Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Underground when McKay and Shepard are caught in the bunker about 15 minutes in, one of the 3 soldiers bears a striking resemblance to Kolya. The 3 soliders are uncredited as far as I know. Any idea if this is Robert Davi playing one of the soldiers?

Comment

Dear Joe: Color me confused ...
      Early indications were that "a much-loved, sorely missed character" (believed to be Dr. J___t F_____r) would reappear in your script for Ripple Effect (née Convergence). Now, according to your blog, Ripple Effect will have "interesting guest stars" (Uh-oh) but "that character" will not return until a subsequent episode, written by Damian Kindler.
      Is this correct? (And is the Kindler-penned episode the one that has been slugged Grace Under Pressure?) Thanks for any illumination you can provide, even if it's but a penlight.

P.S.: If you can pull off the return, however temporary, of a certain diminutive, brown-eyed CMO, then I for one will regard S9 as an unalloyed triumph.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Hello Joe,

I have a few questions regarding Carter's return.

1. You said that Carter will return in the episode "Beach Head". The latest Stargate magazine is saying, "Colonel Samantha Carter returns to Stargate Command in Ex Deus Machina ..." Can you confirm for us that Sam's first appearance is in Beach Head?

2. In the same SG magazine, regarding Carter's absence, Amanda said, "After Janet died, Carter took responsibility for Cassie. Cassie has had some problems, so Carter went to spend time with her. That's how I'm playing Carter's decision to leave the SGC."

Okay, this sounds like a backstory that Amanda created for Carter, and not necessarily something we're going to see. I believe the last "official word" was that when Carter finally returns we'll learn she's been working at Area 51. I was wondering, any chance of this backstory becoming a part of the on-screen story? Also, what's the most interesting backstory an actor has come up with to explain their character's action/motivation?

3. Final question regarding Carter's return. First we were told Carter was away for "personal and professional reasons", then it was "just professional". Then we were told she was "far, far, away" and finally "she's been working at Area 51". My guess is that you guys were playing around with a bunch of different ideas to explain Carter's absence before finally settling on the Area 51 one. Any chance of letting us know what some of those other reasons were?

Thanks.

SueS

Comment

will the atlantis episode "Human Error" be picked up this year, or is it shelved again?

Comment

Hi Joe
            Right to the point. Since you, TPTB, knew that RDA was not coming back on a regular basis on S9 or even S10, why did you not end the "ship" with a definitive answer rather than vagueness and AU kisses.

Comment

[QUOTE=SavageAncient]Hello Joe, greetings from Belgium

I have a couple questions about SG-1.

1: I have always been wondering why there were never any Anubis Jaffa? (Ra's First Prime from the movie, the one with the dog helmet) they look awesome.

- There were quite a number of elements from the movie that didn't make it into the series - including thed Anubis Jaffa. They were pretty cool-looking though.

2: Why didnt the Tollan use their modified "nukes" on a goa'uld ha'tak?

- Check out Between Two Fires.

3: I'd like a straight answer on this one hehe, will we EVER get to see furlings?

Nope. Never.

4: Would a Goa'Uld Ha'Tak beat a Wraith Hive ship? Or would Apophis/Anubis' mothership?

Hard to say really.

Comment

Originally posted by SueS
                Well, so far we have the names and brief descriptions of 13 of the 20 episodes for Stargate. If you know the names of any of the remaining seven episodes, could you let us know what they are and perhaps give us a very brief description of them? (e.g. - Lifeboat - Daniel has a lot on his mind.) Are there any episodes in the second half that you are particularly looking forward to?

Also, will we be seeing Daniel's grandfather this season?

Thanks and take care,

SueS
                Hey Sue,

No plans to see Daniel's grandfather in season 9. Maybe in season 10.

I think you guys are up to date on the episode titles. As for the synopses - I hate writing them up so you'll have to check my posts for hints.

Which episodes am I looking forward to in the back half: Well, personally - first and foremost Ripple Effect - and Grace Under Pressure on the Atlantis side.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCO
                  Yes, what happened to it or them? Thanks.
                  They never really got them to work properly. They are one of the many items undergoing testing.

Comment

Originally posted by d3u5
                    Hello Mr. Mallozzi:

You just posted on your blog names of some new eps, could you tell us which ones are SG-1 and which ones Atlantis eps?

"Collaterol Damage" - (Is it Collaterol or Collateral?) SG-1
                    "Ripple Effect" SG-1
                    "Ethon" SG-1
                    "Critical Mass" Atlantis
                    "Grace Under Pressure" Atlantis
                    "Off the Grid" SG-1
                    "Stronghold" SG-1

"Off-world Ambassadors Story" SG-1
                    "Sister City" Atlantis
                    "Genii Story" Atlantis
                    "Charlie" Atlantis
                    "Return of THAT Character Story"
                    Ripple Effect - SG-1

Comment

[QUOTE=d3u5]Hello Mr. Mallozzi:

You just posted on your blog names of some new eps, could you tell us which ones are SG-1 and which ones Atlantis eps?

"Collaterol Damage" - (Is it Collaterol or Collateral?) SG-1
                      "Ripple Effect" SG-1
                      "Ethon" SG-1
                      "Critical Mass" Atlantis
                      "Grace Under Pressure" Atlantis
                      "Off the Grid" SG-1
                      "Stronghold" SG-1

"Off-world Ambassadors Story" SG-1
                      "Sister City" Atlantis
                      "Genii Story" Atlantis
                      "Charlie" Atlantis
                      "Return of THAT Character Story"SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                        has pdl quit writing? No eps so far mention him as writer, only as director
                        Peter is wholly focused on directing this season.

Comment

Originally posted by pie
                          I have been following that for years. Greg Anderson is Papa Tui on BS. Is he a similar Character on Stargate?
                          Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            A follow up on that... Any chance of seeing Sam in her motorcycle leathers again?
                            Its possible.

Comment

Originally posted by J_B
                              Hi Joe, The Drones in the MW seem to be able to penetrate directly right into & through their targets & do the main damage from the inside. Yet the ones we have seen so far in Pegasus seem more the explode on impact type.

Are there differences between the 2? (Ones in the MW & those in Pegasus.)

My theory is after the Ancients lost the war to the Wraith & returned to Earth they enhanced/supped up the Drones in the outpost ('The Lost City'). Just so that they wouldn't be caught off guard again. This would also be the case with the Time Jumper when it only takes the 2 shots to take out Aries Hat'ak.

Also if you are allowed to answer this, In Rising I, We see a single Drone that Beckett activated when he used the chair, yet no others went as well. At the End of 'The Lost City' with the thousands that seemingly went right through Anubis' fleet of ships & others have speculated that they survived this & went back down to the outpost or the SGC gathered up the remainder in orbit. I personally say that the outpost is depleted of Drones other than the one that Beckett launched & was just wondering if your allowed to clear this up or not. Thanks..
                              More on the drones in the back of Atlantis's second season.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyscho-veggie-freak
                                Hi Joe,

When you're coming up with ideas for episodes, do you have to spend ages thinking of stuff or do you get an idea immediately and go with it? I ask 'cos ever since I was nine I've been writing stuff, but I sometimes find it hard to get ideas.

Really appreciate you taking the time to answer all of our many many questions, thankyou loads.

Shéyna
                                When I get an idea, I'll usually toss it out to the other writers and we'll spin it to the point where I feel comfortable enough to go off and write and outline. Once the outline is done, all of the writers get a copy, read it, and offer their notes. I'll revise the outline and then proceed to script.

Comment

Working...
                                X