Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be curious to see just how advanced a goa'uld brain is. I mean, it has to be the size of what, a grape? And yet a symbiote can remember hundreds to thousands of years of life plus a general genetic memory? Or do they use the host's brain as a storage device for excess memories? I should think that'd be kind of dangerous. You wouldn't want to store anything important in an outside brain because if anything happened to it, you'd be screwed.

But then, how come rescued hosts don't complain about "that memory of swimming around and around and around..." or "getting shoved into that Jaffa' pouch! Ugh!" Most of them, in fact, have only scattered goa'uld memories and only from the time the goa'uld was occupying his/her body.

Comment

Yes, it is truly fascinating.

For its size, a Goa'uld brain must be extremely dense and extremely efficient, and the product of biological evolution over a relatively short thousands of years, if not longer. Something interesting I thought up is the following: you know how they have many tales of Egyptian and other ancient scribes who memorized many scrolls by rote and have what we would nowadays call "photographic memory"? Maybe they were all Goa'uld! For example, wasn't Apophis' host originally a humble scribe or something? I think that was mentioned in one eppy but I'm not sure.

The Goa'uld interfaces with the human brain, but it takes it over so conceivably, maybe the Goa'uld has a biological way to use the human as backup if necessary (the "blending" of Tok'ra would seem to support this idea of shared memories), but can delete the memories if the snakeything is compromised.

I wonder if Tok'ra, Asgard, or any others have been working on a device to be able to extract Goa'uld memories. We know Goa'uld can do it to humans and Asgard at least with spikey balls and interface it into the ship's computer, so maybe the process can be adapted?
      Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
      more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I have a theory - theory 6f - that the Goa'uld not only use their host's brain for much of their data processing and storage (note that Goa'uld in Unas hosts seem to be pretty basic in their thinking) but also their bodies for manufacturing their genetic memory strands. That's why a host retains memories that the symbiote never accessed during their tenancy and a harcesis has genetic memory; that memory is held in the host's DNA.

Once manufactured, the mimetic DNA is absorbed back into the symbiote, which is how it retains memory across hosts and passes memory onto its children. On the other hand, the mimetic DNA in the host body explains how a Goa'uld in a male host could pass his heritage onto a Goa'uld child through the genetic code of his host.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
          I have a theory - theory 6f - that the Goa'uld not only use their host's brain for much of their data processing and storage (note that Goa'uld in Unas hosts seem to be pretty basic in their thinking) but also their bodies for manufacturing their genetic memory strands. That's why a host retains memories that the symbiote never accessed during their tenancy and a harcesis has genetic memory; that memory is held in the host's DNA.

Once manufactured, the mimetic DNA is absorbed back into the symbiote, which is how it retains memory across hosts and passes memory onto its children. On the other hand, the mimetic DNA in the host body explains how a Goa'uld in a male host could pass his heritage onto a Goa'uld child through the genetic code of his host.
          Bit like the way a virus uses a host bacteria to create duplicates of itself by inserting its own DNA?
          [email protected]
          http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
          One nation under dog
          There of which I stand alone
          A face in the crowd
          Unsung, against the mold
          Without a doubt
          Singled out
          The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
            Bit like the way a virus uses a host bacteria to create duplicates of itself by inserting its own DNA?
            More like the way a computer program uses other sectors of memory to write information.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet

Dude, that post was awesome. I wonder if the writers/producers have worked it all out this deeply? I would venture to guess that this forum would be a great place to get some of that "technobabble" they need for the show. If anybody's got Stargate theory all worked out and dissected, this would be it.

~Polyglot

Comment

i tend to think that the queen gives names to her/its offspring. in the ep Cure the Queen obviously has full control over what she passes on and the DNA of the larvae.
                Jack:"Oh I don't know I just can't imagine cute little furry things making big powerful weapons"
                Jonas:"I don't even know what they look like"
                Jack:"Furling, sounds cute and fuzzy to me"
                --Paradise Lost 615
                Thor: "We can only hope this is the last footwear to fall"
                --Unnatural Selection 612
                Jack: I'm Larry, this is (points to Sam) Moe, and of course everybody's favorite (referring to Daniel) Curly.
                --Seth 302

"Nu ani Anquiatas" - "We are the ancients"

Comment

It's all so confusing !
                  Do you reckon the writers have even bothered to think about in this much detail? There's probably some totally simple explanation for it all, that we havnt thought of...
                  maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by iluuuuuvjack
                    It's all so confusing !
                    Do you reckon the writers have even bothered to think about in this much detail? There's probably some totally simple explanation for it all, that we havnt thought of...
                    maybe...
                    Maybe it's all just a huge coincidence....

Comment

Working...
                    X