Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Joe,

A few of us were wondering what happened to all of Ra's Jaffa?? While you ever go into detail what happened to them?

Comment

Hey Joe,

I was just wondering, how did you come up with the idea for Atlantis? Not the show in general, the actual city/setting...what inspired you?
      sigpic

Comment

Given that you're up to 9 seasons (Congrats) with Stargate, have you developed a SG bible to maintain continuity with the characters, storylines, events, places, etc.? Along with that, did you develop a bible for Atlantis from the git go? I had heard that the BSG producers wrote a BSG bible before the series went into production.

(One of my major peeves with Star Trek: Voyager was the horrendous continuity issues. Thanks for being great with the consistency.)
        "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Joe, Mitchell hasn't really been shown leading the SG-1 team very much. Hardly at all. In fact, many fans don't think he's believable as the leader. During which episodes will we be able to see Mitchell really take charge and show us why he's the leader of SG-1?

Comment

hi, joe,

i'm going to assume mitchell's in command of sg1. so with that in mind, will it ever be explained why sam isn't, and why she doesn't seem to care that she isn't? as a sam fan, i'd like to know the answers.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Joe...

Please do us gateheads a huge favor and settle something once and for all as World War III is currently erupting on the forum (blood has been drawn and everything...it's just downright gory).

Most of us understood that Mitchell was to be in charge until Carter's return...something to the effect of "while Sam's away at Area 51, Mitchell leads SG-1", "he's the temporary leader of SG-1", "he's the team leader, at least for the first few episodes" and another teaser from you, "he's definitely the leader of SG-1. Oh, you mean after Carter returns???"

My question is simple...Are there any scenes in any episodes this year that will resolve this issue??? Does Sam at some point regain leadership of the team or not? If not, then what did you all mean by the quotes from the last several months hinting otherwise???

Please...for the love of all that is round and kawooshing...PLEASE put us out of our ever-lovin' misery and give us some kind of clue here.

¡Muchas gracias amigo mío!
              Mary Beth

Last edited by Uber; 18 September 2005, 10:05 AM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Joe - do you know where anyone at Bridge got the idea that fans are saying Robert Cooper is misogynistic because of the direction of crusade? That is an awfully strong word. Gateworld was mentioned perhaps unfairly, because several have not been able to find any reference to misogynistic in terms of the crusade spoilers, cliche was used, and perhaps fairly, but not misogynistic (I did a search of the crusade thread for the words misogynist and misogynistic and both came up empty). I ask because I am concerned that Gateworld, and the folks that post here, have been unfairly tagged by the recent blog entry by Mr. Levine making reference to Mr. Cooper's being upset with the fans reaction to the crusade spoilers.
                Last edited by binkpmmc; 13 September 2005, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Hey Joe,

I have a question about the Episode "Maternal Instinct".I dont know who would be best to answer this, so please pass it forward to the right person if you don't know.

When watching Maternal Instinct, the Monk inside Kehb uses the phrase:

"Because it is so clear, it takes a longer time to realise it, if you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago."

Well after doing a little research into the Zen Code, I found this similar phrase:

"Since it is all too clear ,It takes time to grasp it.When you understand that it's foolish to look for fire with fire,The meal is already cooked." - Wu-Men

Did you guys purposly alter the phrase that the monk says, or was it just an error?Im only curious because before actually doing a little research, I just thought you guys made this stuff up off the top of your head lol.

Comment

Hi Joe! Many thanks for taking the time to answer our piddling questions... here's another one!

In episodes like "Wormhole X-treme!', 'Heroes' and 'Covenant', when we see camera equipment (mikes, camera tracks, lights, etc), how much of that equipment is props, and how much is real, working equipment from the show that you simply don't bother to hide?

Thanks for your time! Here's hoping for season 10!
                    Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Joe,

Thanks so much for the wonderful ep - Babylon. It's nice to see Mitchell's character being fleshed out (taking the time to do it right is important!) and seeing him leading the group. It's also nice to see Sam return to the position of 2IC, which she really excelled at under O'Neill's command. My question is ... will we find out more about how well Sam and Mitchell know one another, what their history is, etc? It's obvious that they know one another pretty well, and I think so many of us are curious to know if they served together before, or knew each other outside of the military, etc.

Thanks!

Comment

Joe,

It's pretty clear that most fans want to know more about Mitchell. Even after Babylon, we barely know him. In fact, we learned nothing knew about him in Babylon at all. It's very puzzling that Vala is so much more developed than he is, yet he's the new leader of SG-1. When can we expect to learn more about this character, and by "learn" I mean some actual backstory or hobbies, interests, motivation? Finding out what his kryptonite is would be excellent. Any chance we'll learn about this?

Comment

hey Joe !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the idea of the telepathic dog ??????

Comment

Hi Joe!

It seems that all the Goa'uld have pretty much been defeated, wiped out, or in hiding. However, there are hundreds of thousands (or millions?) of Jaffa running around the universe with Goa'uld larva in their bellies and apparently a genetic need to have them there. SO my question is:

How are the Jaffa going to survive without the Goa'uld Larvae?

Susan
                            Last edited by Susan28; 15 September 2005, 03:51 AM.
                            "Well, my days of not taking you
                            seriously are certainly coming to a
                            middle."

Comment

Hi Joe!

What can Jonas Quinn fans do to help bring him back?

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Hi Joe.

My question concerns a crossover. When is SG-1, as a whole, going to work with Sheppard's team ,as a whole, or vise versa?

Thank you for your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X