Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
    I was wondering when Joe was gonna do something like this. I mean...I kept reading all the mailbag in his blog and the questions were just getting nasty. At times...it was even difficult to read.

It always frustrated me as to why (IMHO) would people continue to watch a show they do not like. Why must fans who hate the show ruin it for those who love the show? For me...if I don't like a show...I don't watch it. I don't even make comments on shows I don't like. I'm not like that. But...then again that's just me.

I just started to follow Brian J. Smith on Twitter. Now...I am sadden that I won't be able read his tweets anymore.
    Hear, hear!!! I am in 100% complete agreement!!! My sentiments entirely!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
      I was wondering when Joe was gonna do something like this. I mean...I kept reading all the mailbag in his blog and the questions were just getting nasty. At times...it was even difficult to read.

It always frustrated me as to why (IMHO) would people continue to watch a show they do not like. Why must fans who hate the show ruin it for those who love the show? For me...if I don't like a show...I don't watch it. I don't even make comments on shows I don't like. I'm not like that. But...then again that's just me.

I just started to follow Brian J. Smith on Twitter. Now...I am sadden that I won't be able read his tweets anymore.
      I think the majority that are watching don't even like it & are just hoping it gets better & the ones that do like it are actually very few & people are watching due to Stargate in the title. I would expect next season to be dramatically different. But most won't care by then

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
        I think the majority that are watching don't even like it & are just hoping it gets better & the ones that do like it are actually very few & people are watching due to Stargate in the title. I would expect next season to be dramatically different. But most won't care by then
        LMAO, the majority of people watching don't post anywhere online, and let's face it - fans don't rack up the ratings anyway. And the ratings are pretty damned strong.

Furthermore, there are plenty of people who are watching because they like it, and they are posting. Just because the nay-sayers seem to be more vocal, doesn't mean they really are the majority.
        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
          LMAO, the majority of people watching don't post anywhere online, and let's face it - fans don't rack up the ratings anyway. And the ratings are pretty damned strong.

Furthermore, there are plenty of people who are watching because they like it, and they are posting. Just because the nay-sayers seem to be more vocal, doesn't mean they really are the majority.
          A British producer once said 'If a few people actually take the time and write in and complain about something, well, that means a lot of people are thinking the same thing!'

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
            A British producer once said 'If a few people actually take the time and write in and complain about something, well, that means a lot of people are thinking the same thing!'

I agree, a producer should worry when viewers don't even bother to complain about their work.

Comment

Yes, but many producers and directors know that people are more likely to complain then praise. So, what's your point?

It's impossible to prove that more people don't like the show then those who do... because frankly, we have way less then 5% of the viewing public posting here. So, suggesting that the vocal haters speak for any majority - fan or otherwise - is frankly overstating.

In the end, it really boils down to this - we can only speak for ourselves, not for the vast majority.
              Last edited by Deevil; 01 November 2009, 05:35 AM.
              Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

I knew there was negativity and hate for the show like on GW and the SyFy forums two of the main forum discussions on the net. However I did not think it was this bad. Getting a reaction from the producers and actors like this must mean things have gotten very bad.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade
                  There has been character bashing going on (and rightfully so, imo), but I have yet to see actor bashing. I think deep down the writers and producers of SGU are feeling guilty for letting actors Brian J. Smith and Elyse Levesque down, and are now, as usual, trying to shift attention to the fans when, in fact, they are simply responding to what has been presented to them.
                  I dont know about Elyse but i've seen/heard some really bad stuff said to/about Brian.

Comment

Yes, but many producers and directors know that people are more likely to complain then praise. So, what's your point?
                    I've just had a couple of glasses of wine so let's see if I can work out what my point was

Oh yeah! This. That if there are people actually taking time out of their everyday lives to let the producer know that they're not happy about a certain aspect(s) of a show, then, there will definitely be a lot of people, who aren't involved in fandom, don't check out forums etc. that will be feeling the same way...and they will eventually wander off from that particular show to watch/do something else. Hence, it would be wise for producers not to dismiss such criticism but give it some thought.

It works the other way to. If a lot of people have praise for a show then...well...you get my drift I guess!

Comment

And think about how this bad stuff, mouthing off to the actors and about them, is going to reflect negatively on the fandom. These young actors, who don't have the experience of fandom that others have may shy away from conventions now.

From being open to the fandom. It's amazing how quickly these things can do damage.

Comment

It works the other way to. If a lot of people have praise for a show then...well...you get my drift I guess!

So your point is simple, the vocal people don't speak for everyone?!? 'Cause that's what I have been sayin' ya know .

Mind you, if I was a producer of Stargate I wouldn't put too much stock in fan complaints. Fans complain about everything, whether something major or something small like a patch or a haircut. People have been complaining about the show/franchise for as long as I remember, and yet, it was still successful.

Comment

So your point is simple, the vocal people don't speak for everyone?!? 'Cause that's what I have been sayin' ya know .
                          Ha! You mess with my brain you do!

I'm just saying that the producers shouldn't be dismissive of criticism from people on forums etc. and should take it all on board...on the chin...whatever...and think about addressing it...because that means more people are thinking the same thing but have never written in about it!

It's true the vocal people don't speak for everyone...but they are a sampling!

Comment

I'm just saying that the producers shouldn't be dismissive of criticism from people on forums etc. and should take it all on board...on the chin...whatever...and think about addressing it...because that means more people are thinking the same thing but have never written in about it!

It's true the vocal people don't speak for everyone...but they are a sampling!

They so should not take the criticism on board! A fan run show is not something that would be good in any way.

And honestly, for every complaint there is someone praising it (maybe not as vocally and in 1000 different threads)... so really should they actually listen to the complaints more then the praise?

Or should they keep on making the show they are, with ratings that reflect that it is being well received?

Comment

I think we all saw this happening. Some people have a hard time disassocating work with the actors themselves. And it saddens me. And not just for Stargate fandom but society in general. Because I think this problem is bigger then angry Stargate fans. I think its more that people get angry and always feel their anger is someone elses' fault. A scapegoat if you will. So if we reduce that theory to just fandom. Mallozzi makes a scapegoat of all their Stargate angere rather its justified or appriotate. Which in a lot of times it isn't. The biggest problem is we are faceless people. I could call you all blabbing morons and have no repercusions because no one on the Internet knows me in RL. That is the other problems. Its easier (note: I don't mean its right) to insult over the Internet because their are no real consquences. As much as I am sorry and think its wrong that Brian J. Smith recieves all this hate its not liable to change.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                                Easy?

Really?

ONE guy. One guy who she'd apparently bonded with.
                                She bonded alright, and just a couple of days after her father committed suicide. I think that qualifies as easy, not to mention insane.

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                                Yes Scott is Promiscuous - but then, have you met many young military officers?
                                The point is, that's not the kind of behavior to be expected from an officer tied to Stargate Command. As O'Neill said in Proving Ground, "not everyone is cut out to go off world." Is Stargate Command accepting anyone these days?

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                                I dont know about Elyse but i've seen/heard some really bad stuff said to/about Brian.
                                Link, please?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X