Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe, is there any possibility of see, if not a ship based spin off (Stargate: Odyssey anyone?), at least one episode based around the crew of one of the starships. Ideally one that DOESN'T center around the normal full-time cast members. In other words, have an episode that centers around the Daedalus going out on a mission and that Shep, Teyla, whoever is NOT aboard the ship and isn't going to be rescued (in other words, NOT like Intruder where it was ship-based but still centered around the main cast members).

Comment

Joe,

Any chance for a Jack/Sam wedding for (perhaps) a series finale? We saw him earlier in S9 still poking around and Carter made an obvious (at least to me!) reference to him in her conversation with Barrett in "Ex Deus Machina". I know that this a "future" question and such, but ever since both "Threads" and "Moebius", it's got me thinking about writing a premise for the idea.
      "In the middle of my back swing?!"

Comment

Hi Joe!

Given the fact that now there will be a tenth season of SG1 and a third season of Atlantis, is there any way that we might see at least one episode with Jonas Quinn in it? Especially since Corin Nemic has expressed that he wanted to come back to the show.

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
          There's a reason why they've set their sights on this particular galaxy. For the answer, check out Fourth Horseman II.
          Las Vegas, Vodka Martini's and Dr.Phil?

(Couldn't resist)
          "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Joe...

I remember awhile back that Star Trek producers wanted to do a special episode for the franchise with Kirk and the Next Gen crew that would have been massive in scope but simply was impossible to set up because of the enormous costs from special effects, casting, other logistics, etc. It was kind of their "if wishes were horses" story idea...something completely unattainable but would have been cool "if only."

So...here's a magic wand. You now have an unlimited budget for special effects, casting and any other cost-eating elements you normally have to worry about for an über-episode or über-mini arc. Casting is also in the bag because you can have whatever actor or actress you want, living or dead (maybe you see Lucille Ball as Jay Felger's mother or Marlon Brando as a Furling ...my point is, choose whoever you want for whatever role you want). With all that in mind, if you could come up with a dream episode of Stargate SG-1 from any time frame (no limits as to which season it could be staged), with any theme that you KNOW could/will never come into existence because of logistics, casting, special effects costs or a combination of all the above, what would you love the plot to be about? Would it be humorous or dramatic or a mix? Would you go for a team episode or single character-driven storyline (don't limit yourself to the fulltime characters either)? If so, which character and why?

There you go, Joe...unlimited budget, unlimited options for casting. Take this magic wand and go crazy.

Be as serious or snarky as your current mood permits...but I'll hope for a serious answer to this one (hey, it doesn't hurt to ask).

Thanks as always,
            Mary Beth
            Last edited by Uber; 03 November 2005, 11:29 AM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hey Joe,
              My question is are we going to see any more exploration of atlantis and if so in which ep??

Comment

Which arc-ing storyline did you like the least and why?
                It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Hi Joe,

Any truth to the imdb listing that RDA will be in first ep of S 10? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000760/

"Stargate SG-1" playing "Gen. Jack O'Neill" in episode: "No Hope" (episode # 10.1) September 2006

With all my heart, please bring him back...

Livi
                  Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Hi Joe...

Well this is a simple question is the Daedalus the BC-303, or is it something else like the BC-304, X-304?

And I would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to read and answer my question. Thanks

Comment

Hey Joe,

You've mentioned several episodes where we'll see science/military Sam, but I was wondering, aside from 4th Horseman, Part 2, will there be any angst/emotional turmoil for her in any episodes?

SueS

Comment

What are TPTB's view on the new Fandemonium novels, do you count these are cannon?
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Do you watch a show called Veronica Mars?
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

Hope you don't think this a rude question but do you have any news on your involvement in S10 ? In previous seasons when did you find out, earlier or later than this ?
                            Thanks for answering

Comment

Joe,
                              I know that the 60-second credits have aired in the U.K. (I've seen it, even though I live in the U.S.), so can we expect the credit to premiere here in the U.S. before The Fourth Horseman, Part 2 airs on SciFi?

And by the way I loved them (Although I think Shanks should be second in the credits, after Ben but before Chris).
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi Joe.

Weir, McKay, Beckett, Zelenka, Bates, Grodin and Ford all seemed to have spent some time together on Antarctica before the events of Rising. Has there been any discussion about delving into this particular backstory?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X