Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jree
    Do the Mitchell and Carter characters get along well or do they hate each other? It would be different (compared to Carter and O'Neill) if they actually hated each other and might have some potential for comedy and/or drama.
    There are other "strained relationships" in season 9, but that isn't one of them.

Comment

[QUOTE=binkpmmc]
      Originally posted by JMallozzi

Joe - Speaking of cryptic - if I look it up in the dictionary are you mentioned? There have been several items saying Mitchell is in charge - in fairness to the Stargate fans who still hold out hope that Carter will "resume her duties" in her position as leader of SG1 why won't you answer the question about Carter and Mitchell and who will be in charge of SG1 after Carter returns to the team?
      Thanks.
      Its not an issue. If it becomes an issue, then it will certainly be a story point. Until then...

Comment

Originally posted by Sum1
        Hi again Joe,

Is there any chance we'll be seeing Skaara again this season? Since the new enemies are evil ascended beings, and you're bringing back ascended Orlin, it's seemes logical that Skaara could make a comeback after his ascension in "Full Circle".
        No, we won't be seeing Skaara and co. But we will be revisited by another ascended being. Check out The 4th Horseman I and II.

Comment

Originally posted by Klorel
          Hello Joe,
          I would like to thank you for answering our questions. I was wondering if Daniel's grandfather Nicholas Ballard would be brought back into the mix.
          No plans to have Nicky B. pop in anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            hi, joe,

i know that sam returns in beach head, but can you tell me if she's in the entire ep, or just the last few seconds or something?
            sally
            None of our characters are in an "entire episode". Suffice it to say that in this case, Carter will be in the thick of things and not an after-thought.

Comment

Originally posted by belgian
              1: in the pilot of Atlantis i saw a guy with the belgian flag on his jacket.
              Question: is there any change we will be seeing a belgian on the show again ?
              <snipped by moderator>
              i also wanted to thank you for taking the time to answer all our questions, this is one of the many things that make Stargate and Atlantis such great shows, so thanks
              Yup. We'll probably be seeing a Belgian or two.

Comment

Originally posted by SueS
                Speaking of episodes being connected. We have the three part S9 opener (Avalon 1&2 and Origin), the mid-season two-parter (The Fourth Horseman 1&2), and I'm going to assume a two-part season finale. But are there any other consecutive episodes that might be considered a two-parter (or non-consecutive eps that might have a connection), or would you consider the rest of the episodes to be "stand-alones"? If there are any that are connected, I'd like the names of the episodes, please
                SueS
                There are through-lines running through most of the episodes this upcoming season. Some are more arc-driven than others. Those I would classify as true stand-alones would be: The Ties That Bind, Ex Deus Machina, Collateral Damage, and Ethon.

Comment

Originally posted by auenway
                  Hey Joe a TV Guide article about the premiers of SG1 and SGa said that the Ori have a planet size stargate is this true. And if its true what possible use would the Ori have for such a big gate.
                  Good question.

Comment

Originally posted by purpletoo1
                    MARTOUF!! you had to mention that! Why did you kill that wonderful man?
                    Yeah! Who wrote that script?!

Comment

Originally posted by Jordo
                      G'Day Joe,
                      Reading some of your answers has me a little confused. You keep saying the Ori dont have a need for ships therefore have no ships (because the are accended beings or whatever).....but do they have any allies that can challenge us on a corporeal level. I mean...whats this "Lucian Alliance" evryone keeps going on about...do they pose a threat with regards to fleets upon fleets of technologically advanced ships? I guess im just hungry for space battles...i need to be fed!

Thanks, Jordo
                      Space battles a-plenty coming up!

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                        What happened to General Hammond? Will he appear in season 9, because we haven't heard anything about him yet
                        Hammond retired and is currently serving as an advisor to President Hayes. Will he appear in season 9. I've already answered that question today.

Comment

Originally posted by jay
                          hi Joe

any chance of Neil Denis coming back this season to play his characte Rya'c?
                          and are there any plans for Chris Judge or Michael Shanks to write an episode or for Amanda Tapping to direct an episode?
                          None of the above this season.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky277
                            Have you seen the new Battlestar Galactica series? If you have, how do you feel about it? If not, then why have you deprived yourself of such wonderful programming?

Also, when Daniel got back, descended again, he seemed to remember what had happened when he was ascended with Oma and Jim. So does he know now the information he got when he ascended, the all-knowingness. Does he remember any of the information from before Replicarter killed him and unlocked the information in his mind? If he doesn't remember any of this will it be explained why he doesn't but still knows Oma ascended him and what happened there with Jim and everything? Will season 9 touch on a little, lot, or not at all, on his previous ascended adventures and the knowledge Replicarter unlocked.
                            Haven't watched BSG.

The Ancients are very particular about what an "descended" human can and cannot remember. Check out The 4th Horseman I and II.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                              Joe - was Carter in charge/the leader of SG1 in Season 8? Thanks.
                              As the ranking military officer on the team - yes, she was.

Comment

Originally posted by Brianamarie
                                I'm sitting here, watching Moebius (fun ep!), and I'm curious. You guys had to have figured out some of the backstory of the AU SG1, right? Now, we can guess Teal'c is different because there was no SG1 to save him, and Catherine didn't rescue Daniel from the humiliation of academia. But what were the major backstory changes in Carter and O'Neill?
                                That's a (back)story for another AU episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X