Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparky|gater55
    If you look very closely you see that there are two Aussie flags walking around in two episodes of Atlantis, which means that we must know about it else how can there be two Aussie's walking around the SGC?
    Atlantis isn't on here yet and I'm not wanting to spoil it so I have tred to stay as far away from Atlantis stuff as possible.

Of course that usually means I end up reading stuff about it but yeah anyway so there were Aussies huh? That's great!

I just hope they don't sound stereo-typically like Stive Irwin "Crickey have a look at that little fella" as he hold up a snake head.

Comment

Joe, Michael Greenburg said at the London Film and Comic Con that Season 9 should revolve around backstories and currently unresolved issues, like the Furling and jack's true desire to get a dog (meant to be a joke, somewhat )

I've always wanted SG-1 to revisit some past stories(as noted in some of my threads for a few months back, but people were unsure of how well that would do). My big question is will SG-1 ever revisit the Tollan "saga". I mean they have Prometheus
      Spoiler:
      and with Daedalus going to Atlantis to fend off the Wraith attack
      , that leaves me to wonder how many REAL ships are in current production and whether or not they will be able to at least take a ship to Tollana to investigate A) Any currently survivors from Anubis'/Tanith's onslaught in "Between Two Fires" and possibly to determine if SG-1 could take advantage of retrieving any technologies still left in working order on Tollana, like any pre-production ion cannons, etc. And also, I would like to see both the Nox and Aschen stories resolved, like if the Asgard, Nox, Furling and Ancients were such close allies that was built over a millenia, why is it that they no longer keep in touch? Also, will Mini-Jack and Nick Ballard be brought back, and will Sarah/Osiris be able to return in S9 since it was confirmed by Gateworld and Michael shanks that she wouldnt be back for Season 8.

I know this is a lot, but my last question is if there has been any further developments about the "lost season 2 episode" that was discussed time and time again, and what it deals with, and if it will still be directly to DVD or air on Sci Fi at all?
      Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Any chance of getting a definitive answer regarding what is written on the Grand Staircase in Atlantis? I know folks have been madly deciphering it based on screencaps, but if there's a complete and correct answer somewhere, that'd be great.

So far, I've seen a few websites (and an online buddy of mine) post this as the most complete and supposedly accurate translation of the Grand Staircase in Atlantis...

1. we hold these as the truth
        2. a hearty welcome to those of other worlds
        3. visiting our home for the first time do come again
        4. absence has weighted heavily on our souls we are
        5. those returning you have been gone too long and
        6. as we leave for distant worlds we pledge to respect the lands of
        7. whole again that you are among us and we celebrate you being here again
        8. our neighbours and to act with integrity as ambassadors in peacetime
        9. of our people travellers with open hearts will always be welcome refugees
        10. inhabitants of this world and all we may ever know we will always strive to
        11. from tyranny may seek shelte ...
        12. ... r lives to protect the weak and the just let...

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
          If the PM is about making Stargate: Horizon into a TV series it would be ethically and legally ambigous for Joe to even read it.
          It's not about that. Although that's a very interesting idea... hmm, gotta think about that.

But, seriously, that's not what it's about.
          Last edited by Alex Rubit; 20 December 2004, 05:41 AM.
          Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
            The last half of SG-1 season 8 offer some huge surprises, adventure, and great character development. Fans of the show are in for a treat.
            I am very much looking forward to the second half of season 8.

Two questions.

1. What are the chances of you attending the Creation Con in Chicago this coming August?

2. Will the Season 9 five episode story arc with Claudia Black's character Vala be five continuous episodes or will the episodes be spread out over the season?

SueS

Comment

Will we get more team episodes to help flesh out Browder's character and the team dynamic of SG-1? Like actual episodes that focus on the complete team and not just one or two characters from it...

Comment

Hi Joe nice to see you back on Gateworld again
                could you say if Sam would still be leading SG1
                as after reading Robert Cooper's interview with scifi it left me for the fist time a little uneasy with all the news that is coming out on s9.
                ......TARA......

Comment

I think he was talking about Stargate: Farscape
                  sigpic

Comment

I've just read Cooper's plan to explore Ancient history for season 9. It bugs me that Goa'uld history hasn't been explored. We dont know how they went from swamp snakes to galactic rulers.

Comment

Well, they do in small, subtle ways, like in the First Ones and Thor's Hammer, about how they infest their host and one of their natural/biological abilities is probably mental/physical possession of their host, and they probably learned from another species that they infested that use of naquadah in the blood allows control of naquadah-based technology (Hand/Ribbon Device), etc.

Comment

Hi Joe. I hope you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year. : ) : )

I would like to know if there will be any mention of Janet in Season 9. Her departure was so sudden and shocking. I would like to see the affect that her absense has had on SG1 and the SGC. To know that they still miss her and that even tho life goes on, you still need to stop and remember what has been lost. To acknowledge that grief together as a family helps to make it easier to live with it.

Thanks.

Looking forward to S9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        sigpic
                        Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

-any plans to deal with the usual loose ends like the furlings, giants, foothold aliens, grace aliens, ashen, ree tou, steven, nyan, sarah, klorel, or even the Tollan?

-any new writing talents for season 9? With working on both series, I'm sure you all have a lot of work to do, and there seems to be much demand on forums for some writing additions.

Comment

Well, they pretty much wrapped up the ree-tou as well as klorel... However, I do want to see some of the other characters/species you mentioned, such as the Tollan and whether there were any survivors, as well as Sarah, and the Aliens from Grace and whether they are the Furlings or are they possibly the new enemy mentioned for season 9. (kind of like how the crew of the new Enterprise meets the Romulans, but Starfleet never actually sees them until later in the Original Series.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1
                              Hey Joe. Thanks for all your hard work. Would love to see you at Concept in Montreal?
                              Any chance we will find out what really happened to Steven Raynor. It doesn't have to be a whole ep (even tho I would LOVE THAT), it could just be a line or two. It would be great to see Sarah, Daniel and Steven in another ep together!!!!!!!!!!!
                              How was Concept? Unfortunately, the timing is bad for me - even though I'm from Montreal and visit the city three times a year. We're still finishing up work on the show in November.

As for Steven and Sarah - I'd love to follow up on both their characters. I've had a Steven story kicking around for a while and, maybe, will get around to fleshing it out. Sarah is also a great character I would love to explore further - but, again, it depends on finding the right story for her.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by SueS
                                Hello Joe,

Thanks for answering our questions. I have 4 questions/comments.

1. Several people have mentioned that Ben Browder and Michael Shanks look alike. I wonder if that will play a factor in the show. (Some people have been speculating that maybe Ben's character might be related to Daniel.)

2. I was reading on an Australian site that they've decided to show Prometheus Unbound before Gemini because, according to the site, "Gemini has a tie in with Atlantis" I'm not sure of their reasoning for this because I thought Prometheus Unbound had a stronger tie-in to Atlantis than Gemini. Also, they will be showing Moebius Part 1 on Jan 6 (as their 13th episode). I was under the impression that starting with Reckoning, all the episodes were kind of related. I.e. they had to play in sequence in order to make any sense.

Just looking for your opinion on stations that air episodes out of sequence.

3. Are Reckoning, Threads, Citizen Joe, and Moebius related, or can they all be considered stand-alone episodes?

4. Finally, any word yet on whether or not Threads will air as a ninety minute episode? If that doesn't happen, will the ninety minute version be available on the DVD?
                                1. Nope. No relation.

2. We don't have any control over when the broadcasters choose to broadcast the episodes. But, for what its worth, I think it would be unwise for anyone to watch Moebius before watching the rest of the episodes leading up to it.

3. There are threads that run through Reckoning, Threads, and Moebius. They are stand-alones, but they figure into the overall arc of season 8. In other words, you're better of watching these episodes in sequence.

4. I'm not sure what was decided with regard to Threads - but the 90 minute version should find its way to DVD.

Joe

Comment

Working...
                                X