Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Joe,

Is there any chance that we will be seeing any Ancient war ships, i would be greatful if you could tell us.

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient665
      Is there any chance that we will be seeing any Ancient war ships, i would be greatful if you could tell us.
      An extremely good question. In SGA '115 - Before I Sleep', we're told about Ancient warships and transport ships. Will we get to see thim in Atlantis season 2 or SG1 season 9?

Comment

From Msg. 532 above:

<<4) Speaking of Don Davis, what will happen to General Hammond to allow O'Neill's promotion? Will he still be in the show as a guest star?

The door is always open for Don to come back as a guest star.>>

I have it on very good authority that Don would enjoy doing so...*grin*
        Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

Any plans to bring back Alec Colson?

Comment

Hi, Joe,

If asked and answered, please forgive.

1. S7, "Heroes" -- The public-affairs officer resembled USAF adviser Doug Thar but was named
            "Tom", presumably for former adviser Sgt. Tom Giannazzo. Was that casting and naming a deliberate
            tribute to those worthy gentlemen?

2. SG-1 and SGA have such a loyal fan base now. Perhaps you could name some characters
            after fans, as was done in the first "Get in the Gate" contest (S6)? With proper legal clearance, of course.
            (Having said that, I've set myself up to have a Wraith or other evil being named after me...erk!)
            Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

[QUOTE=binkpmmc]
              Originally posted by JMallozzi

Joe - I did ask the original question about Carter's character and whether you read the posts in the Gemini thread. It is a much broader issue with the damage that many people feel has been done to the character over the course of a season and a half with much of the criticism CULMINATING with Gemini . . . .
              Joe - in relation to the continued negativity regarding Carter's character I ran across a thread called "S.N.I.T. - a/k/a Save Our Sam" on the Sci-Fi Bulletin Board. You should take a look at this thread as well (or the people at Stargate productions should) as it too details the negativity surrounding the character (over and above the soap-opera nonsense created this past season and a half) and what fans perceive to be the downfall of a once strong and respected character. While you did post in response to my original post, you did not reply to the question so, in the hopes of a reply, I will restate my question about the future of this character:

What can you say to allay the concerns/worries of the growing number of fans that feel that the once strong and respected Carter character has truly been damaged by the way she has been written over the past two seasons and will Season 9 see the return of that once respected character so we actually see Carter in charge after she rejoins the team (after ATs return) and not blowing it like at the end of Affinity?

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Hey Joe! I've got a question about "Threads." Both Jacob and Sam said that 4 years ago Jacob would've been dead. Didn't Jacob blend with Selmak around Season Two? That would've made it six years ago. What exactly did they mean by four years?

Thanks Joe!
                sigpic

Comment

I think I can speak for Joe and other people reading this thread when I say;

STOP NITPICKING OVER THE 4 YEARS/6YEARS...THING! GET OVER IT!

Comment

[QUOTE=binkpmmc]
                    Originally posted by binkpmmc

Joe - in relation to the continued negativity regarding Carter's character I ran across a thread called "S.N.I.T. - a/k/a Save Our Sam" on the Sci-Fi Bulletin Board. You should take a look at this thread as well (or the people at Stargate productions should) as it too details the negativity surrounding the character (over and above the soap-opera nonsense created this past season and a half) and what fans perceive to be the downfall of a once strong and respected character.
                    I'm not sure what you mean by "soap opera nonsense," I hope it isn't the Sam/Jack relationship, which I certainly like. But I agree that I could not believe a strong woman like Sam would ever "settle" for a completely inadequate character like Pete. Maybe this was the full employment act for the DeLuises, but it certainly damaged the Sam character. In any event, I also hope that Sam becomes herself again in Season nine, plus the relationship with Jack that Threads implies continues and gets stronger?

Comment

Hey Joe,

I have noticed that the past couple of seasons the season opener of sg-1 features one of the cast members naked... Sooo who drew the short straw this year?

Keep up the great work.

Comment

I've enjoyed this show from the first time I watched it back in season three. I've purchased all the box sets, all the cards, have watched every episode to tatters with the exeption of a few in season four that I had to put in the realm of "No, sorry, there was no episode that week" in order to keep enjoying the series... So, I really am grateful for all the wonderful hours of entertainment.

However, in order to keep enjoying those DVDs from the past I'm going to have to put "Threads" in the box with "Divide and Conquer" and stop watching the show now. For me it's over with the return of the Sam that comes out of left field and pines and moons over Jack and caused my dinner to come right back up on Friday night. The two of them have all the chemistry of a rock and for me it really has destroyed the show.

Thanks again for everything UP TO "Threads". From now on I'll just tune in when Atlantis starts, and skip buying Season 8 on DVD.

Was it REALLY necessary to alienate such a large portion of the viewing audience? I realize the 'shippers may seem more vocal in the online community but that doesn't necessarily mean that they really represent the majority of the audience who watches the show and buys the products.

Comment

Since people seem arrogantly determined to continually abuse this thread and Joe's presence in it, I figured I'd post this little reminder:

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                          Please keep on topic - that means avoiding posting anything that is not an actual Question For Joe Mallozzi. Thanks.

Madeleine
                          GateWorld Moderator
                          And since people seem to need to have things spelled out for them, "WTF is wrong with you?" and similar sentiments do NOT count as valid questions. Joe is nice enough to come here and answer our questions and interact with fans. The very LEAST we can do is show him a little respect and not insult him. Save it for the playground, kiddies.

Hi again, Joe. Will you guys be revisiting any older storylines in S9? Pre-season 5 and not the Ancients, which we already know are a topic.

Also, a bit random, do you still have your dogs? I remember you used to talk about them a lot back in your days on SG1fans...

Comment

Joe,

1) Is General Landry going to be a Brigadier General or a Major General?

2) How did you and Paul meet and will he ever appear in an episode. He was the only writer/director/Producer not to appear Wormhole X-treme so any chance of him appearing in an episode soon?

Thanks!

Comment

This gets asked (multiple times) during these threads, but having just watched Deadman's Switch yesterday, I'll ask again:

Joe - Any chance of an Aris Boch follow up?

BYE
                              "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

A personal note to everyone who visits and plays in this thread....Joe comes here of his own volition, on his own time and of his own free will. He answers what questions he can with what information he has at any given time.

He is not the show runner and is simply one of many who work long and hard to make this show.

I understand that folks may be disappointed or frustrated by turns that the show takes....i've been there. But you know, one thing i've noticed about this thread....the more repect and patience you show him, the more likely he is to answer your questions.

Now, to keep this on topic, I'd like to know if Ba'al is going to come back and play. I personally saw Anubis as a pretty silly and over the top villian...but Ba'al...Ba'al was like Maybourne after Chain Reaction....he's interesing now....not to mention downright hot!!
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X