Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would also like to say thanks for stopping by and taking the time to answer our seemingly neverending questions.

However, I think I am supposed to ask a question so... Any chance of seeing Mary Steenburgen in a cameo or guest shot as sort of an ironic twist now that Jack O'Neill may or may not be at Cheyenne Mountain on a regular basis.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Joe. Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.

I was wondering if there is any chance of seeing Adam Baldwin come back for a guest starring role in season 9? I loved him as Col. Dixon. In fact I loved all of SG-13.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Hi Joe.

Firstly - thanks so much for taking the time to answer questions over here, it's really interesting to read the answers.

And to my question, which is about Threads and Moebius
        Spoiler:

There a discussion going on that I was hoping you could clear up about the timelines.

Considering all the meddling with the timelines there's talk about how this has affected the show or if it really has/will.

Is the timeline from the end of Moebius Part 2 and leading into SG1 S9/SGA S2 a similar but subtley different timeline from the one we've been watching for the past eight seasonsor is it the same timeline we've all been watching, with the end of Threads and most of Moebius Parst 1 and 2 are an alternate timeline(s) used to tell the story much like how we saw 2010 used?

Hope I phrased that okay and thanks if you answer it.

~
        Purpleyin

Comment

Thanks Joe for taking some time to answer the questions here. Much appreciated.

I have one though ..
          You've managed to dodge in and out of answering anything about the status of the S/J ship. In regards to Threads ...
          Spoiler:
          In Threads, Jacob Carter was killed but the conversation between him and Sam about Jack, rules, having everything etc. hasn't really been touched on. I know that originally there was a kiss scheduled in Lost City in the engine room, but it wasn't put in. EVERY season we're promised a resolution and then it's always pushed back.
          So my question is .. will be see something between them by the end of S9, IF RDA decides to return?

Spoiler:
          And also, are they actually TOGETHER by the end of Threads and again in Moebius? The episode(s) don't make it very clear.

Thanks!
          __

__

Comment

Hey Joe!
            Unless someone else has already asked you these before, I wondering if you might be able help us resolve two little discussions we've been having about the Ancients recently. Thanks in advance!!! --PuddleJumper747

A) Did the Ancients also originally evolve here on Earth, or not?
            I thought for sure that they did, but not everyone else around here seems so convinced....

B) What did the Ancients call themselves?
            1) Did the Ancients just always refer to themselves as "Ancients", and our word "ancient" today means exactly what it does just because of how old their race had become in relation to the rest of us?
            2) Or did they just know themselves as "Lantians", and the title "Ancients" was simply bestowed upon them later by other races as an honor to how great a people they had become? (Personally, that makes more sense to me....) But if this is true, then did "Lantians" refer only to the Ancients living in Atlantis, or to their entire race as a whole?
            3) We're just not sure either way yet. (Please don't pick this one....) Thanks again!!!
            There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
              Well, it depends what you mean by resolved.
              That's extremely vague? Are Sam and Jack together now was the question?

It's great of you to answer fans questions, but you did say you would answer things about Sam and Jack after the series........and you seem to be avoiding all of them questions?

Thanks for your time

--Tan

Comment

Hi Joe!

Thanks for responding to my PM!

As Tan (Scaryperson) pointed out...the answer was a little vague...

...I'm a 17 year old who's anaemic...so nearly always asleep...could you spell the answer out to me!

Once again, thanks for taking the time to come here and talk to us!

And feel free to revisit the S/J ship thread!
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hi again Joe! Thanks for answering my question on the writers

Heres my new question...
                  Since there are obviously going to be major changes in the cast from the begining of Season 9, do you think we will see unique titles for the beginning of Season 9, much like at the begining of Season 6? Later changing into "clip" titles as has been for the last few seasons? It might sound silly, but I'm interested.

Thanks
                  Last edited by Whistler; 27 February 2005, 12:31 PM.

Comment

I've read some of the concerns fans have expressed with regard to Sam re: the engagement, her feelings for Jack, but I'm not familiar with the controversy surrounding Gemini. Do tell.
                    I know I didn't ask the original question, but I can tell you what my concerns were concerning Carter in Gemini (of course my concerns my be different from others).

First of all, there were several times in Gemini where O'Neill wanted to pull the plug, but Carter always somehow managed to talk him out of it. Now, I don't mind Carter occasionally getting O'Neill to change his mind on something (it's a way to show that he respects her decisions and is willing to see a problem from another's POV), but this happened alot in this episode and, IMO, it started to look as though she had no respect for her commanding officer. Also, I thought this made O'Neill look bad because he seemed to be so easily swayed by Carter.

Secondly, I thought Sam was making a lot of her decisions regarding RepliCarter based on emotion rather than remaining objective. If you think about it, the last human form replicator she had encountered had been Fifth and he had tortured her and lied to her. So, don't you think she should've been a little more caution in dealing with her? I just thought Sam allowed RepliCarter to interface with their defenses a little too quickly and a little too easily.

Finally, at the end, Sam was all set to take responsiblity for what had happened, and I really like this. She realized it was her actions that had set this whole thing in motion. But then, Jack and Teal'c come along and tell her it wasn't her fault. It felt somewhat condescending to me. I would've rather Jack allowed Sam to take responsiblity, but also make it clear that it wasn't the end of the world ... okay ... it could've been the end of the world ...

Well, now that I have your attention, I have a few questions regarding S9.

1. I'm assuming that RDA will not be in the three-part opener for S9. So, when the series starts will Gen. Landry already be established as the new leader of the SGC, or will we see that transition take place some time during the opener?

2. Will we see Daniel and Teal'c's reaction to not having O'Neill or Carter there? Will they be upset or just take it in stride? How will they adjust to Landry and/or Mitchell? Any initial animosity or will everyone get along right from the start?

3. When Carter returns will she still be in the military (I've heard rumors that she might not be.) If she still is, and if Mitchell is now the CO of SG-1, how will you explain Carter stepping down?

4. Have you figured out a way to bring Janet back for S9? Would you like to bring Janet back?

Thanks in advance for answering.

SueS

Comment

wow, i didn't know this thread existed for some reason am i allowed to ask a couple questions?? i hope i don't repeat too much, though, since i haven't read through all of this!

1. in atlantis season 2, are we going to see many (or any for that matter ) stories devoted mainly to a single character, a la before i sleep and the gift?

2. i guess this is kinda a selfish question, but i can't resist any chance we'll get to see more of major davis in season 9?? or even as a recurring character on atlantis?? he's one of the most interesting, intriguing, and fun characters between both the shows (second only to sheppard in my book) and i know i've certainly missed him the last two seasons (only being in one ep and
                      Spoiler:
                      then as his AU self
                      )

3. is there going to be any more character development of sheppard regarding his ancient genes and his ability to use the ancient tech so easily?? or about his great math skills

sorry again if these questions have been asked already and thanks in advance, even if you can't answer without giving too much away
                      Last edited by emily_reich; 27 February 2005, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Hi Mr Mallozzi

I was wondering if there was something about Joe Flanigan that caught the attention of the producers and casting people...

I think you've done a terrific job casting him and David Hewlett for their respective roles.
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

. . . but I'm not familiar with the controversy surrounding Gemini. Do tell.
                          Okay,since you asked, I'll tell - have you looked at the Gemini thread here or comments on Gemini elsewhere? If not you should - I think you will find the comments enlightening as to where the growing negativity towards Carter is coming from and why it is growing. It has nothing to do with her feelings for Jack there is a lot more to this character than her feelings for Jack either way and with Gemini and some of the other things that have been done to the character since mid-season 7 there is growing negativity about the character as a whole - separate and apart from the pro and con Jack thing, which not all people have an interest in either way, there are some who just like(d) Carter for who Carter was (strong, independent, dignified, respected, intelligent) and are disappointed in who the character has become (completely separate of any Jack and Sam fluff). Some comments relate to her unproffessionalism and completely uncharacteristic behaviour (just one quick example is the end scene in Affinity - she finally is shown in charge of a mission and it is screwed up by showing this character saying yes and kissing behind a truck while still on-site at a mission she was in charge of and with the SWAT team still present????) Gemini will speak for itself when you read the thread (if for some reason you cannot look at other threads, concern re: story ideas, etc., let me know and I will write up a spearte synopsis (past e-mails from me already provide some of this insight so you may want to look back at those as well) but if you can look at the Gemini thread that would be best since it will reflect much more input and I will not have to provide a summary - you will get to hear it directly from the fans with concerns and not just from me trying to wrap everyone's concerns into one summary).

I think it is important that you and the other PTB see Carter beyond the Jack and Sam stuff - there was a great character in there at one time pre-mid season 7. The Gemini thread and some of the other threads will give you all good insight into why the negativity is growing re: Carter's character (negativity that has nothing to do with Jack and Sam or that fluff angle.)

Once you take a look at the Gemini thread perhaps you could answer the question previously posed:

Do TPTB see this as what is happening, if not can you give some insight into what exactly is happening with this once strong and respected character and why? What can you say to allay the concerns/worries of the growing number of fans that feel Carter's character has truly been damaged by the way she has been written over the past season or so? and will Season 9 see the return of the original Carter and will we actually see Carter in charge (after ATs return) and not blowing it like at the end of Affinity?

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Well I could go on and on forever but I'm going to make this really short. I bet you've been asked this before but hey.

Furlings in S9? (PLEASE OH PLEASE )

and do you have to email or any form of contact of someone i can talk to about the event horizon generation? (as in, the actual creation of it in Lightwave or 3DSMax or whatever program you guys are using to do it now, obviously it hasn't been the same, it started off as a texture and now its actually using raytracing )

If you prefer not to say on a public board, you can email at [email protected]

Comment

Spoiler space

Hey I was just thinking (after seening someone mentioning that the Daedalus has Asgard transport beams) what if the Daedalus arrives and beams the nukes onto each one of the hive ships? The major flaw in this plan is, how would the Daedalus be able to detect the cloaked puddle jumper???

Any thoughts? Am I far off the mark?
                              We are the Wraith who say NI!!!

Comment

Very confusing question for you, but since you and Paul wrote the episode I hope you'll understand it

Spoilers for Moebius I guess...
                                Spoiler:
                                In Moebius we see 3 timelines, one where there are no fish in Jack's pond, one where there are and one that is completely different. We're now obviously in the third timeline, with the fish, but have we been watching the first timeline for 8 years or the third timeline, and Moebius just showed us how that third timeline was created.

Of course, if we've gone from the first to the third, you've developed the ultimate cop-out tool where anything can be explained away with "Well they changed that in Moebius"... well done! (I'm being sincere by the way, that may have come across a tad sarcastic )

Comment

Working...
                                X