Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, 2 pitches.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15;6910539[b
      Aylana a ecrit: “ Cela pourrait être sympa de voir Sheppard et Teyla manger une "tartiflette" ou un "gratin dauphinois"!! Vous connaissez?”[/b]

Reponse: J'ai mangé un tartiflette l'autre jour. C’etait delicieux.

Translation please.
      Aylana wrote: “It would be cool to see Sheppard and Teyla eat "tartiflette" (a dish made with potatoes, bacon and cheese) or "gratin dauphinois"!! Do you know these dishes?”[/b]

Answer: I ate tartiflette the other day. It was delicious.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
      Okay, obviously I missed something. I thought JF's episode was moved to season 5 because it was too similar to something already being done in season 4. Did he pitch two stories?
      Yup. He pitched a story that they really liked and started breaking etc in the writers' room but which they ultimately decided had elements too similar to a Season 4 ep already in the works so that eo got pushed back to Season 5. They are however still working on another (2nd) ep that JF pitched.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        Aylana wrote: “It would be cool to see Sheppard and Teyla eat "tartiflette" (a dish made with potatoes, bacon and cheese) or "gratin dauphinois"!! Do you know these dishes?”[/b]

Answer: I ate tartiflette the other day. It was delicious.

Yup. He pitched a story that they really liked and started breaking etc in the writers' room but which they ultimately decided had elements too similar to a Season 4 ep already in the works so that eo got pushed back to Season 5. They are however still working on another (2nd) ep that JF pitched.
        In regards to story pitching... exact quotes from JM's blog so nothing gets misconstrued...

2/26 Cowpants writes: “ Do the actors and actresses ever come to the writers and offer up plot suggestions? More importantly, do you ever follow the suggestions?”Answer: 3) Yup. We’re receptive to input from the cast. Jason just came by the office today and tossed out some ideas. As it turns out, one of the ideas he was pitching was very close to the episode, Reunion, which will be episode #3 of season 4.

4/11 Anonymous #5 writes: “You have promised some Shep whump - which I am assuming is physcial - can we expect any emotional whump or team angst.”Answer: Joe Flanigan pitched out an idea for a very angst Sheppard episode that the fans are going to LOVE and that Carl Binder will be writing. It’s a terrific idea and Carl is the perfect person to write it. Very, very, very cool. And, incidentally, it will address an issue fans have been discussing since - well, the late back half of season three.

4/20 Spent the day spinning - Alan’s story which is looking more like a third part to the mid-season two-parter. Another revelation in a season full of surprises, an unlikely alliance, and things develop for Teyla. We also discussed Carl’s new story which we’ll probably break next week - potential for a lot of nice character moments in this one. And for those of you asking - after much heated discussion, it was decided that the story Joe Flanigan pitched had elements that were too similar to stories already in the works. As a result, this story will be pushed to season five.

4/21 Sheppard’s Delight writes: “Oh I am also sorry to hear that JF's idea has been put back to s5. For some reason I had assumed(probably incorrectly) that this may have included some of the back story for Shep that we so crave.”Answer: Although we never got around to actually spinning it in great detail, there were no plans to include backstory elements in this particular story.

6/01 There’s the other Earth-based episode Joe F. pitched out. The return-of-that-character two-parter with its Fargo-esque first part, the big team-up eppy, and the puzzle piece. AND, Rob has promised us his director’s cut of The Ark of Truth.

6/02 PG15 writes: “I thought Joe Flanigan's pitch has been pushed to Season 5? Has it been "reinstated"?”Answer: Nope. Different pitch.

7/19 Rebecca writes: “Can you give any hints about the Flanigan-pitched story?”Answer: No new details until Monday when we’re scheduled to start breaking it.
        Last edited by prion; 20 July 2007, 05:45 AM.

Comment

July 20th

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...y-20-2007.html

talks about casting calls. No mailbag.

Comment

Here's an exerpt:

The auditions we sit through are of varied quality - some great, some terrible, and much in between. If the performance is problematic but we see potential, we may ask an individual to repeat the scene, perhaps directing them toward an alternate take, maybe giving them another shot at nailing that line they flubbed on their first attempt. For instance, today, the line was: “Same as you. Scavenging the ruins of a dead world.” but the actor forgot the line halfway through his delivery, so we gave him another shot. He started: “Same as you. Scavenging…Damn, can I start again?” “Sure,”we said and he took it from the top. “Same as you. Scavenging…” “The ruins - “prompted Sean Cossey our casting director. “The ruins…”he repeated. Beat. “Of a dead world,”Sean filled in the blank. “Scavenging the ruined lost world,”finished the actor. Close enough. “Great,”I said. “Thanks for coming in.”
            So we know that that line there is in "Kindred Part 1". Another piece of the puzzle!

Comment

Thanks for clearing this up for me everyone. Here's hoping JF's ideas actually make it to the screen this time.
              sigpic
              sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                Here's an exerpt:

So we know that that line there is in "Kindred Part 1". Another piece of the puzzle!
                Is it just me, or does that line scream "red-shirt"?
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana
                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

It screams "alien" to me, like an alien guy coming up to Shep and his team while they're on a dead world.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                    Thanks for clearing this up for me everyone. Here's hoping JF's ideas actually make it to the screen this time.
                    Well, and in their original format and not vastly rewritten Don't think I'll hold my breath

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...y-21-2007.html

July 21...Go read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!!

Photos: Martin Gero, Carl Binder, and JM at Feenie's...a restaurant, in case you're wondering. And yes, food is also pictured.

Write-Up: Sheppard backstory? Why...probably:

We spent the better part of the morning spinning Joe F.’s notion into the actual beginnings of a story. Due to a schedule sleight-of-hand, Marty G. will be taking a break from that troubled trio script to tackle this one. We discussed the basic premise, the type of story to tell, and also started hashing out some of the Sheppard backstory. What brings Sheppard back to Earth? Who goes with him? Which individuals from his past will put in an appearance? What’s at issue? How will the action progress? Although we didn’t get around to actually breaking the story, we’re all pretty happy with the direction we’ve taken.
                      More stuff on The Kindred and Adrift? Most definitely:

The afternoon was dedicated to notes (Sci Fi on Kindred I and the writers on Alan’s rewrite of Kindred II), and the Day One Mix of Adrift (spectacular visual effets + heartfelt character moments + funny moments = best season premiere ever).
                      And finally, a good ole' fashioned restaurant review.

Questions:

PG15 writes: “1). How many scenes does a typical episode usually have? 2). That Caldwell-Shep scene; it's in Kindred Part 1, yes?”

Answers: 1) It really depends on the script. 2) Yup.

Shawna writes: “I wonder if you could give me a little advice. What would be a good show to write a spec script for if I'm in LA and trying to find an agent?”

Answer: That depends on what kind of writing you want to do: drama, comedy, scifi?

Anonymous #1 writes: “ Just out of curiosity, how do select the posts to which you respond. It seems like, you almost avoid some people, while responding regularly to others.”

Answer: I will dedicate a blog entry to this topic either tomorrow or the day after.

Anonymous #2 writes: “Has that IP turned into a YES or no yet Joe?”

Answer: Huh?

Anonymous #3 writes: “So how does one actually go about auditioning for a tv show? Do you need an agent or something like that?”

Answer: Our casting director, Sean Cossey, puts out the character breakdowns to the various agencies and they will recommend suitable clients for the audition.

Edward4th writes: “What part were you auditioning?”

Answer: We were auditioning for five different roles.

Crh writes: “Have you ever seen an audition and known right off the bat that that was the person you wanted?”

Answer: Sometimes. And sometimes a person does such a great job it ensures they don‘t get the role. More to the point, they are so good that, rather than using them in the smaller role they‘re auditioning for, I prefer to keep them in mind for a much meatier future role. This happened a couple of years ago when we were auditioning for a Nurse. The character had three lines and one of the actresses who came in to audition was excellent. She was so good, in fact, that I thought we’d be crazy to burn her on such a small role when we could bring her back for something bigger down the line. A month later, we were auditioning for that much bigger part and I gave Sean a call. “Hey, Sean, remember that actress who auditioned for the role of the nurse?” “Sorry, she’s unavailable,”Sean informed me. “She’s in Hawaii shooting a pilot.” As it turned out - The pilot: Lost. The actress: Evangeline Lilly.

Comment

Wow! Now I'm wondering what role they were considering her for?
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          “Sorry, she’s unavailable,”Sean informed me. “She’s in Hawaii shooting a pilot.” As it turned out - The pilot: Lost. The actress: Evangeline Lilly.
                          oh lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            Wow! Now I'm wondering what role they were considering her for?
                            Sora, Chaya, the girl from The Brotherhood. It has to be one of those.
                            sigpic
                            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                              Sora, Chaya, the girl from The Brotherhood. It has to be one of those.
                              Why do you think it was an Atlantis part? Not that it couldn't have been. *just curious*
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                                Why do you think it was an Atlantis part? Not that it couldn't have been. *just curious*
                                Isn't JM mostly associated with SGA? I thought he was. I didn't know he was also part of writing for SG1, but since I've hardly watched SG1, my knowledge is limited.

Could have been SG1.
                                sigpic
                                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X