Stargate Down Under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, thats really nice.

And ford, I didnt think it was necessary to post that, it was only a press junket. And it is the
    Spoiler:
    deddy set. Thats what they call it because the daedalus was the first ship to use that set. Oh, and the lights change colour lol

Question, which earth ship do you like best colour wise? Id have to say the daedalus. I love the green map and the whole feel it gives.
    sigpic
    By *E*K*R*

Comment

JM Blog: No mailbag today.
      Spoiler:
      Alas, I’m still a long way off as I struggle over the proper turn of phrase that will allow me my seamlessly segue from Keller’s comment on Teyla to McKay’s reaction to McKay tracking down Teyla in the mess for their conversation. Seriously. How hard can that be? Well, plenty hard when you keep being distracted by Carl Binder and his seemingly endless outlines for his Midway episode. What are we up to now? Eleven? “This was great!”Marty G. congratulated him after reading his latest pass. “I feel you’re only two outlines from going to script!” In the end, we signed off on both Carl and Alan’s outlines and, to ensure that Martin have something to work on/have a miserable hiatus as well, we started discussing his secret episode - let’s call it Foxy Loxy with Floppy Socksies. Now I realize that, on the surface, this may seem like a ridiculous joke title designed to send fans off on a frustratingly fruitless search for hidden meaning, but the question I posit is: “Is it?” Yeah, probably. Or is it? Again, yeah. BUT - you never know!

The movies are wrapped and as Brad heads anxiously awaits Martin Wood’s director’s cut of Continuum, Rob has finished up his producer edits of The Ark of Truth. Regarding the latter, I predict fans will be exceptionally pleased with the scope of the movie that will tie up some outstanding loose ends. Kudos to Rob Cooper on the writing/directing/producing trifecta. Now if he could only learn to compose his own music and edit, he could produce the next movie from the relative comfort of his own basement. And to all you Boston Legal fans out there, check out Assistant D.A. Frank Ginsberg’s turn (aka Currie Graham to friends and family) as one of the many thorns in our heroes’ side in this memorable intergalactic outing. Apparently, he and Tim Guinee (Tomin) are good friends and had a great time working together. As for Continuum - well, the dailies looked great and we look forward to seeing something soon.

And some pics of the boat set in Continuum.
      http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/

And from Stargate Solutions:
      Spoiler:
      Scifi.com continues their tribute to the end of SG-1 as a series at their countdown site. On their “Best Episode” poll, the top 4 were: Shades of Grey, Window of Opportunity, Lost City Part 2, and Abyss. As it so often does, Window of Opportunity took the top honors. The site continues with other contests, such as “Top 10 Moments,” and it’s clear whoever chose those candidates is knowledgeable viewer of SG-1!

In the cast farewells area, video goodbyes from Amanda Tapping and Ben Browder are now up. Tapping talks about her favorite scenes and the evolution of Carter into a warm, well-rounded, fun person. She likes it when Carter makes mistakes, as long as they are honest mistakes. A main thing she learned working on the show was to not compromise yourself. “Nobody’s gonna think you’re a ***** as long as you’re being honest.”

Browder said the moment that best reflects Mitchell was in Camelot when he nearly passed out in the mud from exhaustion. Mitchell is someone who pushes past the edge, although he is learning to dial it back somewhat. He talked about how acquaintances still only know SG-1 as “McGyver’s show”. He said Mitchell will “get his ass whooped” in the first movie and gets to do interesting stuff in the second. He compared Crichton to Mitchell and noted that Mitchell does not have a private life that it more important than his job. Browder seems to enjoy the crazy stuff he gets to do on set.

All of the farewell videos are worth a look if you have a high-speed connection!
      http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=870
      sigpic
      By *E*K*R*

Comment

Hey all! Thanks eddie. i was busy this afternoon, was over a friends place playing 4 player wii. SO MUCH FUN!.

Comment

hehe Thanks Eddie - I normally shy away from the spoiler tags but I'm glad I actually read that one

Oooh 4 player Wii - sounds dangerous Most I've ever done is 2 player and where Tennis/Boxing is concerned that can be bad hehe
          "But I want to do community service, I want to teach the handicapped how to yodel"

Comment

Thanks Eddie...
            I'm currently watching Urgo...
            I miss Maybourne so much, i watched Foothold just before and ....*sighs* i miss him
            its so weird to go back and watch earlier episodes, it feels so different, almost like a different show...(not that thats a bad thing)
            sigpic

Comment

My favourite part of going back and watching the earlier episodes is seeing Sam and Daniels hairstyles change hehe You can pick the year the ep was originally shot by the hair and makeup
              "But I want to do community service, I want to teach the handicapped how to yodel"

Comment

JM BLOGS:

Spoiler:
                http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...e-21-2007.html

Well, I’m pleased to report that we made some headway on Martin’s script, Foxy Loxy with Floppy Socksies (Think about it! All the clues you need are right in the title!), hashing out some of the major beats and act breaks in an episode that promises to be a lot of fun. Once that was done, I wandered over to Stage 3 where Rob was shooting one of the outstanding scenes for The Ark of Truth. I snapped some pics of the big gun, then turned around and noticed everyone had donned protective gear for their ears. My cue to leave. Always a good idea before the shooting starts.

Catching up on the viewer mail…

Steph writes: “Out of all the character driven episodes, which one are you most proud of/looking forward to/etc?”

Answer: I can’t really pick one. There are a number of very interesting candidates: Reunion, Missing, Miller’s Crossing, Be All My Sins Remember’d, Quarantine.

Anonymous #1 writes: “If you have an extra spot to fill for Season Four, will you guys consider filling it with your shelved Carson story?”

Answer: Given the stories we’ve developed so far, that particular story no longer makes sense in the grand scheme of things.

Copernicus writes: “1) Are you guys writing with the possibility of no season five in mind? That is to say, would you be able to wrap up SGA to your liking without significantly changing the back half of season 4 if it came down to it? 2) If you do hit season 5, and I hope you do, would you consider upping the number of episodes you make that year?
                3) If you hit season 5 and are looking for an episode or two that isn't from your writing staff, would you be so kind as to let us know? I work quite cheap.

Answers: 1) We will be ending the season as planned. 2) That’s a network call. 3) Will keep you in mind.

Ben writes: “Any plans for a "Future" episode of Atlantis, akin to SG1's "2010"? A kind of "What if?" episode, those are always interesting.”

Answer: Heh. Funny you should say that…

Comment

NEWS FROM SG SOLUTIONS!

Spoiler:
                  http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=871

Robert C. Cooper and Brad Wright have finished filming their two direct-to-DVD movies, Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate: Continuum, both currently in post-production and set for a fall release. Recent news from both producers and actors Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping seem to point to more movies on the way, with an official announcement coming soon:
                  Robert C. Cooper

Source: SCI FI WIRE: “SG-1 Ends, Begins on DVD” by Melissa J. Perenson

SG-1 ran for 10 successful seasons. We’ve ended that run on SCI FI, and now we’re continuing the story with those characters. Our DVD packages sell so well that, if the movies sell as well as the series sells, it’s going to be a tremendous success. And MGM [which produces the series] will eagerly want more.

Brad Wright

Source: Solutions Blog: “SG-1 Spoilers: Wright Talks About ‘Continuum’”

I think the movies are at least going to have that hungry, receptive audience, and if they do very well, [then] there’s absolutely nothing wrong with continuing the franchise by doing a couple of movies a year.

Michael Shanks

Source: Michael Shanks’ TV Guide Blog: “Hatin’”

There is already talk of [doing] some more of these SG-1 movies, so keep your [fingers] crossed….

Amanda Tapping

Source: Sympatico@msn: “Goodbye ‘Stargate SG-1?” by Greg David:

TVG: Michael Shanks has said that it sounds like there will be more SG-1 movies. Are you hearing that too?

AT: Yeah, we’re hearing that. I think there will be an announcement soon, but it certainly looks that way. I think the formula is pretty successful, and our DVD sales – especially in Europe – do well. It’s makes sense to do them.

Keep up with the latest news on the SG-1 movies here at Solutions with our SG-1 Movie guides.

MORE NEWS FROM SG SOLUTIONS:

Spoiler:
                  http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=872

Along with the airing of Stargate SG-1 series finale “Unending”, Michael Shanks has entered his final post at his TV Guide blog. He talks about how much the last ten years have meant to him, especially about the friendships he’s formed as the cast and crew produced over 200 episodes of ‘gating adventures.

He closes with “So, as we say goodbye, and move on to whatever happens next, I leave you with these borrowed words: “Life is too short.” I aim to really enjoy the rest of my years. Hopefully, as much as I’ve enjoyed the last 10.”

Read the full entry at: “Unending”.

Comment

NEWS FROM SCIFI WIRE:

Spoiler:
                    Tapping Eager To Join Atlantis

Stargate SG-1 star Amanda Tapping, who joins SCI FI Channel's spinoff series Stargate Atlantis next season, told SCI FI Wire she's still enthusiastic about playing Col. Samantha Carter even after 10 seasons.

"It's been great, " Tapping said last week during a spate of publicity in Vancouver, Canada. "It's kind of an embarrassment of riches for me at the moment. The fact that my character moved over to Atlantis [makes her] a completely different character for me now. Carter being in charge, having her own command, changes her character so much that it's not at all boring. It doesn't feel like I'm playing the same Carter.

In Atlantis' upcoming fourth season (spoilers ahead!), Carter takes over the multinational team, replacing Torri Higginson's Dr. Elizabeth Weir, whose fate is uncertain. (The season finale of Atlantis, "First Strike," airs June 22 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.)

Carter's new assignment is unlike any other she's ever taken, Tapping said. "She's in command now, as opposed to being in Sam's comfort zone, which was being part of the hierarchy of the military and being in a subordinate position," she said.

Known as the brainiac of SG-1, Carter will now need to rely more on the expertise around her, including Lt. Col. John Sheppard (Joe Flanigan). "She understands Sheppard's military expertise, and even though she may have the same amount of military expertise, it's not in this galaxy. She's never fought the Wraith before, so she defers to him a lot. She defers to [Dr. Rodney] McKay [played by David Hewlett] and his scientific expertise in the Pegasus galaxy. And then Teyla [Rachel Luttrell] and Ronon [Jason Momoa] are complete unknowns to her, so she really has to make her way with them."

After more than a decade in the Stargate SG-1 universe, it didn't take Tapping long to nail down the differences between the two shows. "SG-1 is a bit more irreverent, I think," Tapping said. "SG-1 has a certain sense of humor to it, and even though we're stuck on Earth on a military base, ... we're more accessible because we're present-day human beings on Earth. Whereas Atlantis has a bit more otherworldly feel to it, and it's a bit darker, in a lot of ways." The series finale of Stargate SG-1, "Unending," airs June 22 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Stargate Atlantis returns with all-new episodes later this year. —Melissa J. Perenson

Comment

about news:
                      Spoiler:
                      well weve gotton final confirmation, MOVE OVER WEIR CARTERS COMMING IN! *pokes weir with stick*... very sad.

Comment

^
                        Spoiler:
                        I know it is sad (especially for those who are losing their favourite character) and I really liked Weir, but I also really like Carter. So i'm pretty optimistic about the changes in some ways, but i do wish we could still keep Weir...*also pokes Weir with stick*
                        Who here is fine with the changes?/ Kind of unsure about the changes/Are hating the changes?
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          It is sad.
                          But at the same time... *whacks Weir hard with a stick*
                          Carter is coming! Make way, make way!

I'm neutral to the changes, as long as its Stargate then I'll love the show. I do like Carter better but if Weir stayed and Carter didn't come, that'd be good too. We've had 10 good years with Carter already. They would have to make Weirs character grow a lot though, she always seemed very much in the background. So I think I understand why they made the decision.
                          Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidKal View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            It is sad.
                            But at the same time... *whacks Weir hard with a stick*
                            Carter is coming! Make way, make way!

Originally posted by LiquidKal View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm neutral to the changes, as long as its Stargate then I'll love the show. I do like Carter better but if Weir stayed and Carter didn't come, that'd be good too. We've had 10 good years with Carter already. They would have to make Weirs character grow a lot though, she always seemed very much in the background. So I think I understand why they made the decision.
                            Good points and i agree with all of that!
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              I agree with Brad about the weir in the background bit.

But i think its a bi rude to kick tori off the show just because Amanda has one year left on the contract. they could have had both of them. or at least make weir unavailable for S4 then bring her back once carter leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                I agree with Brad about the weir in the background bit.

But i think its a bi rude to kick tori off the show just because Amanda has one year left on the contract. they could have had both of them. or at least make weir unavailable for S4 then bring her back once carter leaves.
                                Spoiler:
                                Yer i see where your coming from, i think it was rude to kick Torri off but they didn’t kick Tori off because of Amanda, they decided to get rid of the Weir character because they didn’t feel she was working out, and they then had to choose someone to replace her...which i think they had three choices and they ended up going with Amanda because she had the one year left on her contract and i guess its easier than working with a complete stranger...In some ways i wish they could have both of them, but in other ways i'm happy to see Carter in a major leadership position...i think it will be interesting to see how it plays out
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X