Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, now I've got a new question based on the recent casting news that's been mentioned (hopefully I don't have to spoiler-hide this): if Jack is going to be head of Homeworld Security next year, then where will Hammond head off to?

Oh, and as for the person who thought Jack getting promoted right away again wasn't realistic, IIRC, there've been quite a few people throughout the course of history that have gotten speedy promotions in their military career, usually during times of war (and the war w/ the goa'uld counts).

-Bloodaxe

Comment

This question concerns spoilers for Threads. I understand that there is great dramatic potential in portraying
      Spoiler:
      character deaths

But I really wish you had not
      Spoiler:
      killed off Jacob Carter. He was an absolutely wonderful character.

In an earlier response, you said we might see
      Spoiler:
      Jacob in season 9.

Can you tell us how that might be possible or if it is remotely likely?

Thanks for the wonderful show. If you didn't write them so well, we wouldn't love these characters so much.

Yasmin

Comment

To: Joe Mallozzi

Thanks for taking time for listening to all the questions on the board.

I was wondering in regards to Threads if the Ancient knowledge in Daniel's subconsious will come up to play in a major way in season 9 since it has been stated elsewhere that you are going to focus on finding more about the Ancients? I know that with both Atlantis and SG-1 focusing on the Ancient's past and their knowledge like the database found in Atlantis and in Daniel's mind, how will you differentiate between the Ancients of 10 000 years ago in Atantis and those that lived millions of years ago on Earth what evolution could they of experienced in that time? And how do you at the same time create a backstory for them that is consistent yet different in both stargate shows? I just think it would be a challege to keep it consistent from what has building since the show started.
        Last edited by rhade; 10 February 2005, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Hey, Joe

First of all, many thanks for popping in here now and then to answer our questions. Much appreciated. And to everyone on the show for their continuing commitment and talent. I've been thoroughly enjoying S8 and am eagerly anticipating S9.

Now, the question:

Spoiler:
          Many fans were puzzled in Threads, when Jacob stated he should have died 4 years ago. Sam repeated this 4 years in the observation room, when she was telling Jack how Selmac gave her the father she thought she'd never have.

I know that the script wasn't yours, but wondered if this was just a simple mistake or whether there was some genuine, logical reason for it to have been cited as four years rather than the six many of us believe it should have been. (The Tokra being a S2, not S4 episode).

If it was a mistake - will it be rectified with looping for the DVDs? Or if not a mistake, do you know what Sam and Jacob were talking about? <g>

Thank you for your time!

Albion
          Last edited by Feli; 10 February 2005, 12:47 PM.
          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Hi Joe:

How's about a Sam/Teal'c story? Sort of an expansion on what we got in NO Part 1 or Gemini with them off working together on something or trapped offworld, etc.?

Perhaps Brad Wright could do the "2 person in a room" story. He's shown a propensity for it in the past.

Throughout the series we've had:
            Jack and Sam -- Solitudes
            Jack and Teal'c -- Tangent
            Jack and Daniel -- Abyss
            Teal'c and Daniel -- Changeling and Orpheus

I liked all these episodes and I think they were all generally well-liked 'cause the characters came off well in them. Whereas some Sam episodes (Chimera, Affinity) and Teal'c episodes (Affinity, Sacrifices) didn't go over as well with some fans because the characters seemed to suffer a bit.

We've had bits of Sam and Teal'c in Matter of Time & Paradise Lost. But now how's about a full Sam and Teal'c dilemma/danger/storyline.

Thanks for listening.

hrh

Comment

Albion and rhade, please put spoiler tags on your posts. Threads has not aired yet here in the US as well as other countries. Thanks.

Livy

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
              Spoiler:

Comment

ive not seen it yet but moebus looks like a big story like lost city as both are movie material
                how r you gonna finnish s9 its gonna have to be the best ever ending that wraps every thing up
                you look like you got your work cut out since no jack
                how is the sam and jack relationship gonna play out

Comment

Hi Joe!

Will we see the Aschens in s9? An episode titled 2005 or 2006 would be great.

Thanks for you answer.

Tamás

Comment

Thank you for the answer.

But I wonder why Jonas can't return for real?

[inappropriate request for a comment on personal matters snipped out by mod]
                    Last edited by oriontokra; 13 February 2005, 08:05 AM.
                    Jonas

Comment

Albion and rhade, please put spoiler tags on your posts. Threads has not aired yet here in the US as well as other countries. Thanks.
                      Well, apologies - however, didn't really consider it necessary since the header of this thread clearly states 'spoilers for SG1(S8/S9) and SGA (S1, S2). I figured anyone coming into the thread and being spoiled after that header had only themselves to blame. It is kind of hard to miss.

But, sure, if you want the extra, double double spoilers, that's cool.

Albion
                      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I just watched Threads and have to say the underscore/soundtrack was really phenominal. That episode had such a tremendous musical backing to match it's very in depth drama. Would love to know if a seasonal soundtrack could be available or even possibly add certain soundtracks to the DVD Box Sets?
                        The music was so good with great depth in the musical score, instrumentation, mixing. And it seems as if it's been improving with each season as well as the same quality added to Atlantis. Can you explain to us how much instrumentation goes into each piece, how much music is re-used from previously recorded scores, and how much music is recorded for each new episode?

Thanks Joe for taking the time to read our questions!

Comment

Hi Joe!

When you get Writers for episodes, notably new writers, do you ask for a story that they entirely come up with, or do the producers come up with a rough outline as to what the story must have in it, and leave the dialogue and actualy story elements up to the writer(s)? Or something else?

My question particularly focuses on Sanctuary.

Comment

How much freedom are the actors allowed? Can they, for example, say, "my character would never say/act like this"? Oddly, I'm also thinking of Sanctuary. But I'd like to know in general, too. I know LINES, sometimes, can be changed, but whole tracts of dialogue or behavior could be another matter. Or is it up to the individual writer/producer?

Comment

If the thread title already states that there are spoilers in the thread, as this one does, then it isn't necessary to put spoiler space in a post as well.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hey joe was lord Yu a tokra? He always seemed to nice tobe a gould, as nice as a gould could be. It always seemed to me that lord yu was never a god to his people but an emperor, more dictator like. It seemed that you guys had a rather interesting back story to why Yu was Yu. Could he had been a deep cover tokra, that was turned by the power and corruption of the gould lifestyle? So joe was lord Yu a tokra?

Comment

Working...
                                X