This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor DVD Set Question:

For those of you who have purchased the DVD Stargate SG-1 sets I have a minor thing that has been bugging me for a while--and I'm just curious to figure out what it is.

On season three, (your fifth disc), Episode 18: Shades of Grey. In the disc menu, when you select the episode, and it takes you into the submenu (which always has a picture on the screen of a scene within the episode) mine shows a picture of this odd tribal guy with war paint and an odd horned helmet thing on--however, in the episode--there is no such character, and frankly, the episode has nothing to do with it. Anyone else see this same thing?

My brother recently purchased the 1st 6 seasons on DVD for a good price. And I allready noticed that on multiple DVD's the image don't always match.

On one occasion (the To'kra two-parter) the order of the episode were changed. This way the 2-parter would be spread over 2 DVD's. That's nice for the people who buy the loose DVD's instead of the season boxes.

R.

Comment

Hrmm..you must have a diff. kind of set--my Tok'ra two parter is on the same DVD.

Comment

You probably live in different countries. When talking about DVDs, it's always a good idea to mention the Region # of your disk or where you live.
        Rocky

Comment

Well I live in Virginia of the USA--how do I find the Region # Where is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike13294
            Well I live in Virginia of the USA--how do I find the Region # Where is it?
            Well, North American DVDs are Region 1 discs. The Region number can normally be found on the back of a DVD case.
            Rocky

Comment

Ok well--to better any further responses I get towards my original intended topic: I guess I have R1 (can't find where on the back it says), but I bought them from Amazon.com and I'm in North America

Comment

Ok well--to better any further responses I get towards my original intended topic: I guess I have R1 (can't find where on the back it says), but I bought them from Amazon.com and I'm in North America
                I think it's the bottom left or right, but I don't have any of my discs handy right now, so I can't check.
                Rocky

Comment

For those of you who have purchased the DVD Stargate SG-1 sets I have a minor thing that has been bugging me for a while--and I'm just curious to figure out what it is.

On season three, (your fifth disc), Episode 18: Shades of Grey. In the disc menu, when you select the episode, and it takes you into the submenu (which always has a picture on the screen of a scene within the episode) mine shows a picture of this odd tribal guy with war paint and an odd horned helmet thing on--however, in the episode--there is no such character, and frankly, the episode has nothing to do with it. Anyone else see this same thing?
                  Yeah,I asked the same thing quite a way back.This is what I was told .
                  Do you remember when the "rouge" team went to that planet with O'Neill to retrieve that "stealth device" out of that cave?They mentioned the natives [& planet] were protected by the "Asgard"[the device was Asgard tech].They also mentioned the name of the natives,but I can't remember it.
                  Anyway,apparently they shot some footage with the natives[hence the picture]but decided not to use it.For some reason the picture of the native was used for th DVD set.I don't know if it was a goof,or a blatant attempt to mess with our heads
                  nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Working...
                  X