Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sup. more questions lol
    1. how come alot of ancient technologies in sg-1 look primitive on the outside.. like in reckoning.. the console were made of like stones.. and the weapon was inside a monument. whereas in atlantis.. it looks really advanced on the outside, nice and shiny and structured..
    <snipped>
    Last edited by Shipperahoy; 26 June 2005, 01:56 PM. Reason: Way too many questions

Comment

One of the things I've loved to watch progress over the years is Jack's increasing arrogance when dealing with any Goa'uld. The way this has been cultivated and nurished from the early thoughts of him as a pain in the mik'tah is masterful. Although I am fairly sure Ben could do a comparable act onscreen, his character doesn't have the foundation for the kind of gloating that's gonna need to be done when we run into old System Lords. Is this going to be passed to another team member, or should I shut my mouth, turn off my brain for the next 3 weeks and trust that you know what you're doing?
      -Five minutes sir?
      -Oh Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
        - Its no secret that I'd like to see Jack and Sam together when all is said and done.

I realise you don't have time to come and join the shipper family on a regular basis , but perhaps you'd like to join us for our 3rd Annual Shipper Day on July 28th? You'd be very welcome. (Especially if you brought a tub of that dark chocolate marzipan ice cream with you

On a different note .... Can you tell us if Olivia will be making her TV debut on SG-1? We've met most of PDL's family (Urgo will always be one my fave eps ), so it'd be great to meet Amanda's daughter too.
        sigpic

Comment

On the "Ask Bam Bam" thread a while back, he said he hadn't worked with Amanda Tapping on fight scenes yet. From what you've said so far, my guess is we'll see some P90 action. But can we also look forward to some Carter hand-to-hand fighting this season?

Comment

I have some questions regarding Mitchell's relationship/friendships with the other members of the team. Specifically, I'm interested in Mitchell's relationship to Daniel.

There is an interview with Michael Shanks in the latest Cult Times (July 2005) issue. In speaking about Daniel and Mitchell's relationship he says, ""We've yet to work together in a strong capacity". Now, I'm going to assume that at the time of the interview, most of Michael's scenes had been with others, or when Daniel and Mitchell had been in scenes together there had either been other people in the scene or they were too busy taking care of the situation at hand to stop and have some deep meaningful conversation.

However, one of the things that attracted me to Stargate is the friendships. Especially Jack and Daniel's friendship. There is/was a definite bond between Jack and Daniel that went beyond "we're members of the same team." Now, I don't expect Daniel and Mitchell to become "best friends" the moment they meet, but it would be nice to see that there is some kind of bond developing between these two.

So, my questions for you are

1. From your perspective as a writer, knowing the personalities of Daniel and Mitchell, do you see these two becoming friends?

2. Are there any S9 episodes where Michael and Ben will "work together in a strong capacity"? i.e. any episodes with good Daniel/Mitchell interaction?

Thanks again.

SueS

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
              I had Robert over last weekend to show off my new home theater. He was so impressed that he volunteered my place for the season premiere party. Guess I'll be making more ice cream.
              Can I ask a personal question... What's in your home theater setup? It must be quite something. I'm a big home theater fan, and although mine's just a "mini" theater, I must say Stargate looks brilliant in HD! It just helps me appreciate it that much more.
              Thanks!

Comment

Hi Joe!

Will we see Little Clone O'Neill again?? Michael Welch's show Joan of Arcadia I think was cancelled. Not that I'm happy the show is gone, I liked it haha, but is there a story being written for the Clone!?!?!

By the way, you're doing a great job with Stargate! I love every minute of it!

Comment

Hi Joe,

thanks a lot for answering some of my questions

Now I'd like to ask for your opinion on some Gaters comments on what Claudia's character is going to be like in Season 9. I found something like this: "Vala is going to be played up as a vamp and a joke." Some of them also think that she "has to take her clothes off and/or dress provocatively in order to be interesting." Personally I'm more than sure they are VERY, VERY WRONG here and we're going to see really interesting character development in these first six episodes. Right?

Comment

I see that it's time for another reminder we have asked that people limit their posts to ONE question at a time. This makes it easier on Joe and also ensures that more people will get their questions answered. We will begin editing multiple question posts after this point. We've been fairly lenient with related questions, as in one extra question that is related to the main question, but no more 10 question posts please.

Shipperahoy
                    Gateworld Moderator

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

JMallozzi,

Will be seeing the remnants of the Goa'uld empire like an outcast Goa'uld lord here and there?

I'm not just saying Baal's little thing, but a few lords here and there with a Ha'tak or two.

Will you be keeping them as "Gods-wannabes" or making the Goa'uld more Ashrak-like, warriors (because a lot of the Jaffa have turned them down)?

Comment

I have a question about Jack O'Neill the character, not about RDA. In several episodes, the O'Neill character shows his disdain for the Russian Military and government. Was the character created that way because he was part of the Cold War culture and he went through his early years in the air force during the height of the Cold War and the Vietnam War? I'm just curious how the character leans in that direction but always let's his heart overrule his prejudices.

Comment

Hey Joe,

Any chance of seeing Kawalsky this year or next?

Ace
                          "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Hey Joe can you give us some more plot details about the crossover episode "Grace Under Pressure?"

Comment

Hi Joe, thanks again for sparing some of your valuable time.

1) With Carter absent for the first five / six episodes, who on SG-1 is the most technical / scientific: Mitchell, Daniel, Teal'c or Vala? Who is the one to suggest scientific ideas / solutions / technobabble when Carter isn't around?

2) Have you read the latest SG-1 book, "City of the Gods", and (if so) what do you think of the author's take on the Furling question (since you writers seem determined to keep us guessing)?

Many thanks; keep the good times rolling!
                              Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Are there any episodes where the team is together? Let me clarify. I don't mean where they're just working on the same problem. I mean, where they spend a significant amount of time together in the same area. Not, one person on a ship, one person off world, two at the SGC.
                                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Working...
                                X