X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Red
    replied
    Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    I saw really good friends definately, I dunno if I'd call it brotherly, but maybe yes in BT. Yeah, maybe they did consider it finished, when I was watching it though, I thought that maybe since Rachel had a baby in real life that it might have had something to do with less Teyla. But I don't know if that actually had anything to do with it.
    I think it did because I know they said in The Queen Rachel was very tired and they did less fighting. So yeah, I think the last two years of her characterization had a lot to do with her real life situation.

Leave a comment:

• VampyreWraith
    replied
    Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
    Butting in for a second here, but I have to say that I agree with this. I'll never ship D/V and I will always prefer them to be as far away from eachother as possible, but I don't hate it with the same passion that I used to. When the show was on I couldn't even stomach them in the same scene together, I'd skip channels for a few minutes, but now I can watch them and not shudder everytime they talk.

I think MS and CB had great comedic chemistry together, and I could have loved the mentor/mentee relationship between them, but almost interaction between them was ship-based (which is probably my snti D/V glasses coloring my perception, but it truly seemed that way). I think I could have loved Vala as a character had the D/V thing never happened. Poor Vala became the only character on Stargate that I have ever genuinely hated and it was all because of shipping.

EDIT: Oi. Petra, get out of my head! Can I just cosign everything that she wrote wrt D/V?
    This is basically how I feel about D/V.
    And I agree with Petra too especially in that I also felt that Daniel and Vala's characters seemed to change when they were in a scene together, and everyone else seemed to be excluded. That didn't help me like the pairing at all.
    I can stand them more now though after second and sometimes third viewings.

Leave a comment:

• VampyreWraith
    replied
    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    What about BT? He was real brotherly there talking about Kanaan? And in DV they were off together and having a nice talk I think. But yeah, they did seem to lose interest in them about that time. I think part of the reason we say so much less of Teyla may have been that they considered her story finished. In fact I believe JM said as much one time on his blog. But don't quote me on that.
    I saw really good friends definately, I dunno if I'd call it brotherly, but maybe yes in BT. Yeah, maybe they did consider it finished, when I was watching it though, I thought that maybe since Rachel had a baby in real life that it might have had something to do with less Teyla. But I don't know if that actually had anything to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• Ashizuri
    replied
    Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    I just recently finally bought all of SG-1 on dvd. I rewatched S9/10 as I haven't seen many of those eps since the show ended. I suppose it's because I've mellowed out a bit in my view of the show, but those two seasons weren't as bad as I remember them, and neither was the D/V ship (it wasn't as overbearing as I remembered it to be). MS and CB had great rapport with each other, which is a pretty good selling point.
    Butting in for a second here, but I have to say that I agree with this. I'll never ship D/V and I will always prefer them to be as far away from eachother as possible, but I don't hate it with the same passion that I used to. When the show was on I couldn't even stomach them in the same scene together, I'd skip channels for a few minutes, but now I can watch them and not shudder everytime they talk.

I think MS and CB had great comedic chemistry together, and I could have loved the mentor/mentee relationship between them, but almost interaction between them was ship-based (which is probably my snti D/V glasses coloring my perception, but it truly seemed that way). I think I could have loved Vala as a character had the D/V thing never happened. Poor Vala became the only character on Stargate that I have ever genuinely hated and it was all because of shipping.

EDIT: Oi. Petra, get out of my head! Can I just cosign everything that she wrote wrt D/V?
    Last edited by Ashizuri; 27 July 2010, 11:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Killdeer
    replied
    Originally posted by Petra View Post
    As for the purpose of this thread, the Mod who started it was pretty clear:

However I don't think anyone, least of all me, minds hijacking it for some SGA discussion.
    Well, SGA hadn't even started airing at that point. But I will ask.

As for D/V....I actually haven't rewatched those last two seasons, so you all have the advantage of me in that. I admit though that I am biased toward Vala - Claudia Black is probably my favorite actress ever, and I thought she had amazing chemistry with Michael, as well as with everyone else.

But yeah, the Unending scene was rather cringe-inducing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X