Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueS
    Question about the "The off-world ambassador story" - Okay, since Daniel is something of an ambassador, at times, I was wondering if Daniel will be playing a significant role in this episode?

SueS
    As things stand now, he will.

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
      Joe alot of fans have been wondering about the major theme of season 1 and 2 of the ancient alliance of ancients,nox, furlings, and asgards. However after those 2 seasons you seemed to have dropped the entire idea of an ancient alliance. There have been questions related to how this alliance started, how it ended, and how in the timeline between the plague and goulds era it was situated in. I was wondering why you guys dropped the major theme of discovering the ancient alliance, and if you will ever give more hints on its history.
      thankyou joe.
      We will be exploring some of these elements in the upcoming seasons of both shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed
        Hey joe, My question is in relation to SGA. In "before I sleep" A 200 person transport is shot down by the wraith, will we get to see that ship or any other ships other than puddle jumpers?
        Thanks, Dwayne
        Eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
          Howdy Joe. There seems to be no details for Off the Grid, could you provide any. Even one of your patented cryptic responses would be delicious enough.

The title makes me assume it's a "There's a problem with the Stargate" episode, which always kick ass.
          The team goes off-world to investigate "a problem" only to stumble across a "bigger problem". More on the Lucian Alliance. How's that for cryptic?

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r
            Hey Joe,

I have a question regarding the length of the episode 'Threads'.

When I saw it on Sky One, it was 63 minutes, on my DVD it's about 65 mins and somewhere (can't remember where) I read that it was 90 mins long. How long is really? I mean was it 90 mins or was it 60 mins, instead of 43 mins.

As you can tell I'm confused.

Wendy
            Hugs
            There were two versions. A 43 minute or so version (which was actually the 60 min. t.v. version when you factor in commercials) and the 65 or so minute version (that was actually a 90 min. t.v. version with commercials).

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
              Joe heres another question that alot of stargates fan has been wondering, how come you don't do comtempory religion episodes, like stories relating alien influence on the christian, jewish, or even islamic religions? Alot of fans say you are afraid to enter that topic because of fear of backlash of people of those faiths or that executives from your studio has specificically forbidden you from entering that topic in light of todays hieghten religious awareness. In previous episodes you have shown elements of buddhist and native american religions and how aliens interacted with those religions. The basic theme of Stargate was that aliens influenced our religions. You certainly werent afraid of alienating your buddhist fans or native american fans. So why not do an episode showing that aliens interacted in the christian religion or jesus was an ancient episode? If it can be done tastefully and you done it with the buddhist religion why not christianity?
              thankyou
              jason
              No one has put the kibosh on any sort of story except, perhaps, for our own common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan
                Hello Mr. Mallozzi !

I have a question about "Get in the Gate" (the SciFi Channel contest to win walk-on roles on SG-1 and Atlantis). Is this contest opened to the entire world or is it only for the US residents ? And if it's only for American people, do you think the contest will be soon opened to the entire world, let's say ... next year !

Thanks again Joe for answering our questions ! This is great, you're great, your job is great !

Bons baisers de Paris !!!
                We have no input into the Get In the Gate contest. That's SciFi Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Hey Joe...

My question is on the topic of crossovers. Now other than the scheduled crossover of SG-1 characters to SGA, is there a possibility of badguys from one bleeding over to the other? More specifically, I understand that Atlantis will have a snakehead issue this season (too bad not a full infestation )...but is there a chance of the Ori showing up in Atlantis or the Wraith ending up on SG-1?
                  Its possible.

Comment

Hey Joe, I just want to tell you how stoked I am about the new season. I've done my best to avoid spoilers this year and want to thank you for giving me another option. I love how you've been giving us just enough to keep us thirsty for Friday's premiere. I was a little scared before I started reading here. but now I think the next 2 seasons are going to be spectacular.
                    -Five minutes sir?
                    -Oh Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
                      Hi Joe,

what's your opinion about people who in their signature at SciFi Channel's SG-1 board use the new cast photo, with big red X over Ben Browder and Beau Bridges' faces and a quote: "Mitchell and Beau don't belong, Jack does. He makes the real SG-1". Fan or fanatic?
                      Oh, won't those fans be sorry when they check out season 9 and end up loving Ben and Beau.

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                        Beau Bridges' family members often appear in his projects. Are any members of Beau's family scheduled to appear in an episode?
                        Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                          The team goes off-world to investigate "a problem" only to stumble across a "bigger problem". More on the Lucian Alliance. How's that for cryptic?
                          Excellent cryptic. Are you naturally cryptic or is this something you have learned as a writer.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aironoeus
                            I'm not a JPL/NASA person but I'm always keeping up on the latest Science/energy/astronomy items and breakthroughs.

My very opinionated question is......

Why do you not use more real world science items in your story lines?
                            My opinion is that Stargate is increasingly becoming more and more fantasy and less science fiction.
                            I disagree. I think we've always tried to strike a fair balance in the types of stories we tell. Real world science has played a part in past storylines and will play a part in future storylines as well.

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                              We've been discussing wether the Tollan could still be out there in another thread. I strongly recall having read as a general spoiler for an earlier season that as far as the creative forces of Stargate were concerned, the Tollan were wiped out. However, such old information is hard to find. So, do I recall correctly, and is it still the case?

Sorry if this counts as two questions, but they're both kinda intertwined.
                              Yup. That's still the case.

Comment

Originally posted by God_of_the_Sun
                                Hello, Joe. I’d first like to thank you, as most of us have, for taking the time to answer our questions. So, "thank you".

Now I’d like to ask about the Furlings – yes, the damn Furlings again!
                                1. Can you tell us, in no uncertain terms, whether we will see the Furlings in SG-1 season 9, Atlantis season 2 or the upcoming Stargate video game? Will you ever put us out of our misery – and yours too, you must be fed up with people asking about them.

<snipped by moderator>
                                The Furlings will not be appearing in either SG-1, Atlantis, or the upcoming video game. However, I have heard that they will be making an appearance in the upcoming season premiere of The Sopranos.

Comment

Working...
                                X