Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you checked out Broken Saints?

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
      The amount of research that goes into a goa'uld depends on the amount of backstory/mythology we'd be looking to explore in a given episode. In the case of Baal, we have yet to fully explore his Canaanite background.
      Speaking Baal what about Israel God Yahveh?
      any future eps about it?

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Thank you for responding to my question about Stargate Atlantis: Home...but I'm still a little unclear about a couple things.

They "went" through the gate after Walter confirmed that they could get home in a month. So unless Hammond was already there, he wouldn't have had a chance to get to the SGC from Homeworld Security (in the minds of the Atlantis expedition), or am I missing something?

Two very quick follow ups...why didn't they question the fact that all of the sudden Hammond was a Major General again since he had been promoted to Lt. General before they left?

Why didn't they wonder where General O'Neill was?
        Presumably, any questions they had would have been answered between the moment they stepped through the gate and following scene where they are already mid-way through being debriefed.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by objective. Legally, we can't use names that are in the public domain (ie. company names without permission) or specific names of people (ie. We can't have a character named Dr. Herceval P. Pennysmitherstein working in Montana if a Dr. Herceval P. Pennysmitherstein does actually exist in Montana).
          Following up:

Is that perhaps one of the reasons that the name of Gary Jones' character has "evolved" over the years?

[For those who don't know, the character has had at least three names: Norman Davis; Walter Davis; Walter Harriman. Joe has previously stated, probably tongue in cheek, that Harriman is Davis' "married name".]
          Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

Joe,

I've always enjoyed the understated, caring friendship between Teal'c and Carter. Any specific episodes to look forward to in the upcoming season? Thanks.

Comment

Well, gee, Joe, since we're both online and the Spurs are again in the NBA Finals...

San Antonio Spurs or Detroit Pistons?

*reaches down from NBA Finals Bandwagon, extends hand to help Joe jump on*
              Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                Joe - How do you determine which questions you will reply to and which you will skip, is there any criteria? Thanks.
                I try to answer all of the questions I can. However, I may skip over those that -

a) Aren't really questions.
                b) Would be better answered by someone else.
                c) I have already answered.
                d) I can't answer out of respect for other parties.
                e) I won't answer for fear of spoiling the audience.

Comment

Daniel and Mitchell will be heading off-world on a mission to retrieve a key element of a potential cure. Will someone be affected by the plague? The law of averages would suggest someone could very well be infected. Who? Well, you'll have to tune in to find out.

Thanks once again for taking the time to respond to our questions. We really do appreciate it.

So ... could you tell us the symptoms of this plague?

SueS

Comment

Joe,

Will Don Davis/General Hammond be making an appearance in season nine? (I had a suspicion after reading your blog that he might return in "Convergence".) It'd be great to see him again!

Thanks for taking your time to answer folks' questions. =)

Comment

Yup, I'm a huge anime fan. I have about 3000 DVDs in my collection. I have a long list of faves, but some that come to mind include: Cowboy Bebop.
                      Have you seen Samurai Champloo? It's fabulous...
                      Thank you for answering my question again! You're a champion!
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Given the fact that we'll be introducing a new villain, introducing a new dynamic to the Jaffa storyline we've followed for the past 8 years, and adding a new member to the team, most of the spoilers will focus on those general aspects of the show's 9th season as opposed to the specifics of the individual characters. Add to that the fact that the episodes people are talking about happen to be the first five episodes of the season (because they are further along the production pipeline) and, coincidentally, happen to be the first five episodes prior to Amanda's full-time return and, well, you can understand why most of the spoilers haven't focused on Sam. Still, there will be plenty of focus on Sam (and Daniel, and Teal'c, and Mitchell) over the course of this upcoming season. As in previous seasons, there will be episodes that will focus on the team and episodes that will focus on the individual team members.
                        Hi Joe:

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer our questions. My question is a follow-up to your previous statement. Will we have any episodes dealing with SG-1's member's personal lives--in particular Sam's?

Comment

Hey Joe, I have a question about season 9, we know that the Doci and Priors do the Ori's bidding but I'm wonderin do they have ships and if not does that mean there are stargates in their galaxy, maybe the original stargates?

Comment

Hey Joe -

There's already been a query on this thread about any upcoming Sam/Teal'c friendship moments. I'd like to expand that question to whether there are any Daniel/Teal'c scenes for us to look forward to. I've always loved the warmth and respect I sense between those two, and would love to see more of it. Like some others, I've been a little nervous that many of the early season 9 spoilers seem to indicate Teal'c spending most of his time with the free Jaffa, and although I'm thrilled that Lou Gossett Jr. will be joining the cast on a recurring basis, I still want to see Teal'c with his SG1 "family."

Got Teal'c?

Comment

Hey Joe

Blueberry Ice Cream or Chocolate Chip?

KFC or McDonalds?

Starsky & Hutch or Cagney & Lacey?

Pants or Jeans?

Cell phone or I pod (MP3 player, whatever)

Trainers or Jesus Sandals?

Superman or Spiderman?

Never go to bed angry. Stay up and plot your revenge!

Comment

Hi Joe,

first of all, thanks a lot for answering my question

Here's the next one, this time on SG:Atlantis. Is there someone from Poland on this mission?

Comment

Working...
                                X