Spoiler:
          Feel free to use the sig and avatar between now and the celebration (no hotlinking please). And please help spread the word to all our shipper friends.

We're going to have a great time. Can't wait to see you all there!

Comment

My favorite ships are Sam & Jack (too bad I can't use a custom ava yet, cool stuff!) and Teyla & John
            sigpic

Comment

Just a quick reminder about Valenship:

Spoiler:

(Artwork by the lovely and talented Bekki)

Comment

Yay, count me in!

I'm also a Vala/Daniel shipper, simply based on Unending.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                  I'm waving my "Just a casual viewer" flag here, but wasn't Cadman into Beckett, not McKay? :confused

This reminded me of one fic I read ages ago, in which Jonas was in high demand among all base personnel due to his off-worldly....skills and stamina, shall we say.

A bit OTT (or not, after all we are discussing relationships), but I adored Jonas' realtionships with everyone and can't pick my favourite. There was this whole storyline of gaining Jack's trust, and the easy-going, light-hearted friendship with Sam and awesome "alien fish out of water", mentor/student thing with Teal'c. I thought season 6 struck perfect balance in making everybody - characters and cast alike - equal. But that's just me. *shrug*

I agree actually. What you wrote above is why I think it wouldn't have worked out in the long run, but I could definitelly see them in a relationship for some time. I think Sam would at first fall for being treated as a woman first and foremost - it's what happened with Pete after all. But eventually she'd realise it's not what she wants.

I liked Pete in the first half of Chimera and in NO, but that wasn't real Pete, just what Sam thought him to be. However the second half isn't the only thing that put me off him. I was freaked out to learn about him buying *them* a house behind her back. And I absolutely despise everything about him and them in Affinity. Everything. From him changing his job and moving to Colorado without discussing it with her or even informing her beforehand (hmm, I'm sensing a trend here), through her becoming completely brain-dead so the audience would see what an awesome, professional cop he is to them making out on duty, at the site. Sam didn't even check on Daniel, she was so busy with her boyfriend. Ugh. No, just no.
                  I loved the Jonas storyline and to be honest i was disappointed they didnt expand on it more. He was definetly well liked by the SG-1 team (that is after O'Neill finally got used to him). He got along with Sam quite well and Teal'c and him were kind of a pair because they were both "aliens." There were also hints that Jonas got along well with staff at Stargate Command (he was definitely getting looks from some of the female staff) The only relationship they gave him was in the episode I believe in season 7 when SG-1 went back to Jonas's world and he was working with his assistant that turned out to be a goa'uld. I do not really mind that he didn't have any sort of relationship i just wish they had brought him back into the show more often, more of a reoccuring role. he was a great character. I was happy when Daniel Jackson came back, however because I love his character.
                  Originally posted by VampyreWraith
                  I liked Jonas's friendships with the cast as well; particularly his friendships wit Teal'c and Sam. I liked the interaction between Jonas and Daniel, and could've seen them becomming really good friends. I wish they had kept Jonas at least as a recurring character in a role the size of Bratac 's or Jacob/Selmac.
                  I definetly did not like the Pete storyline however. Its not that I did not like Pete, its just I always loved the Jack/Sam relationship, even though it never really flourished into something more.
                  You ended that sentence with a preposition.....you B$$$$$$$!

Comment

I didn't like the sam and pete story they just didnt seem to fit well, but at least he didn't die like most of the other guys that were into sam. sam and agent barrett (NID) would have been nice together though

Comment

1. adds a little bit for everyone else so that the non sci fi people dont puke
                      2.daniel+vala (watch unending) all the way+=love
                      3.no comment

Please help my dragon grow!

Comment

It's almost holiday time again, and that means Shipsgiving!

Spoiler:

To help spread the word, Nolamom has not only made this lovely invite, she has also prepared a matching sig and avatar set:

Feel free to use them so everyone you interact with on the forum will see your love of Sam and Jack and know about the big party. And spread the word to shippers new and not so new.

Looking forward to sharing a day celebrating the joy that is Sam and Jack!
                        See you there!

Comment

Great News
                          There's only one week to Shipsgiving!!!!!

Please stop by and share or just say hello!
                          We are looking forward to spending a fun day together celebrating our favorite couple.

Spoiler:

Comment

1. Love the idea of low key romance just for fun. Doesn't need to be the focus of the show at all but can add a lot to the depts of the characters.
                            2. Pro Daniel/Vala (selected my nick right after "Prometheus unbound")
                            3. Ship anywhere please.

Comment

It's the holiday season and the next shipper celebration is just around the corner.

Please Join Us for Shipmas!!!!

Spoiler:

Art by Treknik.

Come share your Sam/Jack Fics, Vids, and Art
                              Or just stop by to say hello and chat about our favorite couple!

And spread the word by using the official Shipmas Sig and Avi.

We'll see you at the party!

Comment

Less than a week until the best holiday party around . . .

Shipmas!!!

Coming this Saturday!
                                Don't miss it!

Comment

Working...
                                X