Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiwigater
    This is harking back a little bit, but your reference to the London convention got me wondering..... After your comments on writers etc attending conventions, I had the pleasure of seeing Brad and Rob in Vancouver , and I pondered - did they enjoy their panel/run screaming in horror/convince you you might one day agree to come along to one after all?

And as a comment, I would adore seeing a "dearly departed character" return
    Brad and Rob had such a good time that I believe they'll be heading to London for a con in November.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Hey Joe. A bunch of us were in Vancouver not too long ago. A bunch of us went on the set tour. A bunch of us came home sick. Then there are those spoilers revealed about Fourth Horseman...

Is that just another of life's funny little coincidences, or do you guys take your research that seriously?
      Depends. What are your symptoms?

Comment

Hi, I am new here. Is there an actor named Greg Anderson on one of the episodes of SG1 this year?
        Thanks

Comment

Hi Joe

Its great to have you answering questions for us - and since you've even been answering ship questions lately, I thought I'd try my luck at another one

Over on the S/J ship thread we were having a conversation about the final scenes of Lost City and translating the Ancient that Jack spoke. As he's in the chamber, he whispers "aveo .... amacuse"

Most of us thought that it just meant "Goodbye friends" or something similar, but we found some interesting translations. Aparently aveo means "desire" and "amacuse" has a literal translation of "fall in love".

So was it deliberate that Jack looks at Carter and says he fallen in love with her, or just a lucky coincidence?

If you're interested enough to read all the translations, the're here and here
          sigpic

Comment

Hi Joe,

I'll probably repeat somebody else's question here, but I couldn't find the answer to it anywhere in the thread - what is Claudia Black and her character Vala's status in Season 9, is there a chance to see her in more than these 6 episodes?
            And the second question, are you going to invite Ben Browder to the writers' office? His scripts for "Farscape" season 3 episode "Green Eyed Monster" and season 4 "John Quixote" are REALLY brilliant
            Last edited by Kalliope; 04 June 2005, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Hi Joe,
              To many of us mere 'Joes' (pardon the pun), having a part in the making of a successful TV series seems exciting, creative, and fun! But, there gotta be stressors like our real world jobs. What would you name as the 2 or 3 top stressors for cast, crew, writers, producers, etc.?

Do you have 'team building' events to smooth out the rough edges and encourage bonding? An example?

Thanks for sharing your time and information.
              sigpic

Comment

Hey Joe!

I've heard you say ..type.. that writers/directors are usually not invited to conventions, or that you yourself are usually busy writing scripts, anyway. So I was curious to know that if you were invited to a con, and were not currently writing any wonderful scripts, would you attend? Or would you be too "afraid" that a fan with a PhD in Astrophysics or somesuch would start analyzing everything in StarGate, and point out your mistakes to the crowd (like the comic book guy in The Simpsons)?

Oh, and my sister and I were talking about this last night ... Do you guys up at headquarters plan to have any awesome off-world stand-alone episodes in the future, like in the good ol' days of SG-1?
                DANIEL: "What're you doing?"
                JACK: "Thinking, Daniel. Don't worry about it too much."

Comment

Hey Joe,

Why does SG-1 and the Atlantis team members carry M9 Berettas as a sidearm, rather than the FN 5-7 pistols? Since P90s and 5-7s use the same ammunition, it makes more sense to me that they would carry both in case one of their weapons was disabled.

In "The Defiant One," Sheppards P90 was damaged and he only had his Beretta to defend himself with, and he ran out of 9mm rounds pretty fast. If he had had a 5-7, he could have taken the bullets from his P90 (and any P90 magazines he had left) to reload his sidearm.

Thanks!
                  Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Hey Joe is there any way you can give us a more plot information about the episode Aurora? Like how they come across the ship or whats the main conflict in the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi

... As for the episodes themselves - 6. The Order? Never heard of it. And Prototype will fall between Babylon and the Fourth Horseman I and II.

1. Avalon Part 1
                      2. Avalon Part 2
                      3. Origin
                      4. The Ties That Bind
                      5. The Powers That Be
                      6. The Order
                      7. Beachhead
                      8. Ex Deus Machina
                      9. Babylon
                      10. The Fourth Horseman Part 1
                      11. The Fourth Horseman Part 2
                      12. Collateral Damage
                      Regarding The Order, on the Galaxy of Stars message board, April Telek, who plays Sallis said there was going to be another episode in which Sallis and Harrid would appear. The name she gave for that episode was "The Order".

So, is this the correct order for the episodes then -

1. Avalon Part 1
                      2. Avalon Part 2
                      3. Origin
                      4. The Ties That Bind
                      5. The Powers That Be
                      6. Beachhead
                      7. Ex Deus Machina
                      8. Babylon
                      9. Prototype
                      10. The Fourth Horseman Part 1
                      11. The Fourth Horseman Part 2
                      12. Collateral Damage

Thanks

SueS

Comment

Judging from the number of non-question posts that I've had to delete today it seems that some people aren't aware of the rule about this thread being for questions only. That means no answering other people's questions and no discussion of Joe's answers. If you want to discuss the answers there is an entirely seperate thread for that purpose. Thank you.

Shipperahoy
                        Gateworld Moderator

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                          In his position in the Homeworld Security, Hammond would have been the one to debrief them - not the commander of Stargate Command.
                          Thank you for responding to my question about Stargate Atlantis: Home...but I'm still a little unclear about a couple things.

They "went" through the gate after Walter confirmed that they could get home in a month. So unless Hammond was already there, he wouldn't have had a chance to get to the SGC from Homeworld Security (in the minds of the Atlantis expedition), or am I missing something?

Two very quick follow ups...why didn't they question the fact that all of the sudden Hammond was a Major General again since he had been promoted to Lt. General before they left?

Why didn't they wonder where General O'Neill was?

Thank you!
                          Last edited by Uber; 04 June 2005, 04:16 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Joe - How do you determine which questions you will reply to and which you will skip, is there any criteria? Thanks.

Comment

Hi Joe, I'm just wonderin season 1 of Atlantis didn't seem to deal with alot of Mythology (sumthing I love about SG-1), so is there goin to be any incorporated into season 2 or is mythology best left to SG-1?
                              Last edited by kirmit; 06 June 2005, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Joe,
                                Did Jay Felger invent the Rail Gun, seen in The Siege Part 2?

And one more thing, Are you and Paul done with the Atlantis Theme song lyrics?

Thanks
                                Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 05 July 2005, 07:28 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X