Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Joe:

I've become so interested and fascinated with the skill and imagination needed to put out a show like SG1, I'm totally in awe! I have no talent in that direction, but I admire the process that I hear about on the commentaries.

Q: When you're writing a script, do you have to be aware of how a visual effect or other effect can be done before you include it, or do you just write it, and leave it up to the particular department to come up with something
    ?
    EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
      In Season 5 there was an episode called 2001. I have a strong feeling that that episode (and Season), took place in, yep, you guessed it, 2001, three years after Season 2. Jack also mentions Daniel being a pain in the butt for the past 5 years. So unless Season 6, 7 and 8 all happened within the same year, the 4 year comment from Threads doesn't make a lick of sense.

BYE
      the 4 year comment also bothered me. the Tokra episode was in season 2 which should be 6 years, and the season 3 would be 5 years, and nothing happened with him in season 4.

also, we have no argument against a season is a year as in Citizen Joe it starts with 7 years ago, him picking up the stone, and seeing things from the season 1 finale. Citizen Joe is basically the episode that confirms that an sg-1 season is a year.
      spook

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
        - SG-1 is ending? When?
        Well, I meant after season 9. Can you really sum up the Furlings in one season? (That's a rhetorical question, but answer if you want. ) Will SG-1 continue into 10+ seasons? I hope so, but I'm really wondering if the Furlings will be in Atlantis.

Plus, since Lt. Ford has a reduced role (drat) will he be off the team? I hope not, he's funny.
        Still Smiling,
        ^_^,ll..

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
          Great question.
          P.S. Marvelous answer.
          Still Smiling,
          ^_^,ll..

Comment

Hello Joe, i got this question from another site and its a question i always wondered about too.

1. Will we ever come across a planet that has some huge Stargate Manufacturing Plant where they built Stargates like we build Cars ?
            I always wondered what Ancients built them and where and also

2. How exactly did these Ancients distribute each Stargate to every corner of the Universe?

3. Any chance we see an episode where the stargate screws up and sg-1 or someone gets traped in there or something similar, i just really loved those type of episodes like 48hrs. Something like 2 wormholes get crossed or something.

4. Now regarding the episode that atleast angered me" Moebius"

spoilers........

With there being 2 time puddle jumpers back 5000yrs ago with Timeline 1 Daniel, and Timeline 2 Jack,Sam and Teal'c, any chance we could see this group again as maybe a future episode since they are still there 5000yrs ago alive with 2 timeships and it was never stated they this new version of SG-1(i know u say its the same as Timeline 1) had found either ship yet.

I got some ideas but i know u couldnt read them

5. Is the Atlantis stargate made from the same stuff as Earths Stargate?

6. Any chance this season the stargate becomes public knowledge? alot of us thought it would in season 8 and kind of teased abit with in Covenant.

7. Ok bear with me here, if back in season 1 (not sure when u came aboard) if u and the other writers new u would have 9 full seasons to write stories for, would this shows direction be anything like it is now or would it be totally different?

Thank you for answering my questions and Happy Easter!
            LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

After 20 eps of Atlantis this season it seems like there's been a lot of focus on McKay. He is predominant in all the episodes and always has a storyline. Are there plans next season to concentrate on Sheppard more since he IS the lead of the show? He's in Atlantis because of the gene but we haven't seen much of it besides him flying the jumpers. Are we going to see more of the gene issue?
              sigpic
              Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Mr. Mallozzi,

1. Will we ever see Kasuf, Skarra and the Ascended Abydonians again?

2. Daniel said in the episode "1969" that he was about four years old at that time (the year 1969) making him around forty. He certainly doesn't look that old, and Michael Shanks has said that he plays Daniel at about his own age. How old to do believe the members of SG-1 are?

Cheers.

Comment

I have just read the spoilers on the Avalon Part 1 page on GateWorld.
                  Where it says "When Season Nine kicks off, Carter will be far, far away." -- I think I know what you mean by far far away. I think it means she'll be on her way to Atlantis!!! Am I right?
                  Signed
                  Brigadier General Jack O'Neill, USAF 66-789-7876-324

---------------------------------------------------

I MADE THIS PICTURE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sshspooky
                    also, we have no argument against a season is a year as in Citizen Joe it starts with 7 years ago, him picking up the stone, and seeing things from the season 1 finale. Citizen Joe is basically the episode that confirms that an sg-1 season is a year.
                    Carter mentions Jack/Daniel's actions on Abydos "9 years ago" in Mobius. The 4 years comment makes no sense. Tok'ra Part 2 was in Season 2, 6 years ago, and Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know was in Season 3, 5 years ago.

So what's 4 years?

I know it seems pedantic to be overthinking this, but SG-1 is usually very good with internal continuity, and something this major (considering what happens in Threads to said character), you'd think they'd get something so simple as this date right.

BYE
                    "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Hi Joe, I know right now Claudia Black is only in the first 5 episodes, but by any chance could she become a regular or even a semi regular? Also, what was Ben Browder character original name going to be, they first list his initial as MM?
                      Thanks,
                      Karon

Comment

Hi Mr Mallozzi
                        Thank you for answering my questions ... cryptic though it was...

I have another...
                        My husband wants to know if the expedition team on Atlantis will ever "stumble upon" a ZPM "factory"... ie a facility that churns out ZPMs by the dozen etc etc.

Many thanks...
                        Last edited by Easter Lily; 11 March 2005, 11:20 PM. Reason: Typo...
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Hello Mr. Mallozzi,

It's been wonderful reading your answers in this forum and thanks it is great for the fans of the shows.

This is my first post ever and besided the fact that I would love to know if O'Neill is now a civilian so he can be with Carter...

I would like ask you if there has been any storyline or "hint" in any past episode that you thought we would go crazy about and we sill haven't catch it.

Many, many thanks...

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                          Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
                            The 4 years comment makes no sense. Tok'ra Part 2 was in Season 2, 6 years ago, and Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know was in Season 3, 5 years ago.

So what's 4 years?

I know it seems pedantic to be overthinking this, but SG-1 is usually very good with internal continuity, and something this major (considering what happens in Threads to said character), you'd think they'd get something so simple as this date right.

BYE
                            Yeah, that bothers me too. If they say it was an honest mistake, I'll accept that. Unless they changed it for a reason (no conspiracy theories). Joe: care to comment?
                            Last edited by Lenonn; 14 March 2005, 06:13 AM. Reason: Elaboration

Comment

Mr. Mallozzi,

Hi and thank you for popping in this thread every now and then. I don't know if this question has been asked or if this is the place to ask it.

My question is....will a box set "out-takes" of 8 years of SG1 with comments, ever become a reality?

Again thank you for the great show.

Comment

I signed up with the gateworld forum because of your March 8 comment about cons. At Gatecon last July, I hung out with a bunch of people who were moaning about "all we get is actors - I want production people". Our bus tour took us to the studio and we stood outside for over a hour talking to whoever would come out - and it made no difference to us that you weren't even filming that day. We talked to Dan Shea (who came to Gatecon) and at least 2 writers and a man that someone told me was you!?? We asked all three gentlemen if they would come to Gatecon this year. We then went back and told the organizers to invite you guys. And then I left it at that.

Well no more passivity I am now bugging those guys. On my list of people I WOULD LIKE TO SEE, you are in the top 10. (Sorry, I must be honest, you aren't in my top 5, but.. I can always dream that Rick would actually show up).

I enjoy the stars of Stargate. They like the show and unlike Star Trek actors, they KNOW the show. But my favorite panelist at a convention was a Star Trek script supervisor. She knew the show. She had funny stories about new writers who came in and would completely mess up a character's personality (until she go ahold of the script). She knew all the little itsy bitsy details that the obsessive fan was interested in.

I mean, who wouldn't want to see you - the show's biggest fan - and one who actually gets to be directly involved with his obsession.

Comment

Working...
                                X