Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding The Scourge, formerly known as "The Blight" FKA "the off-world ambassadors" story. In one of your earlier blogs you said, "I think the linchpin is the Chinese ambassador ..."

What exactly did you mean by linchpin? Did you mean she was the linchpin in terms of getting all the pieces to fall into place and getting the story to work for you, or did you mean that she was the linchpin in terms of the actual story?

Thanks

SueS

PS - loved Avalon Part 1. Can't wait for Part 2 and Origin, and can't wait to see what you do with Daniel and Vala in The Ties That Bind.

PPS - Rose Petal Ice Cream

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
      Rick will no longer be an executive producer on the show.
      This response, and the lack of a Gekko Film Corp. credit on the SG-1 season premiere, begs the question:

What is Michael Greenburg up to these days?
      Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
        I don't know if we'll ever find out. Sadly, the Furlings have gone the way of the Tollan and, apparently, my Gateworld blog.
        Hi Joe,

My question is; What happened to your Gateworld blog? My mind is thinking negative thoughts since the Tollan were Annihilated!

I love your blog, and I want to try your ice cream.

Wendy
        Hugs
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Hey Joe, just wondering whats the story with the whole wraith-salt water thing. I ask because of the Seige III.

PS job very well done on the new eps.

Comment

Hi joe I think this question everybody wants tobe answered. Its about the stargate movie. Now that startrek and starwars have ended their runs there is a huge void in the scifi genre. This has now left a huge void that stargate can fill. I know you have thought about making dvd movies but with this huge void,and hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars left on the table by scifi fansbecause there is nothing to fill it will you reconsider making a full feature theatrical release movie of stargate? Im sure with NBC universal with flagging movie sales and a need for a great movie franchise they would drool at the chance to make a stargate movie. If stargate becomes a phemonama like startrek or star wars, will you still stay with stargate? Or will you decide to use opportunity to make diffrent movies and tv series?
            thankyou

Comment

I have a question about timing.

At the beginning of Siege 2, Col. Everett said to Dr. Weir that "General O'Neill sends his compliments...", that the ZPM was being transported up to the Daedalus as he spoke and that they would need to hold off the Wraith until the Daedalus arrived, which would be within 4 days.

But, at the beginning of Avalon, it's been 2 years since Lost City, Landry's moving in at the SGC and they're ABOUT to launch the Daedalus (and they don't seem to be in much of a rush to do so).

Do you see my confusion here? It's fairly clear that the two show's timelines aren't synchonized with each other at the beginning of the season because Siege 3 happens mere minutes after Siege 2 ends...and Avalon takes place several months after Moebius 2 ends (to make it 2 years from Lost City)...but then, how is it that the Daedalus is ABOUT to be launched in Avalon if it was supposedly BEING launched while O'Neill still headed the SGC per Siege 2...unless the Avalon launch is not the first launch? Argh.

I guess my question is...Can you help clear up my considerable confusion??? Furthermore, if/since the timelines for the shows aren't synchronized with each other, when will they be again? I hope my post makes sense...at least to you (I'm still trying to figure it out)...

Thanks (and thank you for great season openers),
              Mary Beth

ON EDIT: In rewatching Avalon tonight, I caught a line I missed before: Daniel:"...this is a portion of the database the Atlantis expedition brought back with them a few weeks ago..." Does this add weight to my conclusion that as of Avalon the SG-1 timeline is at least several weeks ahead of the SGA timeline?
              Last edited by Uber; 19 July 2005, 06:47 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Joe - someone made a good point regarding the lack of spoiler info, or almost any info at all, on Carter leading up to the season opener - as you know there are many Carter fans who are disappointed in the lack of info re: Carter and her storylines and whether she will have strong, heroic story arcs integral to the season 9 story. Without prior info, just small tips would be fine, many might choose not to watch some of the eps. For example, those who may choose not to watch the first 5 eps due to Carter's absence may have missed the Carter interactions in Avalon due to the fact that there was not even a word that Carter would be somehow involved, even though that exact question was asked here on this thread many months ago. Some did get to see it since they are West coast and heard about it from the East coasters but some of the East coasters missed it due to the fact not so much as a "watch Avalon and you will be pleasantly surprised re: Carter" hint.

Do you see this almost total lack of info on Carter and her whereabouts and her backstory for being there and her actual involvement in the central storylines for S9 as a possible detraction since some may choose to forgo the eps and/or the season if Carter is integral to their enjoyment of the show? (I ask because, to some, the lack of info on Carter may create the impression that the character is not going to play a major role and will not have any strong stories central to season 9. So far we only know very limited info about Beach Head and 4th HM out of 15 eps Carter will appear in and nothing about an overall arc for the character.)

As always, thanks for your time.
                Last edited by binkpmmc; 17 July 2005, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Hey joe heres another question that has been really bugging me for awhile. Since you first introduce the asgard, you introduce alittle inticing sentence, the asgard resembled the aliens that crashed in roswell and reported by abductees. I belieave samantha carter said that. You also introduced the idea that in the past asgard like loki abducted humans and that asgard often in the past travel to earth. I was wondering if your finally going to write an episode connecting roswell and asgards? That maybe rougue asgards are indeed on earth and working with another element in our government.

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                  Joe - someone made a good point regarding the lack of spoiler info, or almost any info at all, on Carter leading up to the season opener - as you know there are many Carter fans who are disappointed in the lack of info re: Carter and her storylines and whether she will have strong, heroic story arcs integral to the season 9 story. Without prior info, just small tips would be fine, many might choose not to watch some of the eps. For example, those who may choose not to watch the first 5 eps due to Carter's absence may have missed the Carter interactions in Avalon due to the fact that there was not even a word that Carter would be somehow involved, even though that exact question was asked here on this thread many months ago. Some did get to see it since they are West coast and heard about it from the East coasters but some of the East coasters missed it due to the fact not so much as a "watch Avalon and you will be pleasantly surprised re: Carter" hint.

Do you see this almost total lack of info on Carter and her whereabouts and her backstory for being there and her actual involvement in the central storylines for S9 as a possible detraction since some may choose to forgo the eps and/or the season if Carter is integral to their enjoyment of the show? (I ask because, to some, the lack of info on Carter may create the impression that the character is not going to play a major role and will not have any strong stories central to season 9. So far we only know very limited info about Beach Head and 4th HM out of 15 eps Carter will appear in and nothing about an overall arc for the character.)

As always, thanks for your time.

Comment

Sorry joe, but we have been having a huge huge huge debate in the sga forum. Its very a nerdy question, but its about whose more advanced the wraith or asgards. In the first episode of season 2 you answered it by telling us that the wraith weopens cant penetrate asgard shields even thought it was powered by primitive human power sources, also asgard engines are far superior to wraiths, even though they are powered by human power sources. Though we never saw asgard weopens, I think asgards would kick wraith butts. So my question is who is more advanced and would win fight asgard ships or wraith ships *note 1 wraith warship vs one asgard ship*. Its very controversial because you introduced the wraith as a race so powerful they defeated the ancients. However 1 human ship could withstand 2 wraith fleets. My theory is that you taken from history the idea of Vietnam scenerio or in modern times the Iraq scenerio. In vietnam you had a vastly more powerful and advanced army the Us army vs a very technologically unadvanced foe the vietcong. However the vietcong had the advantage of will to fight and larger army. The Us army won every major battle but lost the war because they lost the will to fight the war. So the viet cong won by defualt.

Comment

Hi!
                      I'm just curious...why, in the opening credits of SG-1 - already a touchy point 'cause they've been cut down so much - did we see the Atlantis wormhole traveller's-eye view? 'Cause this just seemed to add insult to injury; not only are we getting the reduced credits, but the images are from the wrong show!

If you could shed light on what the hell happened here (who was responsible, what's the cast and crew's opinion, who lost a limb over this, etc.) I'd greatly appreciate this.

Yours in asphixiation,
                      The White Knight

P.S. For anyone who wants a reference (and didn't tape/hasn't seen the episode), stargatecaps.com has screencaps from the whole of Avalon, pt 1, and you can see the Atlantis wormhole traveller's eye-view during the opening sequence (direct link here).
                      Last edited by White Knight; 18 July 2005, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Hi Joe!

I see you speak a little Cantonese. Do u by any chance know any Mandarin?
                        (Ni shuo bu shuo putonghua?).
                        I'm learning it at university

Comment

Hi Joe,

Congratulations on the premiers. SG-1 was fabulous and I enjoyed Atlantis as well.

So my question is:

After a season premier night, are you the *most* anxious to see the "professional" reviews (the ones I have read have been mostly positive ), the ratings, or the fan reaction from the net?

Thanks so much for your time,

Jace
                          Last edited by Jace021903; 18 July 2005, 07:45 AM.
                          Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

Hello Joe,

About that new opener ...

Over in another thread, some said that during Comic Con Tony Optican had said that SciFi had asked Brad and Rob to cut the opening down to between 30 and 35 seconds so they could add more show content. When the request was made, the first 5 episodes had already been filmed, so for those episodes the extra
                            time would be used to promote SciFi channel special programing and then starting with 6th episode the shows would run longer. He said they were not using the extra time to sell ads. He also reportedly said it was Brad & Rob who decided to make the opening only 10 secs, and SciFi had asked for a little longer one.

So, any truth to this? Will we be seeing a slightly longer version of SG-1 and Atlantis starting with the sixth episode, or was Tony just doing a fancy song and dance?

SueS

Comment

Hi Joe!

Can you tell us about which episodes have a particular focus on an individual character? Perhaps from later episodes?
                              Spoiler:
                              Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Hi Joe, NICE!! Avalon1 was a surprise even with all the spoilers! And fuuuuuunny! But I missed something, what are Stargates R & D in area 51? Sam seemed to be on a ship so it went over my head.
                                Thank you sir! Love your blog, hope it doesn't go away!
                                Last edited by purpletoo1; 18 July 2005, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X