Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe,

I suppose that now, that we have interstellar capabilities, and we are "a very curios race" (to quote O'Neill from "The Fifth Race") we should have checked out the planet that was terraformed in "Scorched Earth" and made contact with the Enkarans. Also, I'd suppose someone should have made contact with Aris Boch's race. We should have a permanent ambassador on the Nox home world. Or somebody should have got a report from good ol' Nick Ballard. Or Prometheus should have checked out Tollana to see what was the fate of Narim and his "superior" friends. Someone should have tried to make contact with the Re'tu rebels. The Reole should dropped by... And the examples could go on.
    I understand that it's very hard (and impractical) to come up with follow-ups on-screen for all things in the past, but is there any chance to hear from time to time about these kind of exploits tied with past missions from small talk between team members?

Comment

Joe,

This is probably a Martin Gero-type question, but Martin isn't around, so you get stuck with it.

In SGA's "Letters From Pegasus", we see Dr. Zelenka's video end with a "take care my dear" (or something similar). Many of us thought he was speaking to a wife, but there has been speculation that it may have been a daughter he was speaking to. Can you tell us if he was sending a message to a wife, daughter, niece. . . ?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

When are the writers and producers of Stargate going to acknowledge the existance of Jack O'Neill who was, for eight years, the central character of the show?
        I would like to ask this in a polite way but nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Now that filming has ended for S9 are you involved a great deal in the post-production process of the end-of-season episodes? How conducive is the split season to writing? (does it help or hinder the creative process?) It doesn’t seem give you (or the other writers) much time to ‘recharge the batteries’ does it, before the new season starts gearing up... (Or does the restorative power of ice cream help stave off the burnout? )
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Hey Joe, any chance of SG1 going back to the place where the Four Races used to meet?
            As in, the planet that the US military was able to establish a wormhole to in the late 40's, Ernest Littlefield was stranded there for 50 years etc.

There could be a substantial amount of information there, and Earth finally has a ship that can get there...

Comment

To the degree possible, is the shooting schedule setup to maximize the number of consecutive days off for the regular actors?

I read an article that Ben Browder's family still lives in LA and that he makes it a point to fly back whenever possible to see them.
              "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

hi joe,

will there be many nice friendshippy moments between sam and teal'c in season 9? i'd love to see that friendship shown and developed more.
                thanks joe.

Comment

Hey joe I dont think anybody ever asked you this question before because we always assume it tobe true. Since they were the gatebuilders, and have a history spanning millions of years. However, are ancients immortal as in they have lives that span thousands or millions of years. Sg writers seem to give 2 conflicting informations. Since in the first episode of atlantis you have an ancient woman millions of years that showed up frozen millions of years later in an sg1 episode. But in the latest atlantis episodes you show ancients who aged while being cryogenically frozen. Just like dr.wier in that trippy timetravel episode. So this suggest ancients age normally like regular humans. So are ancients,actually ancient, like they are capable of living millions of years, or do they have lifespans only like regular humans. LOL joe this is your nerdy techie question of the day

Comment

Hi Joe,

Quick question, do you read any of the other threads besides the "Ask Joe" Thread? If yes, which ones?

Thanks a bunch,
                    Christine

Comment

Hi Joe,

I was wondering, since Teyla spends almost all of her time on Atlantis does that mean that someone else is leader of the Athosians on the Mainland or is she still their leader?

Thanks!
                      Kate

Comment

So Joe, you've been watching a lot of T.V. lately it seems. What do you think of the show "Weeds"?

Comment

[QUOTE=stargate barbie]QUOTE]

Joe - have you seen this: http://scifibrain.ign.com/index.php?...k=view&id=1311

great read - tell your friends. Scroll down to see who #2 is. It is interesting as it tracks what many Staragte fans want in a female lead . . . .

Comment

You said you have ideas for 2 Sam stories and a Daniel story for next season. What criteria do you use to decide if an idea would be good for a certain character? Actor style, character type? Flip of coin?
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Joe,
                              I don't suppose we'll ever see Susan Lucci as one of the remaining goa'ulds? Despite the fact that it would work great visually.
                              "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Can we see some Australians on screen in atlantis? I mean you guys had a New Zealander in the pilot but no Aussie

Comment

Working...
                                X